Amethyst being discounted?

Hi,
I called my store yesterday to enquire for an amethyst big scales kelly double tour, when she replied they stopped doing amethyst and introduced a similar version of lighter purple.
Is this right? If so does anyone have pictures of the new purple shade?
I was also asking myself whether to get big or small scales, which one would you go with? And silver or golden hardware?

Thanks

I have no idea, but if true....this is VERY sad.

I saw UV gator in the cape code book they sent out a little while ago.... No idea if they are starting to make items other than straps in this color.

I'm on a ban.....so maybe someone else has better intel.

I don't think Amethyst is being discontinued. I know it's still being offered in wallets, bags.
New purple in gator other than Amethyst I think would be Ultraviolet, though I also have seen one in Prune shade.

Yes, that is Ultraviolet Bearn.
I don't have a picture of Prune Gator, but it has some raspberry undertone to it, almost Bordeaux-ish. But at a glance, they look similar.

Correction of the colour Prune-ish I mentioned. It was Cassis alligator. Quite delicious colour with the raspberry undertone. I'm sure if you google it you'll find some pictures. :smile:

Hmm interesting I love this color and very stupidly let go a matte croc but then again I'm no that into exotics but I found cassis really filled that void in fjord have not seen this lighter purple yet

Thank you so much to all! cr1stalangel I just saw cassis in crocodile, it is such a beautiful colour! But do you think its as beautiful as amethyst?

If money is no object, I would buy both Amethyst and Cassis gator for sure. :biggrin:
They are both beautiful in their own right. But I'm a bit biased, I love purple!
Sorry dear, not much help here. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose IMO.
GL!

Thanks, the only problem is I can't find any! I've called Fabourg St Honore, Sloane street even Madison in NY city! And none have it, do you know which store could be good for purple exotic double tours?

Thanks so much

Well, as anything with Hermes, if you're looking for something specific, patience have to be on hand at all times. Unfortunately I cannot suggest where is the best stores to find the purple gator KDT, it really boils down to luck and your persistence on finding it.
I'm still looking for white CDC after almost a year, so wishing you a lot of good luck! :smile: