French or Continental?

May 29, 2011
I'm on the hunt for a new purse, currently using a plum Lizzie Continental and love it. Fancy a bit of a change as don't want my Lizzie to get too knackered!

I like the continental style but kind of fancy the French style too...

Any opinions on either? Pros and cons welcome:biggrin:

I'm on the hunt for a new purse, currently using a plum Lizzie Continental and love it. Fancy a bit of a change as don't want my Lizzie to get too knackered!

I like the continental style but kind of fancy the French style too...

Any opinions on either? Pros and cons welcome:biggrin:

Never had a Continental so cant compare. But I love the French. Roomy and with lots of different compartments. Good size for all types of bags.

I have a silky snake French purse and love it. It's really roomy, I've always been able to fit everything in it, but it's smallest enough to fit into small bags. I think it even fits well in my Lily's .

I love my continental - perfect size for daily use - and have an ID purse for travelling.

Love the look of the French purse, but don't think it would work for me as an everyday purse...

I dont do large purses so have never been tempted by the continental

I have several french styles - they are perfect - fit notes beautifully, easy to get in and out of, and so much space for coins and cards - nothing to not love about them at all really! :yes:

I have both sizes and prefer and use the continental more, I use
The French one when I'm going out and only need one or two bank cards and a bit of cash.

I agree with this, I have both and tend to use my french with my lillys and sml alexa and the continental with bigger bags - so I would say go for french then you will have both options!

I use my daria French purse every day and love it. I thought I would purchase a continental but never got round to it.
When I need a smaller wallet I use my effie coin purse.

I dont do large purses so have never been tempted by the continental

:yes:

I was the same until my other half bought me a Continental. I love it and it still looks new even though it kicks about at the bottom of my bag.

Me too, and I like the little tree rather than the plaque on the front. Bit more subtle.

Just need to find somewhere with a discount now, refuse to pay full price!

I really like the tree on the purse. As you say, it's more subtle and classy. Let me know if you find one in a sale! :smile: