Preloved Chanel J12 Watch - how to get it serviced?

Wentworth-Roth

Longtime Member
O.G.
Jul 3, 2006
I am currently debating whether or not I should buy a preloved black J12 watch (automatic movement). The price is good, but I need to buy extra links and possibly get it serviced before I can enjoy the J12. What deters me from making the purchase is that the box and authenticity papers of the watch are not included. The previous owner never gave them to the reseller.

If I were to purchase the watch regardless, will Chanel's authorized watch dealer/repair center refuse to service my J12 if I cannot produce any kind of official documentation? Please advise. Thank you.

I recently had my Chanel watch serviced prior to selling and while I was the original owner, the Chanel store never asked for any documentation from me but I think they may have checked the serial number to confirm authenticity. I went to the Beverly Hills store and they were awesome. I don't know about getting new links though..

My DH has a Tag Hauer automatic movement and it is kind of high maintenance! This may be the only reason I would second guess the purchase. It is an amazing watch but it really needs to be your main daily watch. Good Luck!

Can someone help me by authenticating a Chanel 38mm white J12? I didn't realize that by offering a better offer to a seller and they accepted, that I would automatically have to buy the watch. It's $2,150 and I want to make sure it's real before paying. I'm absolutely sick over this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am currently debating whether or not I should buy a preloved black J12 watch (automatic movement). The price is good, but I need to buy extra links and possibly get it serviced before I can enjoy the J12. What deters me from making the purchase is that the box and authenticity papers of the watch are not included. The previous owner never gave them to the reseller.

If I were to purchase the watch regardless, will Chanel's authorized watch dealer/repair center refuse to service my J12 if I cannot produce any kind of official documentation? Please advise. Thank you.

Go to Tonneau or Chanel and say you need to get the watch fixed but you didn't keep the box and paper. Or say your sister gave you but she didn't keep extra links etc.
But I'm sure you can get it fixed without the card and stuff.

Can someone help me by authenticating a Chanel 38mm white J12? I didn't realize that by offering a better offer to a seller and they accepted, that I would automatically have to buy the watch. It's $2,150 and I want to make sure it's real before paying. I'm absolutely sick over this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The main authenticator is on a long break; normally you would need to post this info in the authentication thread. If you look there, it gives you suggestions for online co's that will authenticate for an affordable price. You will want to make sure you have good pictures so they can do that for you.

As far as having to go thru with the purchase, have you tried to work something out with the seller? Although you agreed to buy the item, they may be willing to let you out of the purchase if you made a mistake. Good luck....