Shill bidders on ebay- beware!

Apr 24, 2006
Now that ebay hides bidders names, I think the shill bidders are having a field day. I was watching two chloe bags and the top bidder has zero feedback and is bidding on items from the same seller.

I guess they don't care if stuff like that goes on as long as ebay makes more $$$$

:cursing:

Well, I guess Im not bidding on enough high end stuff LOL! I never see "bidder1, etc" I see the bidders eBay identity.

And I still see a ton of shilling going on. Its always on stuff that I want, and pass it due to the obvious shilling. Grr!

Yes. This is a very popular trick used by many sellers. The most famous one is moda-da aka paparazzi-girl.

For eBay, they don't care, as long as the price reaches high so they can collect fees. Now they even put more privacy protection, such as Bidder1, Bidder2 & etc on high price items. Other bidders would not be able to tell who they are competing with. Thus makes shill bidding much easier. I even saw sellers used zero feedback ids to build up their feedbacks when they were selling fake items so they could cheat later.

And check this one out:
NWT CHLOE EDITH FLAP SATCHEL MUSCAT BROWN LARGE BAG NEW

Bidder Information
Bidder: Bidder 3
Registered on eBay: 90 days or less
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 10
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 40%

hmmm now that's interesting.

Looks like this seller got this bag from NM discounted sale and are trying to make some profit. How could they sleep well after doing this?

I also looked up seller kastler. She and moda-da/paparazzi-girl are so much like twins!

I agree that shill bidding is a huge problem, I am certain it happened me on an item that i bought for my daughter as I later saw evidence of shilling on the sellers auctions. However, i just want to say that I have a few buyers who will only buy from me as they trust me. One lady has bought several of my items & has no other feedback so if she bids again then it would really look like shill bidding as her activity has been 100% with me. There are so few honest sellers on ebay at the minute that buyers are tending to return more & more to people that they can trust kwim?

I agree that shill bidding is a huge problem, I am certain it happened me on an item that i bought for my daughter as I later saw evidence of shilling on the sellers auctions. However, i just want to say that I have a few buyers who will only buy from me as they trust me. One lady has bought several of my items & has no other feedback so if she bids again then it would really look like shill bidding as her activity has been 100% with me. There are so few honest sellers on ebay at the minute that buyers are tending to return more & more to people that they can trust kwim?
this happens to me a lot too, I have several repeat customers

It's not always Shilling!