SOS!!! Battling with an aweful buyer on eBay!!!

HelenOfTroy45

Jun 20, 2011
I listed my Helmour silver mini glitter 100 on eBay and a this buyer started contacting me mid May (let me call her "T" for now) asking for advice on sizing. She also asked to make sure she gets the shoes before 30th since it was her wedding. Our exchange went on for over a dozen times where I explained I am a US6.5 and the shoes are a 36.5 as listed. I also explained it gives me a slight heel slippage. I also gave her all my sizing info for all kinds of CLs I own.

I get a mail from her on the 13th saying she received them, but since there was only one red dust bag in the box, she doubts that my shoes were authentic. I said I would gladly post her another dust bag and have given her the link to our authentication thread, another contact for an authenticator and all my SAs info at Horatio, Madison, Chicago and Miami.
I had no worries because I know all my shoes are authentic although I was offended.

She then contacts me again on the 22nd well after a week receiving my shoes saying they do not fit her and then appealed to eBay saying the "item does not match the description" because the shoe size is off. She said, in our email exchange, that I said it would fit her, but I looked through all of our exchanges in chronological order and I never said so. All I said was it MIGHT fit her since the 36.5 gives me heel slippage and she is a size 7.

She is also claiming to eBay that I threw a fit when she mentioned about having only one dust bag when all I did say was I was happy to post one to her immediately.

I just find it odd that she is complaining about the shoes not fitting her well after a week of receiving them when she was fretting over being able to get her hands on before her wedding on the 30th. When I mentioned it, she said she could not find the time to try them on because her "boyfriend" was in the hospital. WAIT!!! IF SHE IS GETTING MARRIED ON THE 30TH, WOULDNT SHE BE CALLING HIM HER FIANCE???

I gave her so much information on sizing and she was the one who pulled the trigger. Therefore, I see that it is her full responsibility when it comes to sizing. I also gave her a massive discount for her wedding congratulating her where she never once said thank you.

My question is, does eBay rule that the shoes do "NOT MATCH THE DESCRIPTION" when a buyer ends up saying the shoes do not fit? In my listing, no returns accepted btw.
If eBay rules against me over sizing, how are we all to sell our shoes is beyond me.

If any of you ladies have any information, please kindly give me advice.
Thank you so much!!!

XOXO!!!

If you said the shoes are a size 36.5 and they are a 36.5 then they 100% match the description. You are not responsible for the sizing. That would be like me buying the shoes (when I am a size 35) and them claiming they don't fit me - it's ridiculous.

If you said the shoes are a size 36.5 and they are a 36.5 then they 100% match the description. You are not responsible for the sizing. That would be like me buying the shoes (when I am a size 35) and them claiming they don't fit me - it's ridiculous.

Agreed. And I would definitely not send a second dust bag if it was not mentioned in the auction that the buyer gets two dust bags.

I think your buyer just wants more discount. Unfortunately there are people when you are nice to them they just want more and more.

Dear ellegreene and Dorudon

Thank you so much for your support.
I had customer support saying "I feel your pain having to get your shoes returned and refund the customer" etc etc so I was like "what are you talking about???

I have bought shoes on eBay where the size was not a perfect fit, but I swallowed it because the size was indeed the size on the listing and I took it upon myself to be my OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

I asked the buyer to not to wear the shoes till the case is resolved since it would devalue the pair and if she does so, I will know immediately since I have photos which were listed to prove it. She then became abusive and said "how dare you threaten me! Who the hell do you think you are?"

I agree with you both. I am thinking she probably wants to wear the shoes on her wedding on the 30th and then be able to return them. I already gave her a major discount and this is more than upsetting.

Once again, thank you so much for your moral support:hugs::heart::hugs:

If eBay rules against me, that means no seller could feel safe selling CLs on the site because we have to always worry buyers coming back saying "Oh the shoes did not fit". That would be outrageous!!!

Dear ellegreene and Dorudon

Thank you so much for your support.
I had customer support saying "I feel your pain having to get your shoes returned and refund the customer" etc etc so I was like "what are you talking about???

I have bought shoes on eBay where the size was not a perfect fit, but I swallowed it because the size was indeed the size on the listing and I took it upon myself to be my OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

I asked the buyer to not to wear the shoes till the case is resolved since it would devalue the pair and if she does so, I will know immediately since I have photos which were listed to prove it. She then became abusive and said "how dare you threaten me! Who the hell do you think you are?"

I agree with you both. I am thinking she probably wants to wear the shoes on her wedding on the 30th and then be able to return them. I already gave her a major discount and this is more than upsetting.

Once again, thank you so much for your moral support:hugs::heart::hugs:

Your buyer sounds like a nightmare!

I agree that she wants to have a beautiful pair of shoes to wear to an event (she probably lied about it being her wedding anyway) without having to actually buy them. I wonder if you can accept the return but only under the condition that the return be postmarked by 5/27 AND the shoes in the exact condition that you sent them.

Of course I would fully expect her to come up with some lame excuse about how it would be impossible for her to get to the PO before her wedding, blah, blah blah.

Your buyer sounds like a nightmare!

I agree that she wants to have a beautiful pair of shoes to wear to an event (she probably lied about it being her wedding anyway) without having to actually buy them. I wonder if you can accept the return but only under the condition that the return be postmarked by 5/27 AND the shoes in the exact condition that you sent them.

Of course I would fully expect her to come up with some lame excuse about how it would be impossible for her to get to the PO before her wedding, blah, blah blah.
Would you rather get the shoes back then?
I do not mind either way, but it is a matter of principle for me.
Yes maybe I am being stubborn UGH!

She wore them for what she needed them for. She would have tried on the shoes before complaining about the dust bag. JMHO.
Our dispute is not going to be over before 30th I believe so I bet she will wear them.
I am a US6.5 and I get slight heel slippage since there is a slight gap worth a half size and she says she is a US7. There is no way it would not fit her. I want to fly all the way over to Illinois just to B&%$ SLAP her!!!!

Would you rather get the shoes back then?
I do not mind either way, but it is a matter of principle for me.
Yes maybe I am being stubborn UGH!

I would try to avoid that. Deal is deal and who knows what shoes she will send back and in what condition. I did read terrible things like buying a real Louboutin and sending back a cheap fake.
Or maybe the package will never arrive… who knows?

Unfortunately (in cases like this) Ebay has become very "buyer friendly".

Hope she didn't pay with Pay Pal. Pay Pal seems to send back money to the buyer and leaves you with (worst case) nothing.There are lots of complains lately that this so called "seller protection" does not exist.

Anyway lets hope for the best that you will keep your money. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :tup:

If eBay rules against me, that means no seller could feel safe selling CLs on the site because we have to always worry buyers coming back saying "Oh the shoes did not fit". That would be outrageous!!!

Even if eBay rules against you if you receive the shoes back and they have obvious wear or the buyer has damaged them on purpose (because she sounds like a nasty person) you can appeal the decision and provide pictures of the damage.

I would try to avoid that. Deal is deal and who knows what shoes she will send back and in what condition. I did read terrible things like buying a real Louboutin and sending back a cheap fake.
Or maybe the package will never arrive… who knows?

Unfortunately (in cases like this) Ebay has become very "buyer friendly".

Hope she didn't pay with Pay Pal. Pay Pal seems to send back money to the buyer and leaves you with (worst case) nothing.There are lots of complains lately that this so called "seller protection" does not exist.

Anyway lets hope for the best that you will keep your money. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :tup:
OH NO!!! She did pay with PayPal. Yes eBay seems to side with the buyer more. They are morons. If they dont protect sellers, there will be no merchandise anymore. If they rule against me, that would just go to show that its impossible for us to sell shoes anymore. Over sizing? Give me a break. There is a reason why I sell them on eBay although I have to take a hit on prices. They get them cheaply then they shouldnt complain especially if they have been given extensive sizing advice. I think it should be SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Even if eBay rules against you if you receive the shoes back and they have obvious wear or the buyer has damaged them on purpose (because she sounds like a nasty person) you can appeal the decision and provide pictures of the damage.
I hope eBay would protect me because as you say, she is being nasty so I would not be surprised.

I'd call this buyer's bluff... ask her to send the shoes back PRONTO..

The dustbag & the fit is nonsense.. she's up to something

You don't have to put up with this... And if she does wear them, its
going to be that more unpleasant dealing with her, pp & ebay, IMO

I'd call this buyer's bluff... ask her to send the shoes back PRONTO..

The dustbag & the fit is nonsense.. she's up to something

You don't have to put up with this... And if she does wear them, its
going to be that more unpleasant dealing with her, pp & ebay, IMO
UGH! I am torn now because I really do not want her to wear the shoes plus I think I sold them too cheaply, but I also don't want to be defeated!!!