DE Speedy b 25 or epi Alma bb?

LitGeek

Mar 3, 2013
I am looking for a small casual bag that I can wear in any kind of weather and have narrowed it down to DE Speedy b 25 and epi Alma bb. I would love to hear which one you would choose and why. Also, if you have both which you like better or carry more often. Thanks in advance!

I don't have either, but my vote is the speedy. I don't like how the straps attach to the alma bb on the front and back, it makes me think it won't lay right against the body. Plus some have complained about the opening being too small and stiff.

I have a regular speedy and it's easy to get in and out and it hold a lot! :speedy: HTH.

I was in the same position as you a little while ago except my choices was speedy 25 in DA, speedy 25 in DE or epi alma bb. I decided against DA since most of my LV items are DA and thought I should 'expand out'. I finally decide on epi alma bb( will be purchasing next month) because I like the colors available and also the fact that I don't have any epi pieces. Another reason was because alma is more structured so it will hold its shape. Good luck on deciding.

Both are very different Imo. I think it really depends on your lifestyle. I have a DE speedy b and it's my most used bag. I'm a sahm with two, soon to be three children.
The Alma is very pretty, but not practical for me.
I love the classic look of the Alma in epi, if that will fit everything that you need than that gets my vote.

I was in the same position as you a little while ago except my choices was speedy 25 in DA, speedy 25 in DE or epi alma bb. I decided against DA since most of my LV items are DA and thought I should 'expand out'. I finally decide on epi alma bb( will be purchasing next month) because I like the colors available and also the fact that I don't have any epi pieces. Another reason was because alma is more structured so it will hold its shape. Good luck on deciding.

Thank you for your input. I do love that the epi Alma bb is leather, comes in beautiful colors, and will hold its shape.

Both are very different Imo. I think it really depends on your lifestyle. I have a DE speedy b and it's my most used bag. I'm a sahm with two, soon to be three children.
The Alma is very pretty, but not practical for me.
I love the classic look of the Alma in epi, if that will fit everything that you need than that gets my vote.

Thanks for commenting. I am a SAHM, but my dd is older so I don't have to carry much. I do have a NF MM for when I need to carry more, but mostly I just carry the basics, so the Alma would be fine.

I don't have either, but my vote is the speedy. I don't like how the straps attach to the alma bb on the front and back, it makes me think it won't lay right against the body. Plus some have complained about the opening being too small and stiff.

I have a regular speedy and it's easy to get in and out and it hold a lot! :speedy: HTH.

Good points, thanks!

Hi there, I have both the alma bb epi in noir and the speedy b 25 in DE. I had wanted the speedy b a lot longer than I wanted the alma bb. But I actually purchased the alma bb in pomme d'amour first, fell in love and immediately bought the noir epi alma bb right after. I just purchased the speedy b 2 months ago and to be honest, I personally use my epi alma bb more. But I think that's because of my lifestyle. I use the speedy more as a travel bag or if I know I'll be out all day. I use the alma bb as an everyday bag for work (I'm also lugging around a laptop bag everyday so my essentials are in my bb). I love how I can use my bb casually but also dressed up. I'm about 5"6 and on me, I can't wear the bb cross body so I usually wear it on one shoulder or hand held. The speedy I can wear cross body though. In the end, if someone told me that I had to pick one, i'd pick the alma bb.... But I'm just lucky no one had to tell me that :smile:.

Let me know if you have more specific questions :smile:

Hi there, I have both the alma bb epi in noir and the speedy b 25 in DE. I had wanted the speedy b a lot longer than I wanted the alma bb. But I actually purchased the alma bb in pomme d'amour first, fell in love and immediately bought the noir epi alma bb right after. I just purchased the speedy b 2 months ago and to be honest, I personally use my epi alma bb more. But I think that's because of my lifestyle. I use the speedy more as a travel bag or if I know I'll be out all day. I use the alma bb as an everyday bag for work (I'm also lugging around a laptop bag everyday so my essentials are in my bb). I love how I can use my bb casually but also dressed up. I'm about 5"6 and on me, I can't wear the bb cross body so I usually wear it on one shoulder or hand held. The speedy I can wear cross body though. In the end, if someone told me that I had to pick one, i'd pick the alma bb.... But I'm just lucky no one had to tell me that :smile:.

