What red is this?!?

mai_LV

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
Hi! Just bought a red jumbo and read that there was 2 reds in 2010?!? Is this red the 10A or 10C red?!? I just want to know for my own knowledge. lol thanks !!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398306328.761611.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398306347.556828.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398306376.747305.jpg

Thank you chanel777! How would you describe the red? Do u still have her and love her ?

Mine is dark red under room light but under direct sunlight it's more like stawberry red. I love the Caviar sooooooooooo much, back then Chanel Caviar is really better quality than it is right now. As you can see in the following pic(left hand side) mine is still pretty new even it shows no signs of wear and tear! I kinda regret didn't buy more Chanel bags back then.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 415
Mine is dark red under room light but under direct sunlight it's more like stawberry red. I love the Caviar sooooooooooo much, back then Chanel Caviar is really better quality than it is right now. As you can see in the following pic(left hand side) mine is still pretty new even it shows no signs of wear and tear! I kinda regret didn't buy more Chanel bags back then.

Your bag is gorgeous!!! I hope mine is the 09a! Yes I agree! Wish I bought more back then !! I know it was 2900? In 2009. Now I am paying 4200! I am just glad I found one that IUD in excellent condition and comes with everything!!! I am not sure if I love single flap or not . I like that it's lighter and easier to get stuff in and out. But I feel that a double flap retain their shape better. Yours look like its brand new ! Do u use it a lot? How is the shape holding up? I've seen lots of single flaps look point at the top vs round (curved) with the double flap..

Your bag is gorgeous!!! I hope mine is the 09a! Yes I agree! Wish I bought more back then !! I know it was 2900? In 2009. Now I am paying 4200! I am just glad I found one that IUD in excellent condition and comes with everything!!! I am not sure if I love single flap or not . I like that it's lighter and easier to get stuff in and out. But I feel that a double flap retain their shape better. Yours look like its brand new ! Do u use it a lot? How is the shape holding up? I've seen lots of single flaps look point at the top vs round (curved) with the double flap..
I kinda love single flap more than double flaps, 'cause it can contain alot stuff and it's thinner, better looking than double flaps on the outside. I didn't use this red Jumbo back then but I use it more recently, the leather is really firm and it holds it's shape so well (unlike Caviar made nowadays, so soft, I really doubt about it's durability) I enjoy mine alot and I'm pretty sure you enjoy yours too:smile:

Hello! I'm starting this thread up again as I recently posted something in the wrong place :sad: I think this might be the right place
mai_LV was so helpful and responded to my original inquiry - thank you again!

I recently purchased a red caviar jumbo single flap in "Red", series 126xx
Through research on the forum I think it might be 09a? Or 09p? I'm not sure. I wanted to know if you ladies think this is a keeper/rare find? I'm not sure and I'm afraid the red in jumbo size might be too bold for me. The other flaps I have are all black. Do you ladies feel too "flashy" with the red jumbo?

However, I know red is hard to find so I feel like I should keep it?! The bag is being shipped now and I'll have it in a few days.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Hello! I'm starting this thread up again as I recently posted something in the wrong place :sad: I think this might be the right place
mai_LV was so helpful and responded to my original inquiry - thank you again!

I recently purchased a red caviar jumbo single flap in "Red", series 126xx
Through research on the forum I think it might be 09a? Or 09p? I'm not sure. I wanted to know if you ladies think this is a keeper/rare find? I'm not sure and I'm afraid the red in jumbo size might be too bold for me. The other flaps I have are all black. Do you ladies feel too "flashy" with the red jumbo?

However, I know red is hard to find so I feel like I should keep it?! The bag is being shipped now and I'll have it in a few days.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

126XXXXX is probably an 09C. It is the exact shade as 09A, as the 09C was so popular Chanel repeated it in the fall. It for sure is a keeper. That red is very subtle and wearable IMO. Don't keep it because you think it's rare. Keep it if when you get it, you love it. Is it SHW or GHW?

126XXXXX is probably an 09C. It is the exact shade as 09A, as the 09C was so popular Chanel repeated it in the fall. It for sure is a keeper. That red is very subtle and wearable IMO. Don't keep it because you think it's rare. Keep it if when you get it, you love it. Is it SHW or GHW?

Thank you for the feedback lallybelle. It is SHW, exactly what I prefer/want. I definitely plan to look over every detail of the bag when I get it and try it on with various outfits. In all my (20+!) years of shopping/purse obsessing, I've never found THE red bag. This might be it! It all started a few weeks ago when I was driving away from the mall parking lot and this woman had on a red caviar chanel with SHW; pretty sure it was jumbo. I thought it looked TDF! So I began the hunt and, as luck would have it, one popped up on Fashionphile.

It does look like it might be an excellent red to have in one's collection/wardrobe.

I should have it on Wednesday and will give an update and try to post pics!

Hi mai_LV
Sorry, I don't post much and am not thread savvy! I did not mention in my last message/post to you (in the wrong thread) that I moved my comments to this thread that you started!

How are you liking your red jumbo? It sounds like I may have the exact same color as you. Does it go with a lot? Do you wear her out/feel comfortable with the size and color?

Btw, I saw that bag on Ann's website and admired it. Lucky you! :smile: