Body Makeup

Dec 14, 2006
I always seem to get at least 5 ingrown hairs everytime i shave my legs, no matter what I do. I'm medium toned, so those ingrown hairs leave gross looking dark spots that take forever to go away. I love to wear skirts but I feel like people can see my dark spots.

I've noticed several companies sell body makeup... does anyone here use it, or is it more for photoshoots?? I've tried the sally hansen airbrush legs, but it looks really gross and fake. Also, how do I find my shade? Will the lady at the MAC counter think I'm nuts if I tell her to find a shade that matches my leg? I'd appreciate any advice because I find myself looking at other girls' nice legs and getting jealous :sad:

Wish I could help but haven't tried this kinda makeup just yet... Let's hear from all the other lovely ladies!

Might be of help for me too. I have some scars in my knees from all the failed in-line skating as a child.

MAC do a liquid body foundation in all the usual foundation shades, so if you use a MAC foundation already I'd just go with the shade that you are when purchasing it, and as it's a liquid I'm sure the coverage is pretty versitile (can be built up or just give a light coverage).

It's just called 'Face and Body foundation. Heres the synopsis from the site:

"A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend formula. Available in a wide range of colours. Contains several emollients to help moisturise and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."
120 ml 4.0 fl oz
£23.00 Price per 10 ml: £1.92

Hope that helped!

makeupforever also makes a face and body foundation too...
its pretty amazing and will give your legs a flawless finish that will hid the dark spots. head into sephora to give it a try!

Before you spend a ton of money on Body Makeup, which I ONLY wear when I'm onstage (I'm an actor/musician), there's a product you need to know about. It's called Hibiclens and you used to only be able to get it by perscription, but I saw it today at Walgreens OTC.

I had a staff infection (the life threatening kind) a few years ago in my left leg, which had been contracted when I knicked my leg shaving that morning and then went to the nursing home to see my grandmother (before she passed away). Because the infection was so fierce I got ingrown hairs on my leg. My doctor perscribed Hibiclens. It smells kinda yucky, but not horrible, it smells really really clean, and might stain the bottom of your tub if you don't rinse it out, but it will take care of the ingrown hairs and will leave your legs really smooth, even if you don't shave for a few days. It comes in a, what I call "Hospital Green" bottle with a white cap on it.

You just squirt a little on a washcloth or in your hand and scrub the area with it and it will take care of it. (It also works on acne too.)

If you can find it...GO FOR IT!!! I PROMISE it will help.