My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

thanks, I didn't know about all the international branches except for the LA, which have pretty bad/ mixed reviews... anyway, what i was referring to were the ones in the gangnam area, but the "hooters' one didn't sound right to me either :smile: just checked again, and it's actually an ad sign for Dream.
I'm afraid to sound stupid again, but is the correct one above a Cold Stone ice cream place! lol
nope that's not it. 603-2, Shinsa-dong, Seoul, South Korea maybe google map that. Its at the end of the street where JW and VIP is.

Anyways Plastique Update

I went in and got my stitches removed. Didn't hurt much. Saw Dr Kim who wasn't too chatty. I asked him about the lower part of my face looking a bit full and was worried it was sagging from soft tissue because of the acculift. He said it was swelling moving downwards, which makes sense. I imagine i will only see changes at the 2 week mark. Was also gonna ask him a few other questions but i kinda had a bit of a mental blank. He gave me some botox for my jaw (did u guys know that korean botox is half the price of normal botox and is pretty much the same effect??!?) and walked out right after so i didn't get the chance to ask him more paranoid questions. He's friendly but not as chatty as Dr Park i've found. Oh well as long as i get good results. Will update in 2 weeks (if i can remember to) about the acculift's results.

Last edited:
Thanks K Couture for the informative review.

paxsky I think the Dream in Seoul (Apgujeong) is above Cold Stone and CGV. Don't know about Hooters. I too have read mixed reviews about the LA branch of Dream.

Last edited:
oh actually ure right Jay. i just took the time to google map it haha. there is a cgv but its not visible from the front entrance. I only ever seen a mconalds at the front. I never noticed a cold stone tho.

Funny enough there seems to be another Dream clinic in Seoul but its not part of the Dream Medical Group. That Dream clinic, from what i vaguely remember asking Dr Park while he was doing my rhino, is operated by Dr Song who used to be the head surgeon at Dream Medical Group but parted ways amicably and opened his own practice. I always wondered why i never saw Dr Song on their medical staff list.

nope that's not it. 603-2, Shinsa-dong, Seoul, South Korea maybe google map that. Its at the end of the street where JW and VIP is.

Anyways Plastique Update

I went in and got my stitches removed. Didn't hurt much. Saw Dr Kim who wasn't too chatty. I asked him about the lower part of my face looking a bit full and was worried it was sagging from soft tissue because of the acculift. He said it was swelling moving downwards, which makes sense. I imagine i will only see changes at the 2 week mark. Was also gonna ask him a few other questions but i kinda had a bit of a mental blank. He gave me some botox for my jaw (did u guys know that korean botox is half the price of normal botox and is pretty much the same effect??!?) and walked out right after so i didn't get the chance to ask him more paranoid questions. He's friendly but not as chatty as Dr Park i've found. Oh well as long as i get good results. Will update in 2 weeks (if i can remember to) about the acculift's results.
Congrats K! Glad to know that you've completed the surgery. I'm planning to have similar surgery as you (Acculift and Rhino) and would really appreciate the update. Is it ok if I add you to my kakao?

Btw, did you take any supplement to help you heal faster? I heard that arnica and sineech is good with speeding up the recovery process.

Anyways Plastique Update

Thanks for the update. I think you're very fortunate that you got the two head surgeons at Dream to operate on you. From my research, Dr. Kim is the one with over 20 years of experience, so he's probably seen it all, which I would get great comfort from... I think you mentioned that you specifically requested those doctors for your surgery? Just curious, did you have to bring it up, or did they bring it up as an option? It seems that the clinic allowed patients to choose their own doctors from the staff, most would choose one or more of the top (head) surgeons, which would keep only those surgeons busy and making money?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I think you're very fortunate that you got the two head surgeons at Dream to operate on you. From my research, Dr. Kim is the one with over 20 years of experience, so he's probably seen it all, which I would get great comfort from... I think you mentioned that you specifically requested those doctors for your surgery? Just curious, did you have to bring it up, or did they bring it up as an option? It seems that if the clinic allowed patients to choose their own doctors from the staff, most would choose one or more of the top (head) surgeons, which would keep only those surgeons busy and making money and the other surgeons there idle?

Thanks K Couture for the informative review.

paxsky I think the Dream in Seoul (Apgujeong) is above Cold Stone and CGV. Don't know about Hooters. I too have read mixed reviews about the LA branch of Dream.
thanks for confirming... thanks to K and other posters who have had positive experience there, I'm planning consult at Dream, but will be either be walking or taking pub transportation if I end up going to the consult alone. I have this weird thing about riding cabs alone, so I'm mapping out the clinics, so I don't get lost if I end up walking or taking the subway or bus :smile:

thanks for confirming... thanks to K and other posters who have had positive experience there, I'm planning consult at Dream, but will be either be walking or taking pub transportation if I end up going to the consult alone. I have this weird thing about riding cabs alone, so I'm mapping out the clinics, so I don't get lost if I end up walking or taking the subway or bus :smile:
but taxi only costs 4 dollars if u are staying in Gangnam lol. Also, i think the consultants will assign you surgeons subject to availability UNLESS you request your surgeons. I believe most patients would be unaware who's the head surgeons there anyway. Its quite alarming how many people actually walk into a clinic without doing any research whatsoever.

While i've heard good things about one of their other surgeons from a girl who got her eyes and nose done, as i've only experienced Dr Park and Dr Kim's surgical technique i can only recommend you request the two of them for your procedure. Im pretty sure Dr Kim only handles facial contouring tho.

but taxi only costs 4 dollars if u are staying in Gangnam lol. Also, i think the consultants will assign you surgeons subject to availability UNLESS you request your surgeons. I believe most patients would be unaware who's the head surgeons there anyway. Its quite alarming how many people actually walk into a clinic without doing any research whatsoever.

While i've heard good things about one of their other surgeons from a girl who got her eyes and nose done, as i've only experienced Dr Park and Dr Kim's surgical technique i can only recommend you request the two of them for your procedure. Im pretty sure Dr Kim only handles facial contouring tho.

K Couture,

would u mind telling me who perform the surgery of that girl eye and nose? Thanks

Last year at the end of October I had made a trip to seoul and had multiple consultations to different clinics. I eventually, after meticulous comparison of proposed methodologies and seeking multiple opinions from respectable plastic surgeons I decided on Dr Park Yang Soo and Dr Kim Young Joon at Dream Medical Group for my procedures.

Tomorrow Im scheduled to meet Dr Kim for our post op check up. Updates then!

congratssss K am so happy that every thing went well for you ;) its nice hearing that things worked out ok for a change. keep us updated with your healing.

the forehead graft is good. no more dent. Not as full as i'd like it to be now that swelling has gone down but thats reallly solely on me since i told Dr Park i wanted a subtle augmentation on the sides only to match the middle of my forehead. Which he did but now i want more volume lol. Oh well next top up i guess.

Nose is looking reallly good but im not pass the safe zone yet because as i mentioned, my nose was severely damaged by Charles Lee and Dr Park did his best to try to protect my damaged skin. There's still some tightness, mild redness and slight bruising where the damaged skin is so i need to wait it out to see if there is any chance of extrusion. It depends on how well the donor fascia is able to protect my damaged skin by growing onto the damaged skin. So now its a waiting game. Im probably going to head to see Dr Mendelson now that im back in melbourne to have him assess my situation since he is the next best thing to Dr Park.

the forehead graft is good. no more dent. Not as full as i'd like it to be now that swelling has gone down but thats reallly solely on me since i told Dr Park i wanted a subtle augmentation on the sides only to match the middle of my forehead. Which he did but now i want more volume lol. Oh well next top up i guess.

Nose is looking reallly good but im not pass the safe zone yet because as i mentioned, my nose was severely damaged by Charles Lee and Dr Park did his best to try to protect my damaged skin. There's still some tightness, mild redness and slight bruising where the damaged skin is so i need to wait it out to see if there is any chance of extrusion. It depends on how well the donor fascia is able to protect my damaged skin by growing onto the damaged skin. So now its a waiting game. Im probably going to head to see Dr Mendelson now that im back in melbourne to have him assess my situation since he is the next best thing to Dr Park.

i just want to say that i really hope there are no complications and your new nose holds up! and please PLEASE don't touch it anymore after this if everything goes fine now! i know you're very smart but i think it doesn't hurt to say it... i hope all your other surgeries end up with great results too after the swelling goes down completely :smile: thank you for all your help and sharing your experiences, it's so valuable.