It doesn't feel right =(

blendedblush

Mar 21, 2014
I saved for six months so I could buy the DE Speedy B 35 for my birthday (which was on Thursday). I really thought the was pretty much my holy grail bag, but something just isn't right.

Don't get me wrong, the bag is perfect and I'll be really sad to take it back but I've spent too much money on this not to be perfect.

Have you experienced anything like this? What did you do? Xx

I saved for six months so I could buy the DE Speedy B 35 for my birthday (which was on Thursday). I really thought the was pretty much my holy grail bag, but something just isn't right.

Don't get me wrong, the bag is perfect and I'll be really sad to take it back but I've spent too much money on this not to be perfect.

What do you think doesn't feel right about the speedy? Is there another bag you may be interested in? .there have been bags that I loved from pictures and when I tried them on in the store realized it wasn't the bag for me....for working so hard to save your money, you need to love the bag you are going to buy!!!!!

I think a part of it is a guilt thing, simply because this is the most expensive item I've bought?

I've had my eye on a mini pochette and pochette nm - both of which I'd get plenty of use out of. My mum is after the sarah wallet and would give me the cash, so I was thinking I could put that towards a pre loved item or put it away until I fall for another bag.

I've also noticed very recently that if I have a cross body bag I'm more prone to panic attacks for some reason! So that's also playing on my mind.

I'm just miffed and sad really. I never thought I'd question taking it back. I've obsessed over it for so long! Xx

Maybe give it 48 hours? I know it is a lot of money and I felt this way when I got my Chanel bag. Two days later the panic and guilt was gone...I love this bag!

Good luck!

yes, this has happened to me. i searched for months to find a Noir LE Mizi Vienna. once i found it i was so excited and immediately purchased it, thinking this was my HG bag. well, once it arrived and i stared at it for a while i realized i wasn't in love with it. don't get me wrong, it was a gorgeous bag: really soft lambskin leather with fabulously detailed stitching. i ended up sending it back. my rule is: i can't just like or want the bag, i have to love it if i'm going to keep it.

good luck!

I think a part of it is a guilt thing, simply because this is the most expensive item I've bought?

I've had my eye on a mini pochette and pochette nm - both of which I'd get plenty of use out of. My mum is after the sarah wallet and would give me the cash, so I was thinking I could put that towards a pre loved item or put it away until I fall for another bag.

I've also noticed very recently that if I have a cross body bag I'm more prone to panic attacks for some reason! So that's also playing on my mind.

I'm just miffed and sad really. I never thought I'd question taking it back. I've obsessed over it for so long! Xx

I've felt guilty with some bags too..I think the speedy b is a great bag with the different ways you can carry it and I've had great success with my canvas bags, they are durable....but if you are not going to enjoy wearing it, no point in keeping. I do agree to think about it for some time before making a quick decision to return...

Yup. Had ordered the speedy b 30 mono and didn't feel the love when I got it. Though I love it on others...and wanted to love it and still do...I didn't. I ended up exchanging it for the artsy mono and haven't regretted it at all. It cost more, but I'm happy to say a year later I still love it. That being said I should of just gone with my first instinct which was the artsy...I just had a hard time parting with the dollars. It was my first purchase of a bag that expensive. Now I find it was well worth it given how well it's held up. Perhaps you might want to look at what type of bags you have used most in the past and go from there in regards to style. Good luck.
And yah...the guilt thing got to me too! Lol I couldn't believe I spent that much, especially when it could be used on something more practical.
*oops forgot to say happy birthday as well lol
Happy Bday! :smile:

Last edited:
Yup. Had ordered the speedy b 30 mono and didn't feel the love when I got it. Though I love it on others...and wanted to love it and still do...I didn't. I ended up exchanging it for the artsy mono and haven't regretted it at all. It cost more, but I'm happy to say a year later I still love it. That being said I should of just gone with my first instinct which was the artsy...I just had a hard time parting with the dollars. It was my first purchase of a bag that expensive. Now I find it was well worth it given how well it's held up. Perhaps you might want to look at what type of bags you have used most in the past and go from there in regards to style. Good luck.
And yah...the guilt thing got to me too! Lol I couldn't believe I spent that much, especially when it could be used on something more practical.

I have a Michael Kors bag in the same size and style (which is easier to open too if I'm being honest)

I adore my Neverful GM which has truly been my life saver this last year.

I'm a make up artist and I've started to get really into prosthetic work and although the neverfull GM is around £300 less than the speedy b 35, I haven't babied it. I think I would with the speedy b.

I'm going to sleep on it me thinks!

But thank you lovely tpfers! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :heart: xx

^ my guess is with the damier ebene you wouldn't have to baby it as much. Perhaps some tpfers will chime in on that. Can always get a purse to go for the interior if ur worried about that.

Dear this is quite a bit of money not to love the bag. I have felt guilty for spending so much on my bags but it is also short lived. Maybe you need to return to the boutique and look at some other items or exchange for the Pouchette. Either way you need to be completely satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum