Sf shoes to break in

lkweh

O.G.
Mar 14, 2012
Does anyone have any tips to break into the SF shoes? I have a few Vara and Varina, but they are not too comfy. They hurt my feet and caused some irritations in the skin. How long did it take for yours to get comfy?

Probably. As it is all calf leather, it will stretch to conform with your footshape. I noticed that each pair is slightly different, due to being handmade, and a pair in blue that pinched was fine in black!

Does anyone have any tips to break into the SF shoes? I have a few Vara and Varina, but they are not too comfy. They hurt my feet and caused some irritations in the skin. How long did it take for yours to get comfy?

It took awhile to get comfy. I sent them to the shop to do minor expansion and no issues after that. HTH

It took awhile to get comfy. I sent them to the shop to do minor expansion and no issues after that. HTH
If you are going to do it naturally. Wear thick socks, put the shoes on when you are at home and don't have to walk much. Will probably take a few days, or you can use hair dryer to blow the shoes while wearing them with socks, takes like 5 mins. Just make sure don't over heat and use leather conditioner afterwards.

Last edited:
If you are going to do it naturally. Wear thick socks, put the shoes on when you are at home and don't have to walk much. Will probably take a few days, or you can use hair dryer to blow the shoes while wearing them with socks, takes like 5 mins. Just make sure don't over heat and use leather conditioner afterwards.
+1, I've done this and it does miracles for all of my uncomfy shoes.

This! lkweh, I have used cilantropig's method and it works! Well, except no blow dryer for patent leather...at least for me.

Has anyone tried this for patent leather? I purchased 2 Vara's in patent; one fits like a glove while the other is tight on the toe box.
I didn't need to do this with patent Varinas but with other patent shoes and it worked well. You just don't want to hold the blow dryer on too long.

If you are going to do it naturally. Wear thick socks, put the shoes on when you are at home and don't have to walk much.

This worked perfectly for me with my varinas. I only walked around in my house with socks on for about 1 hr and it loosen them up nicely. I put on regular socks, not the thick sports socks you wear with sneakers.

Thanks for the tip. I decided to pull the sock on only 1/2 way over my toes up to the arch, so that my heel is not covered - worried that it would stretch lengthways as well! Working well.