To keep or not: Micro Nightingale

Catash

May 3, 2014
I got this from Bluefly as a Final Sale item. It was supposed to be a "Small" Nightingale, and the measurements on their Website were slightly off (one inch smaller). When I received it today I realized immediately that it is a Micro. I am of course not happy about it.

However, thinking more carefully, I don't actually have a bag of this size. I have been using Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC a lot for errands, but the bag is too small for everything I need to carry. I can imagine this Micro replaces the MAC and gets a lot of use, especially with a shoulder strap.

What do you guys think? Should I keep it or call Bluefly to argue for a return?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,743
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,484
I would def keep it. I am glad you posted modeling pics as I just ordered one in colbalt blue. I own the mini nightingale and it is smaller looking that what you are holding. The mini shagreen is 11 inches wide at the top zipper and 6 inches from top to bottom. It had no shoulder strap, just the double handles and mini hobo strap, lol. I have a thread in here with pics of her new.
Edited to add I love how much stuff these little bags can hold!

I measured it myself. The Micro is about 11.5" x 7" x 4" so it is slightly larger than a Mini Shagreen. Might be a good errand bag. I am still thinking. :smile:

How do you like the Mini?

I would def keep it. I am glad you posted modeling pics as I just ordered one in colbalt blue. I own the mini nightingale and it is smaller looking that what you are holding. The mini shagreen is 11 inches wide at the top zipper and 6 inches from top to bottom. It had no shoulder strap, just the double handles and mini hobo strap, lol. I have a thread in here with pics of her new.
Edited to add I love how much stuff these little bags can hold!

I got this from Bluefly as a Final Sale item. It was supposed to be a "Small" Nightingale, and the measurements on their Website were slightly off (one inch smaller). When I received it today I realized immediately that it is a Micro. I am of course not happy about it.

However, thinking more carefully, I don't actually have a bag of this size. I have been using Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC a lot for errands, but the bag is too small for everything I need to carry. I can imagine this Micro replaces the MAC and gets a lot of use, especially with a shoulder strap.

What do you guys think? Should I keep it or call Bluefly to argue for a return?
was it priced decently for a micro on sale/clearance?

if you can come around to the thought of enjoying it and avoiding the possible hassle of arguing for a return, it may make sense to keep it.

I like that you can wear it as as crossbody bag and a cute handbag.

Well, although it is final sale, it is only 20% off so not a great deal. I called Bluefly and the rep asked me to send pictures of the bag and the tag showing that it is a Micro. I agree that it is a cute bag, but it is pretty small. We will see if they allow a return. If not, I am fine with keeping it. I just have to get a "real" Small nightingale. I can't get that off my mind. :shame:

was it priced decently for a micro on sale/clearance?

if you can come around to the thought of enjoying it and avoiding the possible hassle of arguing for a return, it may make sense to keep it.

I like that you can wear it as as crossbody bag and a cute handbag.

Reading your post, I sense that you're not happy with it. Never comprise yourself of things that can make you happy or inspired. So you better return it than keep it and regret it later on.

Well, although it is final sale, it is only 20% off so not a great deal. I called Bluefly and the rep asked me to send pictures of the bag and the tag showing that it is a Micro. I agree that it is a cute bag, but it is pretty small. We will see if they allow a return. If not, I am fine with keeping it. I just have to get a "real" Small nightingale. I can't get that off my mind. :shame:

I think the size is OK. It actually holds a decent amount of stuff

BUT Bluefly shouldn't get away with selling you the wrong size! Seriously. It isn't the size you ordered!

They'd better take it back or you take it up with your credit card company. They have a lot of nerve with their "no return" policy when they have so many things listed with inaccurate information.

The bag looks cute on you but it will hold far less than a small. If you don't 100% want this size, you should return it. It is their mistake. Just look at other retailers' measurements of the bag and measure yours. Proof that it is a micro. Also, small gales don't come with the long strap for crossbody. The smalls come with the shorter strap for just shoulder wear. For the kind of money you spend on a bag like this, "ok" should not be acceptable.

Absolutely open a case with your credit card company. With the listing being inaccurate, you will get your money back.

Good luck.

Thanks everybody for the advice. Their price is not that great for a Micro, not even 20% off considering they may have jacked up the original price. I have found much better deals at Barney. Probably won't shop there again.

The bag looks cute on you but it will hold far less than a small. If you don't 100% want this size, you should return it. It is their mistake. Just look at other retailers' measurements of the bag and measure yours. Proof that it is a micro. Also, small gales don't come with the long strap for crossbody. The smalls come with the shorter strap for just shoulder wear. For the kind of money you spend on a bag like this, "ok" should not be acceptable.

Absolutely open a case with your credit card company. With the listing being inaccurate, you will get your money back.

Good luck.

I think the bag looks adorable on you and if you'll actually be able to get better use out of it than what you currently have, I would definitely say its a keeper!

I think you should return - unless I would get something at like 50-70% off retail, I would not settle for a mistake sent to me at 20% off retail. For the amount you are spending, get what you wanted.

Keep us posted!

Bluefly is quite ridiculous. No wonder their business is going downhill. I called the customer service. A rep told me to email them the photos which I did. Then I got an email saying that since it is a final sale, non-returnable item, I will have to submit photos which will be reviewed by their Escalations Department?! The person didn't even check the photos in the attachment!

All well, I can be a pest if I want to. Hopefully this can all be resolved next week (according to the rep)....:shucks:

I think the size is OK. It actually holds a decent amount of stuff

BUT Bluefly shouldn't get away with selling you the wrong size! Seriously. It isn't the size you ordered!

They'd better take it back or you take it up with your credit card company. They have a lot of nerve with their "no return" policy when they have so many things listed with inaccurate information.

Oh no! Sorry to hear of the fiasco and I hope it gets resolved soon. To answer your question I LOVE my mini and use it more than my bigger bags. I just bought a micro and am excited. IMO the mini holds a good amount - my bal pencil, car keys, lipstick, compact, galaxy note 2, sunglasses or leather gloves, as well as room for papers. The micro should allow me to fit a hat in there as well. Now I really can't wait to see what more can fit given a couple extra inches!

Bluefly is quite ridiculous. No wonder their business is going downhill. I called the customer service. A rep told me to email them the photos which I did. Then I got an email saying that since it is a final sale, non-returnable item, I will have to submit photos which will be reviewed by their Escalations Department?! The person didn't even check the photos in the attachment!

All well, I can be a pest if I want to. Hopefully this can all be resolved next week (according to the rep)....:shucks:

Grrrrr. That's terrible customer service. They'd better resolve it ASAP.