Seller sold bag I bought to someone else

hipchick66

O.G.
Jan 21, 2008
I purchased a bag from a seller on Bonanza on Saturday. Since it was an expensive purchase, and I hadn't heard anything, I sent her a friendly message on Sunday saying how excited I was to get the bag and could she please give me an idea of how/when she was shipping so I could plan to be home. No response, and I started to get that bad feeling.

Did some investigating and found she had sold the exact bag in April on Ebay! Same description, same pics, same receipts. And the buyer received the bag and left positive feedback.

So I messaged her on Bonanza and Ebay, saying I understand mistakes happen but please correct this and refund my money. No response. I emailed her, again, being nice but asking for this to be corrected. No response. So I opened a dispute on Paypal.

I contacted Bonanza even though it was too early for a claim and told them what happened. Their rep was nice and said she'd make a note of it for now.

Still no response from seller and I can't escalate to a claim until 5/24. So now I'm out quite a lot of money and no chance of getting a bag that now belongs to someone else!

Please assure me that Paypal has to find in my favor and refund my money!!

I purchased a bag from a seller on Bonanza on Saturday. Since it was an expensive purchase, and I hadn't heard anything, I sent her a friendly message on Sunday saying how excited I was to get the bag and could she please give me an idea of how/when she was shipping so I could plan to be home. No response, and I started to get that bad feeling.

Did some investigating and found she had sold the exact bag in April on Ebay! Same description, same pics, same receipts. And the buyer received the bag and left positive feedback.

So I messaged her on Bonanza and Ebay, saying I understand mistakes happen but please correct this and refund my money. No response. I emailed her, again, being nice but asking for this to be corrected. No response. So I opened a dispute on Paypal.

I contacted Bonanza even though it was too early for a claim and told them what happened. Their rep was nice and said she'd make a note of it for now.

Still no response from seller and I can't escalate to a claim until 5/24. So now I'm out quite a lot of money and no chance of getting a bag that now belongs to someone else!

That's scary!
Did the seller have positive FB on Ebay and/or Bonanza?

Many sellers are off on weekends & don't look or respond to emails
until maybe Monday or Tuesday due to a backlog, etc

Why don't you give your seller the benefit here... Maybe she did ship &
will send you shipping info

Is it possible that she is selling the bag on behalf of the other buyer?

Just sit tight til the 24th.. You can't do much before then..

What kind of feedback does this seller have? See any signs of her doing
this before?

How did you fund this purchase? With a credit card?

You can certainly file an INR with pp if you don't get your bag by the 24th

Many sellers are off on weekends & don't look or respond to emails
until maybe Monday or Tuesday due to a backlog, etc

Why don't you give your seller the benefit here... Maybe she did ship &
will send you shipping info

Is it possible that she is selling the bag on behalf of the other buyer?

Just sit tight til the 24th.. You can't do much before then..

What kind of feedback does this seller have? See any signs of her doing
this before?

How did you fund this purchase? With a credit card?

You can certainly file an INR with pp if you don't get your bag by the 24th
I was giving her the benefit of the doubt until I saw she had already sold the bag to someone on Ebay. Most likely she forgot to remove the listing on Bonanza. But no response at all? Even to Paypal?

My Paypal is linked to my checking account. I'd be less anxious if it was a CC

Her feedback looked fine, in fact the girl who bought the LV was very happy with it

The bag is gone, and it was an LV, so she has quite a bit of my money and I'd just like an apology and a refund...or just a refund will do!

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt until I saw she had already sold the bag to someone on Ebay. Most likely she forgot to remove the listing on Bonanza. But no response at all? Even to Paypal?

My Paypal is linked to my checking account. I'd be less anxious if it was a CC

Her feedback looked fine, in fact the girl who bought the LV was very happy with it

The bag is gone, and it was an LV, so she has quite a bit of my money and I'd just like an apology and a refund...or just a refund will do!
oh and I'm also a seller on Ebay, so I can be very understanding, yet I would never treat a buyer this way!

I think some sellers dump stuff on Bonanza and forget about it. A couple of times I have ordered things there never to get anything or a response from the seller. PayPal refunded my money eventually both times, btw.

I know it must be frustrating because there are probably other bags you've had your eye on and want to spend that cash on, instead but you have to sit tight for the time being.

Is it a new item? It's possible that she purchased more than one of the bag at the same time and listed on both ebay and Bonz. She may very well have the bag and could even have shipped it. It's only been 3 days and I don't disagree that a reply to messages would be nice, it's not required.

I'd give it time. If you don't get the bag, you will win an INR dispute so you won't lose your money.

It was a pre-owned bag, her bag. The pictures of the bag, receipts and description exactly the same. It was only at the end of April that the buyer left her feedback. And her listing on Bonanza had been up for quite awhile. Yes I did miss out on other bags but after this bad experience decided to order a new one direct from LV on my credit card. Was trying to save money, but do need the refund to help pay for the new one

If only she would have responded to the messages or even realized the error herself, I wouldn't be this upset!

I don't know too many people who buy 2 of the exact same LV bags, at the same time and use them both! And like I said, it was the same receipt in both listings

I really do believe she just forgot about the Bonanza listing. But by now she should be responding to these messages and refunding my money

It was a pre-owned bag, her bag. The pictures of the bag, receipts and description exactly the same. It was only at the end of April that the buyer left her feedback. And her listing on Bonanza had been up for quite awhile. Yes I did miss out on other bags but after this bad experience decided to order a new one direct from LV on my credit card. Was trying to save money, but do need the refund to help pay for the new one

If only she would have responded to the messages or even realized the error herself, I wouldn't be this upset!

I don't know too many people who buy 2 of the exact same LV bags, at the same time and use them both! And like I said, it was the same receipt in both listings

I really do believe she just forgot about the Bonanza listing. But by now she should be responding to these messages and refunding my money

There are sellers who are embarassed by their mistakes & just don't know
how to communicate that.

She should be responding to you as well as to PP... It has only been
a few days & know your concerns are quite valid.. You just have to sit
tight & certainly understand all of this is challenging & no communication
is frustrating..

As mentioned, PP will refund you if you bag doesn't arrive..the 24th is
less than a week ago...

I know it's only a few days but it's a strange situation that I've never encountered before!

If she's embarrassed (and I would understand) she doesn't have to communicate. She could just send a refund through PayPal.

I know it's only a few days but it's a strange situation that I've never encountered before!

If she's embarrassed (and I would understand) she doesn't have to communicate. She could just send a refund through PayPal.

Logically she should refund you but she may have shipped the bag

Since she is not communicating you don't know what she is doing...

It is strange but many sellers (including 'top sellers") are not always the best at communicating..

At this moment, you don't have a choice but to sit it out, sorry to say

Logically she should refund you but she may have shipped the bag

Since she is not communicating you don't know what she is doing...

It is strange but many sellers (including 'top sellers") are not always the best at communicating..

At this moment, you don't have a choice but to sit it out, sorry to say
I don't know how she can ship a bag she no longer has, and if she does ship a "bag" at this point I would assume it's a fake.

Yes, I know I have to wait, just frustrating and thought you all would understand. Thanks for listening!