SOS!!! Battling with an aweful buyer on eBay!!!

Call ebay and have them read the messages. Point out the message where she stated that she's getting married on the 30th and your concern is that she'll wear them for her wedding then return them.

Request that ebay force the shipment to return prior to the 30th and if not shipped and postmarked, she should lose the case.

If necessary, keep calling until you can find a representative who will read the messages and understand that she's attempting to rent them.
eBay doesn't take phone calls anymore it seems:cry::cry::cry:

Ask her to take photos of her in the shoes ... so you can 'see the fit'.

Those photos will document what the shoes look like before the wedding - if she does 'rent' them, she may get scuffs or damage them with wear. How would she explain scuff marks that appear AFTER she sent photos to you of the fit of the shoe?

It maybe a long shot ... but if it can't be resolved before the wedding this may help to protect you.

It seems eBay no longer take calls. Everything has to be done via resolution center. I tried to escalate it today since it has been 3 days since the buyer had opened the case yet the button to escalate doesnt appear and I am soooo frustrated!!!
Although it may be the third day, you must wait until 72 hours have passed. You can't escalate until after 72 hours, 1 minute.

It has been over 72 hours since the Buyer had opened a case against me so I went into the "Resolution Center" and clicked on "See Case Detail" yet there is no option for me to escalate the case except for a button for me to write to the Buyer. Is this because it was not me who opened a case?

I thought I would be given a chance to escalate it to Customer Support after 72 hours.

UGH! I am torn now because I really do not want her to wear the shoes plus I think I sold them too cheaply, but I also don't want to be defeated!!!

This is awful. I'm so sorry HoT. You don't deserve this.

I'd give her two options: Keep the shoes and close the case or send them back in the next 48 hours for a refund. No other options.

This is awful. I'm so sorry HoT. You don't deserve this.

I'd give her two options: Keep the shoes and close the case or send them back in the next 48 hours for a refund. No other options.
Thank you Angel:smooch:
Apparently the Buyer is given 10 days to return postmarked that is.
She is going to wear them on the 30th and try to return them!!!

If eBay rules against me, this is bad news for all sellers.

I am going to go against most of everyone is saying here. I would not escalate the case. If you escalate it now, ebay will take at least 48 hours to make a decision (and probably even longer, since they are extremely overwhelmed with all the calls that are coming in due to the data breach). It is most likely, that ebay will decide in the buyer's favor and ask her to return the shoes. After that, the buyer will be given 10 days to upload the tracking into the case. All of that will put you well beyond the 30th. So, the buyer can wear the shoes for the even and send it back when she is done.
I would just ask her (politely and professionally) to return the shoes for the refund and give her two business days to ship it. It does not mean that she will comply, but it is worth a try.

I am going to go against most of everyone is saying here. I would not escalate the case. If you escalate it now, ebay will take at least 48 hours to make a decision (and probably even longer, since they are extremely overwhelmed with all the calls that are coming in due to the data breach). It is most likely, that ebay will decide in the buyer's favor and ask her to return the shoes. After that, the buyer will be given 10 days to upload the tracking into the case. All of that will put you well beyond the 30th. So, the buyer can wear the shoes for the even and send it back when she is done.
I would just ask her (politely and professionally) to return the shoes for the refund and give her two business days to ship it. It does not mean that she will comply, but it is worth a try.
She is being vindictive so I doubt she will ship immediately but thank you for the advice.
I am so torn right now.

Can you imagine if all sellers had to accept returns just because a buyer said it doesnt fit her feet?
All buyers will wear them to a special event and start returning them.

eBay doesn't take phone calls anymore it seems:cry::cry::cry:

They're not taking phone-calls at the moment because of the "change your password" hack - they're too busy dealing with all such calls to deal with anything else!

I've just tried to email them regarding a "cancel transaction" case they closed themselves within a second of opening it (I would have agreed to it anyway but would have been nice to have had the choice, especially as seller hadn't processed the refund at that point!) But access to contact them by email is blocked too.

It has been over 72 hours since the Buyer had opened a case against me so I went into the "Resolution Center" and clicked on "See Case Detail" yet there is no option for me to escalate the case except for a button for me to write to the Buyer. Is this because it was not me who opened a case?

I thought I would be given a chance to escalate it to Customer Support after 72 hours.

The policy for escalation says "3 business days" on the COM site - I don't know what ebay classes as a business day though but seems strange wording so they must be excluding some days?

UK policy is "8 days" before escalation.

ETA: just found this on a different COM policy:
"*Business days are weekdays—Monday through Friday. Saturdays, Sundays, and major US holidays aren't business days."

The policy for escalation says "3 business days" on the COM site - I don't know what ebay classes as a business day though but seems strange wording so they must be excluding some days?

UK policy is "8 days" before escalation.

ETA: just found this on a different COM policy:
"*Business days are weekdays—Monday through Friday. Saturdays, Sundays, and major US holidays aren't business days."
I guess I have to include Monday since it was Memorial Day... More time I have to wait UGH!!!

They're not taking phone-calls at the moment because of the "change your password" hack - they're too busy dealing with all such calls to deal with anything else!

I've just tried to email them regarding a "cancel transaction" case they closed themselves within a second of opening it (I would have agreed to it anyway but would have been nice to have had the choice, especially as seller hadn't processed the refund at that point!) But access to contact them by email is blocked too.
I didnt know that although I did change my password. Oh my!
What about paypal? Hope that is safe!