Let me know if you have more specific questions :smile:
Thank you. The alms bb in vernis is gorgeous :love: but too dressy for my lifestyle most of the time. It is on my wish list for later though. I do like that the epi Alma bb can be dressed up or down.

Last edited:
I think you already have it, the pochette metis, only the short handle is sensitive to weather and you can use apple or lmb products to pretreat it.
I tried speedy b de before and wasn't happy with how thin the canvas was and the overall quality.

I don't have Speedy B, so my thought would be biased.... but anyway I love my pomme vernis alma bb dearly. I don't carry many things with me, so Alma bb size works well. Also I wear darker color (black/grey/blue) clothes mostly, so a colorful bag really stands out. Another reason is that I usually carry a laptop bag (black shoulder bag) with me as well, so a small crossbody bag is easy to carry and matches well with it. I have Bloomsbury PM, and that's probably why I never considered purchasing Speedy B in Damier ebene....

Last edited:
I have an epi Alma bb in the electric and adore it ! However, if you plan to use this bag more as an everyday bag i suggest speedy b. I find the alma bb looks more dressier than speedy b. I use mine mainly for nights, lunches out. Sometimes i use the strap cb but not often. So for me, its more of a special occasion bag. I love the speedy b and plan to get one in the 30 next year. I do have an alma pm size in DE so thats why i went with the bb . It really also does not hold very much. Its super cute and a great addition to ones collection. gl :smile:

I purchased an alma bb recently and had to change because I didnt find it practical at all for my everyday use. I find it hard to access whats inside and the straps are put in the front and back of the bag so it lays awkwardly in my body. . I changed it to the speedy b 25 azure and I am so happy with my decision. I find the speedy b 25 much more suitable for everyday and can be dressed up as well. Its an amazing bag and looks lovely with my charms :smile:

I have an epi Alma bb in Carmine. I love it but my only con is it gets heavy with all my stuff in it. I have the speedy b's in larger sizes. You can't go wrong with the b's. The alma bb is more dressier than the speedy. You have the PM already maybe you can get a pop of color bb!

• speedy b 25 so you can continue using your aurore curieuse :woohoo: [and we can really be twinsies!]
  • :graucho: alma bb so you have an excuse to buy more pretty SLGs!
... i'm no help :upsidedown:

:lol: I definitely wouldn't mind getting a smaller LV wallet, there are so many pretty ones!

I think you already have it, the pochette metis, only the short handle is sensitive to weather and you can use apple or lmb products to pretreat it.
I tried speedy b de before and wasn't happy with how thin the canvas was and the overall quality.

I am so afraid of treating the vachetta :panic: Do you think the quality is better on the classic Speedy?

I don't have Speedy B, so my thought would be biased.... but anyway I love my pomme vernis alma bb dearly. I don't carry many things with me, so Alma bb size works well. Also I wear darker color (black/grey/blue) clothes mostly, so a colorful bag really stands out. Another reason is that I usually carry a laptop bag (black shoulder bag) with me as well, so a small crossbody bag is easy to carry and matches well with it. I have Bloomsbury PM, and that's probably why I never considered purchasing Speedy B in Damier ebene....

Thank you, I am happy to hear you love your Alma bb!

I have an epi Alma bb in Carmine. I love it but my only con is it gets heavy with all my stuff in it. I have the speedy b's in larger sizes. You can't go wrong with the b's. The alma bb is more dressier than the speedy. You have the PM already maybe you can get a pop of color bb!

The pop of color is definitely what is drawing me to the Alma bb, but I was hoping it would be lightweight.

Last edited:
If you need to carry more, go with speedy b.. But if not, go with alma bb epi.. You cant go wrong with either one.. For me, i will pick alma bb epi.. Now she is on my list. Good luck on deciding.. ;)
Btw, why dont you try noe bb epi ? I really love mine. Cute and spacious. Dont worry about the drawstring, you can change to bandeau and its so easy to get things in and out. :smile: