Omg !

Nov 15, 2012
I have either done the craziest or best thing ever,I hope its the latter . . . .

I have bought a bag !!!! A Dark Knight/Night (which is correct?!) City, from ebay, I am still awaiting authentification (I KNOW.....hope I don't end up with egg on my face) but I liked her feedback profile and what and how she sells and have a v good feeling and couldn't pass up this colour, so WENT FOR IT and paid with PayPal in case of dispute . . . .omg omg omg omg..........I feel a bit sick .. . . .!

Last edited:
Just had a quick look at the listing and it looks good though it would be nice with some pics of bales and rivets.

Dark Knight is a gorgeous colour, I'm sure you'll love it.
Congrats on your bag and do post pics when you get it :flowers:

Just had a quick look at the listing and it looks good though it would be nice with some pics of bales and rivets.

Dark Knight is a gorgeous colour, I'm sure you'll love it.
Congrats on your bag and do post pics when you get it :flowers:
That makes me feel slightly better. I have never spent so much money on something like this, it feels weird . . .

That makes me feel slightly better. I have never spent so much money on something like this, it feels weird . . .

Haha, I remember when I bought my first expensive bag. It felt surreal to spend that kind of money on a bag for some reason. I kept thinking I was going crazy and I think I also felt a bit guilty. Once I got the bag though there was no regrets.
So enjoy it. I hope you receive it fast. The waiting is tough :drinkup:

Haha, I remember when I bought my first expensive bag. It felt surreal to spend that kind of money on a bag for some reason. I kept thinking I was going crazy and I think I also felt a bit guilty. Once I got the bag though there was no regrets.
So enjoy it. I hope you receive it fast. The waiting is tough :drinkup:
The seller is sending it express tomorrow so I should get it Weds. I have a mixture of excitement and panic and guilt . .

I pulled out of the sale :sad: I just felt too guilty, and luckily for me the seller was very understanding and refunded me immediately. Im truly gutted as will not have this chance again, but have come to the decision, that while my children are young, they have to come first. So no Bal bag for me, not now, maybe not ever but I feel I have done the right thing. I'm walking away sadly from this, I feel very foolish :sad:

I pulled out of the sale :sad: I just felt too guilty, and luckily for me the seller was very understanding and refunded me immediately. Im truly gutted as will not have this chance again, but have come to the decision, that while my children are young, they have to come first. So no Bal bag for me, not now, maybe not ever but I feel I have done the right thing. I'm walking away sadly from this, I feel very foolish :sad:

No, don't feel foolish :hugs: I do agree that your kids should always come first (this is something I am passionate about, actually) - BUT I also believe that mothers should reward themselves from time to time. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

That being said though, if you are this torn about it, it might be prudent for you to wait it out until you are absolutely comfortable with your purchase. DH and I got married young and to prove ourselves to our parents and to everyone else, we worked hard on getting academic scholarships to complete our college education. We later on worked hard on climbing the corporate ladder. Earlier on in our careers, and of course while on scholarship in college, I did not feel comfortable with luxury purchases at all, and in fact those were the things farthest from my mind. Once we reached executive level though, I felt very comfortable with my luxury purchases and that's when my handbag "addiction" began.

Every story will be different, and you will be the one to judge when you will be comfortable with it, and/or when the time is right. Good luck to you! :hugs:

Oh, just saw this! ^ So the bag hunt is officially over? Sending you some hugs.

Oh, just saw this! ^ So the bag hunt is officially over? Sending you some hugs.

No rainneday, I don't think over, I just think a more reduced budget, a review of what bag I might get for that . . . .a sad day really as boy did I love that bag and it'll always be the one that got away ! I think telling my friend how much I had spent, and her reaction was a deal breaker, I felt so much guilt spending so much on a handbag and felt sick when the realisation of how much it really was hit home, in relation to my day to day living as it were.

So, I am going to hang on to my funds, gather my thoughts, rethink a budget and keep looking and hoping. I will never be happy till I get my bag . . . X

(I cant get the Dark Night out of my head though . . .. aagghhh :sad: . . .)

Last edited:
No rainneday, I don't think over, I just think a more reduced budget, a review of what bag I might get for that . . . .a sad day really as boy did I love that bag and it'll always be the one that got away ! I think telling my friend how much I had spent, and her reaction was a deal breaker, I felt so much guilt spending so much on a handbag and felt sick when the realisation of how much it really was hit home, in relation to my day to day living as it were.

So, I am going to hang on to my funds, gather my thoughts, rethink a budget and keep looking and hoping. I will never be happy till I get my bag . . . X

(I cant get the Dark Night out of my head though . . .. aagghhh :sad: . . .)

I don't know if you saw my other post in this thread, but this kind of reinforces what I said there. If you are feeling so much guilt and you are that torn about it, then yes, you need to regroup/rethink your budget and decision as far as the bag goes. You have to be comfortable with it so you can be truly happy with the decision to buy the bag. I'm not necessarily saying don't buy a bag - just make sure it's the right time, and in the right price range for you. Buying and owning that HG bag should not cause you so much grief.

Good luck.

I don't know if you saw my other post in this thread, but this kind of reinforces what I said there. If you are feeling so much guilt and you are that torn about it, then yes, you need to regroup/rethink your budget and decision as far as the bag goes. You have to be comfortable with it so you can be truly happy with the decision to buy the bag. I'm not necessarily saying don't buy a bag - just make sure it's the right time, and in the right price range for you. Buying and owning that HG bag should not cause you so much grief.

Good luck.

I did Maice,I felt so panicked by the amount I didn't even want to see the bag. Now I'm stalking it again on ebay and feeling llike crying because I adore it. I think I have issues ;) xxxx

I did Maice,I felt so panicked by the amount I didn't even want to see the bag. Now I'm stalking it again on ebay and feeling llike crying because I adore it. I think I have issues ;) xxxx

Don't we all? :lol:

You're in the right place then... we're all here to help each other out. ;) Just keep posting your thoughts, questions, etc - people are always happy to help and share their opinions, thoughts, knowledge.

Good luck!

Ugh I had a negative reaction about one of my Louis Vuitton bags recently. The lady's husband is a retired military officer so he makes $50,000 plus free medical just for waking up (My children's father is also a retired military officer so I know how much they/we make), plus he has a new job where he makes $100k/year and she makes $100k per year. She has all kinds of expensive jewelry and goes on fancy vacations every year. And she had the nerve to act shocked that I own an LV!!! Don't tell your friends how much your bags cost. Guaranteed most people spend money on their hobbies and vices - be it vacations, dining out, alcohol, going to clubs, cars, clothing, gambling, smoking, boating, etc. I do none of these. I homecook all our meals and don't buy soda or any drinks other than milk. I usually shop for clothing at thrift stores or off-brand outlets. I make sure my children have everything they could possibly need - they have never had to do without the best medical care and education, even though I have been a single mom for years.

Last edited:
Ugh I had a negative reaction about one of my Louis Vuitton bags recently. The lady's husband is a retired military officer so he makes $50,000 plus free medical just for waking up (My children's father is also a retired military officer so I know how much they/we make), plus he has a new job where he makes $100k/year and she makes $100k per year. She has all kinds of expensive jewelry and goes on fancy vacations every year. And she had the nerve to act shocked that I own an LV!!! Don't tell your friends how much your bags cost. Guaranteed most people spend money on their hobbies and vices - be it vacations, going to clubs, cars, clothing, gambling, etc.

You're right, my friend is a fellow handbag addict, but like me, not entered into the designer market yet. She made me feel I had made the wrong choice as far as my kids were concerned, and it struck a big old nerve and I bottled it completely. I DO have the funds for this bag, from an unexpected windfall, an overpayment I have been unwittingly making to a utilities company for the last year. So, a savings fund, a bonus. Rather than fritter it away on mundane stuff, I wanted some of it for an amazing bag. I thought I could deal with that. But once I purchased the bag, I felt incredibly guilty. Such a sad day for me :sad:
I had convinced myself that as it was an unexpected bonus, and MY money, spending it frivolously would be ok, because I hadn't know I had it, and manage day to day without it. For once I didn't want to spend money on groceries, and school shoes blah blah, I wanted a once in a lifetime amazing bag. :sad:

Last edited: