QVC "As Is" Reveals and Reviews

Twoboyz

Jan 1, 2014
I'm starting this thread on behalf of all of us who have taken a chance with a QVC "as is" purchase if a Dooney and wanted to share her/his experience. (Great idea StillPooh!).

So here we go. I suppose you win some and you lose some...... :smile: :sad:

I'll start things off with my as is purchase of the small florentine satchel in violet.

Can you hear me yelling to the UPS man in the background to come back? If I could put it back on the truck I would!

I open the box and what do I see at first glance? A flat pebbly bag in a plastic bag. Oh no....pebbles! Can I not get one smooth florentine bag...ever? No stuffing and no wrap anywhere. So I open the bag and at first glance she looks pretty clean. Very pebbly, but I actually like the look on this bag. She's very soft and smells like berries. Could that be the violet dye or someone's perfume. I inspect the inside and she's pretty clean except for a few sparkles and bits of something. There is no registration card and no dust bag. Then to my horror I see it.... the dreaded blue color transfer!!! Upon further inspection I see some of the gold has rubbed off of the hardware clasp. The strap has a fold/sharp bend so this person probably doubled the strap. I even see a little scuff by some of the piping. Needless to say, this bag has been test driven pretty fast and furiously and this person clearly didn't want to keep a dirty bag. Otherwise she's pretty, evenly pebbled, and very soft and supple.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400003220.464415.jpg

Color transfer by buckle and by piping
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400003251.456799.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400003296.883317.jpg
Hardware scuffing
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400003306.153984.jpg
Nice even pebbling
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400003354.889443.jpg

I hope the rest of you fare better than I did today. There is always a bright side though. I get to save on this easy payment for 4 months. :smile:

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I'll start things off with my as is purchase of the small florentine satchel in violet.

Can you hear me yelling to the UPS man in the background to come back? If I could put it back on the truck I would!

I open the box and what do I see at first glance? A flat pebbly bag in a plastic bag. Oh no....pebbles! Can I not get one smooth florentine bag...ever? No stuffing and no wrap anywhere. So I open the bag and at first glance she looks pretty clean. Very pebbly, but I actually like the look on this bag. She's very soft and smells like berries. Could that be the violet dye or someone's perfume. I inspect the inside and she's pretty clean except for a few sparkles and bits of something. There is no registration card and no dust bag. Then to my horror I see it.... the dreaded blue color transfer!!! Upon further inspection I see some of the gold has rubbed off of the hardware clasp. The strap has a fold/sharp bend so this person probably doubled the strap. I even see a little scuff by some of the piping. Needless to say, this bag has been test driven pretty fast and furiously and this person clearly didn't want to keep a dirty bag. Otherwise she's pretty, evenly pebbled, and very soft and supple.

View attachment 2614711

View attachment 2614714
View attachment 2614715
Hardware scuffing
View attachment 2614716
Nice even pebbling
View attachment 2614717

I hope the rest of you fare better than I did today. There is always a bright side though. I get to save on this easy payment for 4 months. :smile:

wowowoza that is one USED 30- day BAG!!!!!!
SORRY hun but they should DAMAGE that out

Oh no!I'm so sorry Twoboyz. QVC needs better quality control if you ask me. I worry what my "as is" will look like tomorrow. :nogood:

Thanks, but don't worry. I've gotten two beautiful bags in as is that looked brand new with all the pieces and still partially wrapped. There's hope.... :smile: good luck.

Sorry for your violet! I was really hoping its a keeper, cause I love that bold pop of color :smile:

At least now we got the see that dreaded dye transfer up close and personal.

View attachment 2614711

View attachment 2614714
View attachment 2614715
Hardware scuffing
View attachment 2614716
Nice even pebbling
View attachment 2614717

Quelle horror! That is just unacceptable. I am angry on ur behalf.

Well... my as is small Stanwich arrived... at first I was excited to see her wrapped in plastic, and still had her handles wrapped and she was the perfect size!

Then I removed the plastic... :sad: to find extreme variations in pebbly vs smooth, heavy scratches and she's dirty :o as though she was kicked around on a concrete floor :sad:

I tried to get pics, but it's cloudy her and I just couldn't seem to get good ones of the damage

Attachments

• 1400007220653.jpg
    1400007220653.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,603
  • 1400007253346.jpg
    1400007253346.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,586
  • 1400007476746.jpg
    1400007476746.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2,580
  • 1400007502439.jpg
    1400007502439.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,546
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Well... my as is small Stanwich arrived... at first I was excited to see her wrapped in plastic, and still had her handles wrapped and she was the perfect size!

Then I removed the plastic... :sad: to find extreme variations in pebbly vs smooth, heavy scratches and she's dirty :o as though she was kicked around on a concrete floor :sad:

I tried to get pics, but it's cloudy her and I just couldn't seem to get good ones of the damage

Oh another big bummer for today! I'm sorry. It does look like a little water damage on the back. The front just looks like is pebbly in that spot. It's hard to tell and I can't see any dirt. Are there stains?