Would you sell some LV to purchase a Chanel??

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
I am having a hard time deciding.... I have four LV bags (trevi pm, speedy mono 25 b, azur 30 and a vernis alma in Indian Rose. I just sold my beautiful Alma in blue lagoon and limited edition speedy leopard. I want a chanel flap jumbo in beige Claire so bad! Have any of you sold your LV to buy a Chanel? I am sooooo tempted but I would have to part with two more LV and I don't think I could ever pick which two? HELP:smile:

I haven't and I wouldn't...I'd probably save up for them if I were in your position. Your LV collection sounds beautiful, it's classic with great pieces and a variety of materials-DE, DA, mono and a vernis? That's like the royal flush of purses :smile: A Chanel will enhance your entire handbag repertoire, but I don't think it should replace anything. Good luck deciding!

I haven't and I wouldn't...I'd probably save up for them if I were in your position. Your LV collection sounds beautiful, it's classic with great pieces and a variety of materials-DE, DA, mono and a vernis? That's like the royal flush of purses :smile: A Chanel will enhance your entire handbag repertoire, but I don't think it should replace anything. Good luck deciding!

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I am having a hard time deciding.... I have four LV bags (trevi pm, speedy mono 25 b, azur 30 and a vernis alma in Indian Rose. I just sold my beautiful Alma in blue lagoon and limited edition speedy leopard. I want a chanel flap jumbo in beige Claire so bad! Have any of you sold your LV to buy a Chanel? I am sooooo tempted but I would have to part with two more LV and I don't think I could ever pick which two? HELP:smile:

I've thought about this and if I had to choose between a Chanel classic flap or an LV handbag, I would choose the Chanel bag, because you don't often see many people on an everyday basis wearing a Chanel compared to LV. It's just the pricing is so ridiculous and it's increasing every year. If I were you, I would sale the pieces you rarely use towards something you would use, because what's the point of having a pretty bag if you hardly use it? If you're truly set on getting a Chanel then get it before it gets more expensive in the future. :smile:

That would depends...if I were a girl.
If something in your LV collection is really dear to you...I wouldn't sell them for a chanel bag. I would just look for other means to save and obtain a chanel bag. But if two of them are not really important to you...then why not sell them for a chanel bag? Think long and hard before considering parting any two of your LV bags.

Yes sell set a bag budget and buy what you use and sell what you don't. Once you go Chanel it is a slippery slope. I will only spend over my bag budget now if I get a big promotion. Just my advice. It's not only about money but decluttering also.

No, I have never sold any of my LV and I would never sell any of them. But then again, I would never buy a Chanel. It is simply not my style.

Only if you don't love them. I sold some LV bags I didn't want any more and it just so happened I bought a Chanel bag with the money. But, like I said, I didn't want them any more.

I feel for you, girl! You have a nice collection! I have only been into LV for a little over a year, but recently became interested in Chanel. I have the 5 LV bags I want, and no immediate plans to add any.

I just can't rationalize Chanel's prices! The bags I'm interested in are between 5k and 6k. I'm not comfortable spending above a certain amount, regardless of what I can afford. The ladies on the Chanel forum recommended Fashionphile. I'm new to pre-loved, but found the most beautiful, perfect bag, no signs of use, at a huge discount. I would highly recommend.

Yes, you miss the boutique experience (I've had tons of that at LV anyway, so I didn't really care) but you sure save! Couldn't be happier! :smile:

I would only sell two more purses if carrying the Chanel would make you happier. You have to ask yourself what you value more. For me, I wouldn't only because I don't value paying a lot of money for a small delicate bag. Chanel bags are beautiful, but I don't like them enough to pay the price.

I wouldn't, but that's just me. I have 3 really nice Chanel's just sitting there gathering dust. I don't find them big enough for my daily needs and they kind of seem more like special occasion bags to me.

I wish I would carry them. But when it comes to my LV I just love rotating bags, SLG's, charms & bandeaus in and out. They're fun. I have a good time with it.

But do what your heart tells you to do.

Good luck!

I wouldn't, but that's just me. I have 3 really nice Chanel's just sitting there gathering dust. I don't find them big enough for my daily needs and they kind of seem more like special occasion bags to me.

I wish I would carry them. But when it comes to my LV I just love rotating bags, SLG's, charms & bandeaus in and out. They're fun. I have a good time with it.

But do what your heart tells you to do.

Good luck!

I have to agree with Tulip with regard to Chanel. In my case, I bought a larger flap bag for daily use, deliberately choosing a Reissue that is not black, and made of a washed Caviar -- so it's not delicate. I don't feel that it stands out like a big Classic, which works for me for now. The Classic will come later.:graucho:

Overall, though, LV is just so fun! Tulip seems to be an expert at using and styling a number of bags, and she is really onto something with what she says here. So just be aware that there is a versatility to LV that you many not find with Chanel. I am happy with one Chanel (for now) but wouldn't choose to have just one LV, if that makes sense. The diversity is what makes it so addicting!

And of course, no offense to anyone who sticks with one LV!;)