Trip to London in June - What would you buy?

shelbyjo

Jan 5, 2010
Just curious what special souvenir you would bring home from London? Where would you shop? I only own LVs with the exception of one Burberry. Would you stay with LV or go with a "native" brand? I don't want to spend more than maybe $2,000 on a bag or a couple of SLGs unless it's an absolutely gotta have it bag. I have no idea what to look for but I'd really like to bring something back that will be a great reminder of my trip. I have zero, zilch, nada knowledge about other brands so would hope to have a very friendly SA help me out if it weren't LV. Would you "cheat" on LV in London and if so what would it be? TIA, any suggestions would really be appreciated! :smile:

If they have it still, get the Maison keychain! It has the address to the flagship store on New Bond Street. :smile: that was one of my souvenirs during my trip last year.

I say check out some local brands, or brands harder to acquire here and if you don't fancy any of them, I'd get any LV bag you want. Still a souvenir because you got it in London.

I'd stick to LV or another French or Italian brand if I were you. Our native brands are Mulberry, Smythson, Aspinal, Stella McCartney, Victoria Beckham and many more. I lived in the USA for 7 years and when I moved there I had lots of Mulberry bags. Call me sad, but I didn't like the fact that no one really knew the brand I was carrying, so I started buying YSL, LV, Givenchy and Prada.
When you visit, be sure to go to Harrods. There are about 3 plus luxury handbag departments. You'll save money vs buying a euro brand in the USA and don't forget to claim back your VAT refund!

Definitely agree with above and take a look at Lulu for a souvenir. Such quirky designs so might not be to your taste but I love it! Could just get something small from there and then an LV item as it'll be cheaper for you!

If they have it still, get the Maison keychain! It has the address to the flagship store on New Bond Street. :smile: that was one of my souvenirs during my trip last year.

I say check out some local brands, or brands harder to acquire here and if you don't fancy any of them, I'd get any LV bag you want. Still a souvenir because you got it in London.
Oh I would love to get the Maison Key charm! I have the Paris, Singapore and San Francisco ones. I would be very surprised if it's still available but I will definitely ask.

Definitely visit the bond street store (good tip, if they don't have what you need they can check stock at other stores and Sloane street and Selfridges are both close by). A Maison bond street keyring would be a perfect souvenir!

Oh I would love to get the Maison Key charm! I have the Paris, Singapore and San Francisco ones. I would be very surprised if it's still available but I will definitely ask.

I wish I could track down more (excuse for more vacations maybe??? Lol) I was surprised it was available, but they had a bunch of them on display when I went in November. :smile: hope you find one!

I'd stick to LV or another French or Italian brand if I were you. Our native brands are Mulberry, Smythson, Aspinal, Stella McCartney, Victoria Beckham and many more. I lived in the USA for 7 years and when I moved there I had lots of Mulberry bags. Call me sad, but I didn't like the fact that no one really knew the brand I was carrying, so I started buying YSL, LV, Givenchy and Prada.
When you visit, be sure to go to Harrods. There are about 3 plus luxury handbag departments. You'll save money vs buying a euro brand in the USA and don't forget to claim back your VAT refund!

Thank you so much for your suggestions - I just looked at the Aspinal website - that store is now on my list of to dos! They have some wonderful bags and goodies!! I've always wanted a Alma BB but after seeing the Mini Hepburn I think that would be a great option and getting one of their London collection keychains would be perfect. Now this is a brand I would have never known anything about, probably would not have gone into their boutique (fear of the unknown :lol:) so thank you!

That would depend on what you already own?

Be Blessed MoNikki

I have mostly what I think of as LV staples/basics - for Bags in Mono: Speedy 30, Speedy B 35, Stressa PM, Batignolles Vertical, Odeon PM, Neverfull MM Piment. In DE: Speedy B 30, Eva, Keepall B 45. DA Noe. White Mahina Selene PM. Vernis Pomme organizer wallet, Epi Piment Sarah wallet, Mono organizer wallet, red & white Kasuma cosmetic pouch and a few other misc slgs. Obviously lots of Mono but I'm a really casual person. I prefer going to baseball games and a bar/grill vs the theater and fine dining!! I like slouchy vs structure. Oh, and not quite the big 50 yet so nothing that looks like I'm buying it for my teenage daughter. Any good ideas would be a big help. I don't want to drag my DH around London mindlessly searching for something I don't really "Need" but something I really "Want":graucho:

Definitely visit the bond street store (good tip, if they don't have what you need they can check stock at other stores and Sloane street and Selfridges are both close by). A Maison bond street keyring would be a perfect souvenir!
We are staying at the Cavendish which I think is just a 10 minute or so walk from the Maison so I will definitely be going there. That's encouraging to know they still had some keyrings left in November! Thank you

Thank you so much for your suggestions - I just looked at the Aspinal website - that store is now on my list of to dos! They have some wonderful bags and goodies!! I've always wanted a Alma BB but after seeing the Mini Hepburn I think that would be a great option and getting one of their London collection keychains would be perfect. Now this is a brand I would have never known anything about, probably would not have gone into their boutique (fear of the unknown :lol:) so thank you!

I have an Aspinal handbag and it's amazing. Great service too :smile:

The Middletons (Prince Williams in laws) carry a lot of Aspinal bags. I'm a fan of their clutches!