Which will you let go in my Chanel collection?

AmourCC

Aug 9, 2011
I originally think i can keep my Chanel collection under 10. But as you all know Chanel is very addicted, it's just very hard for me to choose which to let go. Plus i still haven't find my perfect shade of red that suit my taste. I need someone to chime in and giving me some idea.

Currently i have:
1. Black caviar jumbo GHW
2. Black distressed calfskin reissue 227 GHW
3. Light grey iridescent jumbo SHW
4. Beige caviar jumbo GHW
5. Light gold distressed calfskin reissue 226 GHW
6. Light gold lambskin mini GHW
7. Metallic Royal blue patent jumbo
8. Navy blue chain around maxi
9. Metallic Blue Boy Cube (This is my favorite so far so i'm not giving it up ;))
10. Navy blue clutch with chain
11. Black reissue clutch

Thanks.

How much do you use the light gold mini? Seems like the least practical and something you have other options to use instead.... but at the same time your only mini.... Other than that I'm not a huge fan of the chain around (but that's just my opinion) and you seem to have plenty of blue in your collection...

You seem to have lots of jumbo so maybe letting go one of them? The irridescent caviar as it is high maintenance?

Not really a high maintenance imo.

How much do you use the light gold mini? Seems like the least practical and something you have other options to use instead.... but at the same time your only mini.... Other than that I'm not a huge fan of the chain around (but that's just my opinion) and you seem to have plenty of blue in your collection...

the mini i use mainly in summer season. and yes i like blue a lot. hence there's so many blue.

I see duplicity of colors: 2 light gold, 2 navy, 2 blue metallic patent. The logical thing would be to let go of one from each pair.

right .... i think that might gonna help a little bit for me. thanks.

Slide1_zpsd0999445.jpg

here is the pic.

I would let go of the Chain Around Navy Blue Maxi. I'm Personally not a fan of the Maxi Size chain around style and you have a navy blue CWC and royal blue jumbo to cover your blues.

Lovely collection btw!

I see duplicity of colors: 2 light gold, 2 navy, 2 blue metallic patent. The logical thing would be to let go of one from each pair.

I agree with both of these comments. But I am a minimalist.

Personally, the mini and the chain around are my least faves. However, I also think that you need to ask yourself some deeper questions:

1. What is your ultimate goal regarding your Chanel collection? (quantity, to own specific pieces, etc.)

2. Why did you buy each of these bags in the first place? (impulse, lifestyle need, HG, etc.)

3. Is your objective to sell a couple of your current bags to fund your dream red bag?

Chanel just raised their prices. So I'd hate to see you let go of something that you truly LOVE and really USE, only to be subjected to a higher price tag and a greater sacrifice from your current collection. So, your answers to the above may help you to determine what steps to take next.

Good luck, and God bless! :smile:

If it was me, I'd keep them all if I could financially afford it. Chanel prices are ever increasing.

But if I had to trim the collection down, I'd sell the navy blue chain around maxi because you already have a beautiful royal patent blue jumbo and other duplicate colours.