weight difference between antigona & nightingale?

ms_j

O.G.
Jul 26, 2013
Hi! 1st post on givenchy forum! :smile:
I've recently discovered the small antigona is too heavy for me to carry, so am deliberating getting a small nightingale instead (I'm 5"1) but wondering is it much lighter then the small antigona??
many thanks in advance, there are no gales around here so I'd have to order online (I'm I'm Australia so very limited styles)

I am going to guess that the gale is not significantly lighter than the ant. The gale still has quite a bit of hw on it as well. If I were to guess which is in fact lighter, I would go with gale but I wouldn't expect a huge difference. You may perceive it to be much lighter b/c it is a slouchy soft bag. The gale shoulder strap is wider and distributes the weight more. I don't know that the underlining that gives the ant its structure adds much weight. I doubt it though. I have both the medium gale and medium ant. I don't feel a big difference when they are empty. HTH

that's hrhsunshine! :smile:
hmmm guess the mini ant would be the only usable option to me, I tried that on too, it's not really an everyday bag though
maybe I'll try the small ant on again... it just shocked me how heavy it was compared to the balenciaga city :s

that's hrhsunshine! :smile:
hmmm guess the mini ant would be the only usable option to me, I tried that on too, it's not really an everyday bag though
maybe I'll try the small ant on again... it just shocked me how heavy it was compared to the balenciaga city :s

I started with Bals. EVERYthing is heavier than a Balenciaga City.

u ladies so have a point :smile:

this may be a silly question, but do u think the shiny leather weighs any different to the sugar? Also why is it cheaper is it not as hardy?

u ladies so have a point :smile:

this may be a silly question, but do u think the shiny leather weighs any different to the sugar? Also why is it cheaper is it not as hardy?

Don't think the weight is very noticeable, although I have never inspected that. Goatskin is typically more pricey and calf (shiny).

^Thanks again hrhsunshine :smile:
awaiting the black shiny mini ant to become available, I've seen it on pre order
I just prefer shiny things (either shiny or super pebbly and smooshy) but was worried it was not as sturdy

^Thanks again hrhsunshine :smile:
awaiting the black shiny mini ant to become available, I've seen it on pre order
I just prefer shiny things (either shiny or super pebbly and smooshy) but was worried it was not as sturdy

ur welcome. share when you eventually get your treasure :smile: