Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want Satellite Britt but I just got Sapphire Paige and another cross-body bag from different brand, so I really shouldn't buy anything. ;(
I love my Sapphire Paige! It's adorable with penguin charm and I like to use it with my neon pink Katherine, ring key chain and neon pink pouch from Large Metro Tote. It's so bright!! View attachment 2635295Oh well, I also want Sapphire Tribeca and Belle too. I'm in trouble. :smile:

How did I miss the neon pink key chain? When was this out? I'd love to get one to match with my neon pink Katherine wallet. Like the idea of using the pouch from the metro tote too. Can't use the Metros (don't do bags without a long enough shoulder strap stop) but maybe I can still trade out some of my detachable travel pouches to get some colors that I like to add variation. I have all black pouches, three sets. Great idea!

Thanks so much for your response! I also commute and would be using the bag exactly like you are to hold files, binders, etc. Still on the fence though, since I bought a Fiona during the Bloomingdale's Friends & Family sale that I haven't used yet. While it's a different shape, it would serve the same purpose as the Britt as a work bag.
oh, if I was a working woman I would stick with that Fiona. I think it is just gorgeous! pic when you use it please.

Hello everyone, this is a favorite thread! It's moving fast and soon reaches the maximum post limit of 10,000. As a moderator I'm thinking about the best time to move into a new thread. I think we could start a new thread as soon as possible and we don't have to close this thread right away (it needs to be closed if it goes over 10,000 posts).

Someone of you could start the new thread, you could choose the same title or add #2 at the end (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags #2).

I added links to first post in this thread (but we can add this later),
---------------------------
~ Links To Additional MZ Wallace Threads ~

- MZ Wallace style/size/color reference *PICS ONLY*

- Stores and online retailers that carry MZ Wallace Bags

- MZ Wallace Bags & Consignment Help

- Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags #1

Oooh, Mia in Smoke, eh? Very nice. Congrats! I actually have 7 MZW bags and 1 MZW accessory (pouch). I posted a pic of my MZW collection back in Post #3638 in this thread. I guess I'll need to update the family pic. I have a Mia in Steel Bedford and Love it! I also have a Black Moto Alice, Indigo Belle, Pebble Jane, Caramel Fleck small metro, Kingsport Grey Bea, and a Angus Pouch in Steel leather. I guess you can say I'm a little addicted. :P

Sounds like a great collection! Is your steel Mia the older version or the newer version?

Hello everyone, this is a favorite thread! It's moving fast and soon reaches the maximum post limit of 10,000. As a moderator I'm thinking about the best time to move into a new thread. I think we could start a new thread as soon as possible and we don't have to close this thread right away (it needs to be closed if it goes over 10,000 posts).

Someone of you could start the new thread, you could choose the same title or add #2 at the end (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags #2).

I added links to first post in this thread (but we can add this later),
~ Links To Additional MZ Wallace Threads ~

- MZ Wallace style/size/color reference *PICS ONLY*

- Stores and online retailers that carry MZ Wallace Bags

- MZ Wallace Bags & Consignment Help

- Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags #1

Thanks for the heads-up!

I've created a new thread "MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2). Could you please add in the links?

See you over there everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here are some additional pics of the Jane tote - I hope these are helpful, sorry I don't have another MZW for comparison purposes. It's such a pretty bag, hopefully these do it justice! The first picture is the bag without anything in it.

IMAG0266.png

The interior is really, really roomy - and light! I'm going off of memory here but I think it's pretty similar to Jane, in terms of weight.

IMAG0268.jpg

The iPad 2 (with a keyboard/cover) fits in a zippered compartment very nicely, with lots of room to spare. I wasn't able to get the iPad to fit through the opening horizontally. I can also fit my agenda in this compartment.

IMAG0270.jpg

The main compartment fits all sorts of goodies. Here I have a 1.5" binder, 13" laptop, a smaller textbook, and a notepad. The only downside is that the top won't clasp together when it is packed this full, but the bag held its shape nicely.

IMAG0264.jpg

1.5" binder in the main compartment standing vertically. Fits just fine, except the clasp (button? whatever, you know what I mean) won't shut, sadly only about half an inch taller would make it work.

IMAG0269.jpg

Side view of the tote filled with laptop, textbook, binder and notepad. I'm really surprised at how much it will hold, because when it is empty it really doesn't look huge at all!

IMAG0271.jpg

Let me know if there's an angle that would be helpful for you - this is my first MZW bag, so in that regard I am absolutely in love! The drop length of the handles is perfect - hugs the body, just like Jane. Having the top open may not work for me, but I am going to keep playing around with it.

is the jackie smaller than the britt/ I don't work so I don't need a professional looking bag, but I won the gunmetal, will hold onto it for now cause there are too many on the bay now.

I think I like that satellite too but this is also a bag I would love quilted framed with leather. who posted pics of one? or, now that I'm remembering, I think t was a black quilted Frida. so sharp looking. Might go for it if it was available in the black with silver hdw.

;) Took it on a cross country trip with three plane rides and locations. It functioned surprisingly well as a travel bag but after two weeks of carrying my (light) laptop I was REALLY missing Belle.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401545864.184538.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1401545883.086720.jpg

I really want Satellite Britt but I just got Sapphire Paige and another cross-body bag from different brand, so I really shouldn't buy anything. ;(
I love my Sapphire Paige! It's adorable with penguin charm and I like to use it with my neon pink Katherine, ring key chain and neon pink pouch from Large Metro Tote. It's so bright!! View attachment 2635295Oh well, I also want Sapphire Tribeca and Belle too. I'm in trouble. :smile:

I was super excited to see the penguin charm!! Love it!

Oooh, Mia in Smoke, eh? Very nice. Congrats! I actually have 7 MZW bags and 1 MZW accessory (pouch). I posted a pic of my MZW collection back in Post #3638 in this thread. I guess I'll need to update the family pic. I have a Mia in Steel Bedford and Love it! I also have a Black Moto Alice, Indigo Belle, Pebble Jane, Caramel Fleck small metro, Kingsport Grey Bea, and a Angus Pouch in Steel leather. I guess you can say I'm a little addicted. :P

Ooh, steel belle (***EDIT*** Mia, steel Mia) would also be of the older dimensions, right? It sounds amazing (I know I've seen your photo, I might be in a steel kick).

Last edited:
Anyone interested in the Jane tote, just a heads up - a 13" laptop (MacBook Pro, mid-2012 version, non-Retina display) will only fit in the center compartment, and only when laying horizontally. The openings for the two zipper compartments aren't wide enough for my laptop but it is close enough that I wonder if a MacBook Air might fit.

I attempted to attach a picture. Skeptical that it worked though.

She has a Jane Tote!
A little surprised it only fits horizontally but once I get over that I guess it makes sense (in that I understand what you are saying).
Horizontally is how a 13" fits into a Bianca, except that's not the shape of a Bianca.

Does a charger fit comfortably with it?

Thanks so much for your response! I also commute and would be using the bag exactly like you are to hold files, binders, etc. Still on the fence though, since I bought a Fiona during the Bloomingdale's Friends & Family sale that I haven't used yet. While it's a different shape, it would serve the same purpose as the Britt as a work bag.

Britt is sharp with office clothes and trench coats! But is versatile enough for more casual outfits. I wasn't a structured bag kind of person but I'm really glad I got Britt.

Ok, here are some additional pics of the Jane tote - I hope these are helpful, sorry I don't have another MZW for comparison purposes. It's such a pretty bag, hopefully these do it justice! The first picture is the bag without anything in it.

View attachment 2635796

The interior is really, really roomy - and light! I'm going off of memory here but I think it's pretty similar to Jane, in terms of weight.

View attachment 2635797

The iPad 2 (with a keyboard/cover) fits in a zippered compartment very nicely, with lots of room to spare. I wasn't able to get the iPad to fit through the opening horizontally. I can also fit my agenda in this compartment.

View attachment 2635794

The main compartment fits all sorts of goodies. Here I have a 1.5" binder, 13" laptop, a smaller textbook, and a notepad. The only downside is that the top won't clasp together when it is packed this full, but the bag held its shape nicely.

View attachment 2635793

1.5" binder in the main compartment standing vertically. Fits just fine, except the clasp (button? whatever, you know what I mean) won't shut, sadly only about half an inch taller would make it work.

View attachment 2635792

Side view of the tote filled with laptop, textbook, binder and notepad. I'm really surprised at how much it will hold, because when it is empty it really doesn't look huge at all!

View attachment 2635795

Let me know if there's an angle that would be helpful for you - this is my first MZW bag, so in that regard I am absolutely in love! The drop length of the handles is perfect - hugs the body, just like Jane. Having the top open may not work for me, but I am going to keep playing around with it.

Oh, I love this!!! Thank you for posting! Cannot wait for plum to be released...

Status
Not open for further replies.