Removing Scratches from the Stainless Steel of your watch

WindyCityCoco

Charmed Life
O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
I found this information on a watch forum this week and I THRILLED to say that I tested it out and it worked!!!!!!!!

For minor scratches on your watch case and band. This only works on the mirrored surface- don't try on brushed SS or else it will turn it shiny!

Get some Cape Cod cloths ( available on Ebay and hardware stores) Cut a little 1/2 inch square and wrap around a Q tip- Gently, very gently polish the area that is scratched. then buff with a cloth and - walah!!!!

Does it harm a saphire glass display if I was too clumsy? Is that cloth actually abrasive or does it "fill" the scratches?

Sounds like a great tip though and I might just order that cloth

I would definitely stay away from the sapphire crystal. I read on the other forum that some folks covered their crystal with masking tape before buffing. I didn't do that, I was just SUPER careful. The cloth is a sort f like a micro buffing cloth used to polish sliver, but is has a light chemical on it.

Does it harm a saphire glass display if I was too clumsy? Is that cloth actually abrasive or does it "fill" the scratches?

Sounds like a great tip though and I might just order that cloth