What's the ULTIMATE CHOICE for JAW SURGERY?

alyalya

May 12, 2014
hello!
I've read a tons of forums, articles and bits bobs
the thing is I'm getting more and more confuse

here's my case.. I have a squarish jaw
I want to go for Jaw reduction. right now my choice is dr OZ, Banobagi and EverM (if I had a translator)

first thing my concern is someone replied to me that dr OZ is kinda blacklisted whilst dr OZ is the only one whose replied to my email. beside i heard nothing from Banobagi.

I want a suggestion on which clinic/ hospital should I opt for square jaw surgery?

I know there's a lot of forum who've been talking about this but I cant find to seem what's the best clinic

The term 'jaw surgery' is often used incorrectly by some plastic surgery clinics, to confuse patients - in my opinion. There are two kind of surgeries involving facial bones: Orthognathic Surgery and Facial Contouring.

Orthognathic surgery is a surgical operation that straightens the position of upper and lower jaw and changes occlusion, resulting in a harmonious facial line. It's a more fundamental surgery than facial contouring because it balances teeth, gum, and facial bone as a whole.

Facial contouring is a surgical operation that changes the exterior of facial bone with no effect on occlusion. It corrects the exterior parts of bones composing facial contour.

Square jaw reduction - in your case - is part of facial contouring. So there should be more available surgeons/clinics to choose from - as long as the surgeons have the experience and skill in craniofacial surgery. Note that not all plastic surgeons can do this safely and correctly.

On other side, orthognathic surgery requires a surgeon with dentistry knowledge. The more specific term is 'oral and maxillofacial surgery'. The real oral and maxillofacial surgeon must be a dentistry graduate, then he takes oral and maxillofacial specialization. So an oral and maxillofacial surgeon is NOT THE SAME as a common plastic surgeon - totally different. Be careful with surgeons or clinics that offer the so called 'two-jaw surgery' or 'maxillofacial surgery' without proper qualification in that field. Many botched 'jaw surgeries' done by these kind of surgeons/clinics. If you go to the real oral and maxillofacial surgeon, the risk of failure or complication will be minimal, for sure.

What is the best clinic/surgeon? Do your own research based on the surgeons' CV and experiences.

I also would like to do square jaw surgery and seems like EverM has a good reputation from reading post on the forum. Have you tried botox? I'm thinking of trying that out first to see if I can use that as a less invasive and safer alternative..

I also would like to do square jaw surgery and seems like EverM has a good reputation from reading post on the forum. Have you tried botox? I'm thinking of trying that out first to see if I can use that as a less invasive and safer alternative..
well... i have, it's my 4th times using botox. i get botox every 5-6 months
it works for me most of the time, but then i calculate 4 times botox is almost a bit the same for mandible surgery...and it only last for 2 years
so i think why dont i get the permanent ones? in my case mandible surgery

botox can be very addictive though and it works for me....but its only temporarily

i think about everM too though but as someone who's neither speak korean nor chinese i sort of have difficulties to go there unless i hire a translator. i've been searching banobagi and daprs though. will tell you the result later :smile:

Hi there,

I'm planning to do face contour because I've a short chin. Banobagi and Wonjin are on my list. I prefer to go a big hospital over clinic in term of professional. Has anyone got any consultation with them? Pls share. I have waited the response from Banobagi for a week. Huh!!

Hi there,

I'm planning to do face contour because I've a short chin. Banobagi and Wonjin are on my list. I prefer to go a big hospital over clinic in term of professional. Has anyone got any consultation with them? Pls share. I have waited the response from Banobagi for a week. Huh!!

Hi... i emailed banobagi along with my photos to get a facial contouring but i hear nothing from them til now. Been a month!

felix77 has explained about jaw surgery so well!
two jaw surgery is more serious and dangerous surgery than jaw reduction. If your case is required to get two jaw surgery, you have to find the plastic surgery clinic that operates with dental clinic.
If you want two jaw surgery, everM is famous( which is dental clinic, not sure they are specialized in plastic surgery tho).
and for facial contouring like jaw reduction TL PS is famous, and they have translators who speaks fluent english,(chinese too I think)

Yes! Forgot to mention felix77! Thanks :smile:

Anyway, i just wanna get a jaw reduction which is mandible surgery or facial contouring...what else do they call it again? Hehe.
I wanna done it at EverM or Daprs but EverM doesnt have in house translator :sad:

Wow... Really?
But the thing about EverM is they specialized in facial contouring and daprs is somewhat beyond my budget :sad:
Even if EverM specializes in facial contouring, I want have fat graft or maybe eyes, too. I want to do it at the same time. I heard that DAPRS and TLPS is also specialized in facial contouring.

Hi... i emailed banobagi along with my photos to get a facial contouring but i hear nothing from them til now. Been a month!

im also waiting for banobagi reply for quite some time already. Im looking at doing zygoma and mandible reduction, genioplasty. Ive shortlisted banobagi, DAPRS, JW, Wonjin, Dream and Euroclinic. Anyone here has jaw surgery done in any of the clinics? Which surgeon in good at jaw surgery?

TL is famous for facial contouring as many people know already,
and TL is quite good at face lifting too. I've been searching good clinic for face lift for my mom and TL PS has some exclusive technique that they have patent. I'm considering TL PS for my second facial contouring so It would be easy If my mom and me can do both at the same clinic, and maybe more discount!

Thanks for your info! ;)
Sure will check TL PS. If it suits my budget would look forward to consult with them.
I just want a facial contouring though, especially square jaw reduction.
Do you know how much it is in TLps?

Hi, im transexual and i am searching for surgeons to do my facial feminization surgery.

anyone knows a good surgeon for that?

Hi marenbraga, do you mean facial feminization is facial contouring?
If yes, then these clinics is specialized in facial contouring. Here's my list :
-EverM
-Daprs
-Banobagi
-TL Ps (still searching though)

Hope this help.
I also want to get my square reduction done and still searching on it

EverM doesn't have a translator which is why I think they're not very well known to international patients. They speak basic English. Enough so that you can kakoo them to ask about your procedure and the price, but that's probably it. :sad: