Caucasian Nose Job in Korea?

Pamlanndz

Apr 18, 2013
So my nose has a bump on the bridge, I am wondering if any Caucasians have gone to Korea for rhinoplasty? And are they as expereinced as reducing nose bridges as they are in building them up as what is more typically what Asian women want.

Any white chicks have any expereince with nose job in Korea?

:buttercup:

I did it!!! I am a caucasian girl, 20 yrs old, and had the same problems with my nose as you. It was BIG and had a bump that I HATED! I had wanted a nose job my whole life and considered getting it done in Cali where I live after high school graduation, but chickened out due to disapproval from friends. Fast forward two years and I was studying abroad in South Korea when the idea came to my head again... 'I REALLY want to fix my nose. And there are so many skilled surgeons here who could do it for a fraction of the price that the doctors in LA charge.' So I began researching and contacted several of the better-known plastic surgery hospitals via email, as well as browsed their websites. I had a consultation with Dr. Jung at Shimmian clinic and I was sold. I booked my surgery for 2 months later, and I am VERY happy with the results! Dr. Jung is so, so skilled....I would highly recommend you have a consultation with him. Also you can check out Shimmian's blog: http://nosejung.blogspot.com/

I should add a few things....

First, you will NEED someone to help you. You will need a translator, good friend, or paid companion to be with you for at least the day of the surgery and first week afterward. I speak Korean conversationally, and they had English-speaking staff at Shimmian, but I still could not have done it without my native-Korean fiance. He went with me to my pre-surgery appointment, was there on the day of the surgery, took me home afterward, and came with me to all of my follow-up appointments. He lived in the same apartment complex as me at the time so he was always avialable to help me if I needed it. I could not have done it without him. I had rhinoplasty and chin implant done at the same time, so for the first week I could only eat soft porridge-like foods, had a very swollen face, and was generally supposed to be resting. He brought me food, helped me hail taxis to go to the appointments, etc. Please please do not try to get PS alone in Korea- you could end up in a very BAD situation if you try to live/stay on your own without any help during your surgery and recovery. Luckily for me, Shimmian is very safe and I had zero complications, but imagine if I had? And if I had been living alone with no one to help me? It would have been very bad.

Also, another reason why you will need help: a lot of the PS hospitals there will not let you stay the first night after your surgery. Shimmian put me in a recovery room and I was able to stay there several hours while the anasthesia wore off, but I was still groggy when we had to leave, which was another reason I needed my fiance's help.

Secondly, Dr. Jung is a true expert and create pretty much any result that you want, but you need to be specific. Tell him exactly what you want changed, what you don't want, and bring some pictures of noses that you like. Also, Dr. Jung has considerable experience doing caucasian noses, but I am not sure how many other Korean plastic surgeone are truly qualified and experienced at it, so you will need to do your research very carefully if you are going with a different surgeon.

Finally, good luck! And feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or want to see before/after pics.

So my nose has a bump on the bridge, I am wondering if any Caucasians have gone to Korea for rhinoplasty? And are they as expereinced as reducing nose bridges as they are in building them up as what is more typically what Asian women want.

Any white chicks have any expereince with nose job in Korea?

:buttercup:

Hi Pam, I am Asian ( Chinese Indonesian) who is planning to get my plastic surgery done in Korea. I have done an extensive research online and am in touch with several clinics in Korea.

According to my research, Pitangui and VIP look well-experienced. Most of the doctors in Pitangui were educated in Brazil. I think it should be an added point in dealing with Caucasian like you.

You may want to consult with them, their staff is very responsive. I have been in touch with one of them since the last few weeks.

Hi guys im from the UK. I've just had my revision rhinoplasty done at Grand still recovering.

As an international patient i cannot say enough good things about Grand. So far so good they have been great.

If you need any information let me know.

Hey guys,

I went to Korea June, 2013 to a PS clinic called WELL, right next to BK. Let me just star off by telling you how terrible the result is, my nose looks crooked, too big for my face and the tip ..don't even get me started on that..it's massive!! They took out my ear cartilage to make my nose tip higher and silicone for the bridge and shaved off some bones as well..umm, i really hated it..i went from looking like a girl in my 20s to an grandma ...i hate this nose..i really do..i used to take so many pictures of myself..now, i just don't even want to look in the mirror..i hate it..the worst part it..i contacted the hospital about this..no reply..for 2 months..!!!

So, i am planning on a revision..can u please tell me which places are good this time..i really need this..i am literally in my room all day..unless i have school..coz i think i look hideous..

Hello, all! Very excited to start my own topic here haha :cool:

So, I have a question: since noses are quite different from race to race, would it be wise to head to Seoul for a nose tip reshaping as a Caucasian? After all, I'm sure Korean doctors specialize in Asian noses and features, and mine are quite stereotypically White..(I'm a long-and-pointy-nose gal lol).
I might be making this into a bigger deal than it actually is, but I'm torn between going to a surgeon here in the States, who has more Caucasian patients, or going to Korea, where surgery is supposed to be far more advanced.

What I'd like specifically: I'd like my nose to not be quite as long and not dip down as much when I smile. Basically I'd just like the tip a tad more refined and shorter.
Surely a Korean surgeon would be able to give me that??

do it in the US. A surgeon's skill has got very much to do with how many patients he operates on and the type of noses he operates on. There is a significant difference in technique between asian rhino and caucasian rhino. Just like how asians should find a surgeon who specializes in asian rhino, same goes with caucasians. Also contrary to popular belief, Korea is not cheaper than doing surgery in the US after you include plane ticket and accommodation. That is assuming u are from the US..

do it in the US. A surgeon's skill has got very much to do with how many patients he operates on and the type of noses he operates on. There is a significant difference in technique between asian rhino and caucasian rhino. Just like how asians should find a surgeon who specializes in asian rhino, same goes with caucasians. Also contrary to popular belief, Korea is not cheaper than doing surgery in the US after you include plane ticket and accommodation. That is assuming u are from the US..

I am from the US :smile: Thank you for your answer, sounds like I may as well head on over to LA, seeing as it might be the plastic surgery hub of America..

Look you would want to be careful about rushing off to see above doctor,research him
thoroughly , there are a few people who live on this forum,( see number of posts),
who know everything about everything , or think they do.
Detourist, I must say that's very rude given how little you have contributed to this forum. Many forumers who checked this forum everyday like me would agree that K couture is a godsend to us because she is willing to share her knowledge. She has a life outside PF just like myself and many others, but we'd like to come back just because of our altruism wishing to give back. I agree we should take everything on the forum with a pinch of salt, however, accusing someone as "live on this forum,who know everything about everything , or think they do" is just offensive and not constructive at all.

I know many forumers, whom I talked personally thro Kakao, who has vaults of knowledge like K but stopped posting or sharing for a long while because of accusation like yours: accusation that they are promoters, that they think they know what they talk about but they don't etc. If you want to make a point that everyone should double check the source of info they get and research further, I agree, but you dont have to put it in a way to offend others and discourage them from posting because it's not constructive at all to other members and content-wise. Just because we are all behind an anonymous username with a concealed identity and with the socalled 'freedom of speech and expressing opinions', it doesn't give you the right to publicly humiliate someone.

Just learn to be nice, will you?

Agree with K, the cost of doing rhino surgery in Korea is as expensive as the US. If you factor in the plane ticket and hotel, it is more expensive than the US.