Michael Kors copied MBMJ Natasha?

Saw someone with this bag on the train yesterday and I think MK totally copied the Natasha bag.

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/MICHAE...Cat=cat000000cat8501cat8518&isEditorial=false

View attachment 2636225

No offense but what a hideous bag. 😞 I hate Michael Kors cuz nothing is original with them. Didn't they totally copied the "Classic Q" standard supply metal tag on their bags already?

Just saying.
Pretty funny this was the same reaction i had when i saw that purse. But mind you nothing beats MBMJ natasha for sure.

I love the Natasha bag. I have at least four that I can think of off the top of my head plus two PTTM Natasha bags. I will say that I think the MK version is more suitable for work, at least for me. The Natasha bags that I have are a bit too casual looking for my work wardrobe. The strap option and the tassel on the MK bag make it a better alternative if I want to wear it to work. It's less casual looking than Natasha. I prefer the Natasha bag, but if I want that style for work, I'd take the MK version. MK is not the first nor last designer to "borrow" designs from other designers. I feel that he tweaked this design (chain options, tassel) enough to make it a bit different. I rather wear his to work and the Natasha on casual Fridays or weekends.

I think the MK looks more like a Kate Spade Penny:
http://mybeautysample.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Kate-Spade-Cobble-Hill-Penny-Bag.jpg

(but no crossbody strap on the Penny)

Wow is this another Natasha inspired bag or what?

As a huge fan of the Natasha bag myself, I find the zipped flap design to be quite original and iconic and always thought it was Marc by Marc Jacobs that came up with the design. (Please correct me if this is not the case.)

Wish these bag makers can come up with something original instead of copying one another. :nogood:

Also, Botkier did the Jackie bag in 2009, I believe, with the zipper flap. Not sure when MbMJ stated making Natashas. I have two Natashas and the Jackie (no cross body strap, but it does have the tassel like the Kors one above).

Why is the Tom Ford model not wearing any clothes :confused1: Well the Natasha is a complete bargain by comparison.

I'm about to get my first Natasha, but not sure what colour to go for. I'm drawn to the red but think the cement or black may be a more sensible choice :thinking: