Debout - 100 or 120?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies, I'm trying to decide between the Debouts in 100 and 120 heels. All my CLs are 120s so I am used to wearing this heel but I usually only wear them for nights out to restaurants or when going for a quiet drink, not dancing or anything!

Another issue I've heard of is that your toes can look really squashed in them which can be seen through the PVC sides. Not an attractive look. Would the 100 heel eliminate this because the pitch is less steep? Does anyone own this shoe who can comment. I think it's an amazing spring season shoe for when you want something less heavy looking but you don't want to wear sandals.

I've attached a pic of Eva wearing the 120.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,404
Reactions: XAQUI
Please could anyone help with this? Particularly anyone who owns these shoes. Thanks.
I ALWAYS go for the 120's I tried on a pair of my girlfriends Debouts with a 120 heel and my toes did not look too squished, just beautifully tapered. Definitely go with the 120 dear.

BTW - A little more practice and you could wear your 120's the same as the 100's. I felt they were too high too until I started wearing them to work for awhile. Now the 100's look like flats to me - lol.

I ALWAYS go for the 120's I tried on a pair of my girlfriends Debouts with a 120 heel and my toes did not look too squished, just beautifully tapered. Definitely go with the 120 dear.

BTW - A little more practice and you could wear your 120's the same as the 100's. I felt they were too high too until I started wearing them to work for awhile. Now the 100's look like flats to me - lol.
I have 2 pairs of the debout 100mm and I wear them to work. My toes were squished at first, well the right ones were (my left foot is smaller than my right, weird i no, yes) but after wearing a few times my toes dont feel squashed at all.

Hope this helps

I have 2 pairs of the debout 100mm and I wear them to work. My toes were squished at first, well the right ones were (my left foot is smaller than my right, weird i no, yes) but after wearing a few times my toes dont feel squashed at all.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your reply. So the PVC does stretch a bit? I'm more concerned with how my toes look in them rather than how they feel! Do yours look squashed? Also, are you TTS in this style?

I have the 100s and I mostly wear them during the day....they're really comfortable. I sized a half size up because I didn't like the toe squish look either. I haven't noticed any stretch in the PVC.

I have the 100s and I mostly wear them during the day....they're really comfortable. I sized a half size up because I didn't like the toe squish look either. I haven't noticed any stretch in the PVC.

I'm still debating between the heel heights. I have two pairs of Pigalles in 120 which is a similar style. I don't think I could size up in these as I have such narrow heels I just know I would get slippage.

For me they were TTS and my toes dont look squished at all. I have them in version black and version riveria in 37.5 and for some odd reason the version riveria are bigger but the black are more snug.

I'm still debating between the heel heights. I have two pairs of Pigalles in 120 which is a similar style. I don't think I could size up in these as I have such narrow heels I just know I would get slippage.
If you think you'll have heel slippage, definitely get your size in that case because there's no way to put a heel slip guard due to the PVC. If you're comfortable in a 120 then go for the 120...you'll probably love them either way.

If you think you'll have heel slippage, definitely get your size in that case because there's no way to put a heel slip guard due to the PVC. If you're comfortable in a 120 then go for the 120...you'll probably love them either way.

Yes, I normally do prefer the appearance of higher heels but I almost bought a Gianvito Rossi pair that are really similar to these CLs and they are a 100 heel and I loved those. I like the way these look on VB. I know the ones in the image on the right are 100s but a lovely TPFer said the actual ones VB is wearing are the 100s as well, as I found it difficult to tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,341
IMO choose the 120 since you are used to wearing heels of that nature. Visit the Boutique and try on both sizes and I think you will prefer the higher heels. Don't have this style but love them. Good luck in your decision and show us some pictures with your so fab Debouts.

IMO choose the 120 since you are used to wearing heels of that nature. Visit the Boutique and try on both sizes and I think you will prefer the higher heels. Don't have this style but love them. Good luck in your decision and show us some pictures with your so fab Debouts.

Unfortunately, my nearest boutique stocks only the 120 and not the all-black but the black/white. I'm actually considering the black/white now but I originally wanted the all black but they're quite hard to get hold of.