Medium Dorset Tote

I have the old version and I have never had leather problems with it. My daughter has the old version as well and just bought the new version in blue. The differences are the lining in the new is heavier and the bag holds shape. She loves it. She thinks there may be a finish difference in the new one but not sure. We both like our old versions very much due to the fact they can be folded and put in a suitcase. It's a great go to bag when you travel and are shopping. In my opinion, which ever you purchased you will enjoy. You can tell which you purchased as the new one holds its shape. My daughter said the lining of the new model is soft and wonderful. She also uses her old one for work and she is a health care professional and throws her Dorset in a locker and has no leather problems so don't worry but enjoy.

Any of you ladies know the size difference between the medium and large? The pictures on net-a-porter all look the same to me.

I don't know the measurements but there is quite a bit of difference in size. I have the large old one and my daughter has the medium new and the old large. If you have the large one and want to make it look a different shape, just fold the sides in and they stay and the bag looks great.

I don't know the measurements but there is quite a bit of difference in size. I have the large old one and my daughter has the medium new and the old large. If you have the large one and want to make it look a different shape, just fold the sides in and they stay and the bag looks great.

I guess I will have to wait and see if I got a new or old version. Thanks so much for the info. You ladies in the mulberry forum are so nice and informative! I need to start hanging out in here more often. 😁

Received it yesterday. It was disappointing. The leather felt really thin. Even on sale at $450, it's not worth it to me. Thanks for all the info and advice anyway, ladies. You've all been very helpful!

Received it yesterday. It was disappointing. The leather felt really thin. Even on sale at $450, it's not worth it to me. Thanks for all the info and advice anyway, ladies. You've all been very helpful!
yup you are in the same category as me- a DORSET HATER!!
hahahahaha :smile:
I like the look on others but definitely not for me. It would drive me nuts with the flimsiness.

I like the look on others but definitely not for me. It would drive me nuts with the flimsiness.
I returned a red medium Dorset to net-a-porter at Christmas and a large black Dorset tote to Kafka for the same reason. New ones seem to be more structured? Maybe 3rd time lucky if they go in sale...

This! If I wanted something flimsy that I can pack within another bag or for travel, I prefer the Le Pliage for a fraction of the price.

I returned a red medium Dorset to net-a-porter at Christmas and a large black Dorset tote to Kafka for the same reason. New ones seem to be more structured? Maybe 3rd time lucky if they go in sale...

I definitely got an old version. Very thin leather, almost felt like pleather. tPFers earlier in this thread mentioned that the new version (medium sized only) is constructed with better leather and that the bag is more structured looking because of that leather. So maybe the 3rd time will be a charm for you.