Ballon Bleu De Cartier Watch

I think you should consider your overall build. I think the large (I'm not sure what the size is, but it's men's) works for me because while I'm thin, I'm very tall with broad shoulders, I'm not a small girl.

I also just think you have to go with what inspires you. I saw a mom at my daughter's preschool, she was VERY tall, over 6 feet, and she wore my watch so well, i literally couldn't get it out of my mind.

That's a very good point, im about 5 5, petite, 0, but curvy with delicate features. I love your watch and how you stack your Cartier pieces together. The 33 made a statement but I'm wondering due to my build if it was overwhelming in a sense? The sales associate said my build didn't matter and that wearing that size would say I'm a "super confident woman who knows her style" lol which clearly does not help me at all

I think I like the 33 better but really the 28 which i think is too small also looks great on you. I personally don't like the diamond markers because my fav thing about this watch is the Roman numerals

Honestly in 10-15 years I plan on getting the rose gold diamond Version of this watch. How long does quartz last? How much more is the automatic?

Did you feel like 33 was too big or trendy on you?

I'm the almost same height as you (an inch shorter, slender frame) and honestly I think the 28 would be most versatile. I don't think it's so much an "old ladies" size as much as the dainty proportion lends itself more to femininity. I'm a shift dress kind of girly girl and the 33 watch looked out of place. I wouldn't say the 33 looked too trendy but it looks best on me only when I'm wearing any outfit but a dress. The 33 looks like it wants to be a trendy "oversized" watch but just isn't quite there. It's an odd proportion on me. It's a good daily option, though. Kate Middleton manages to pull off the 33 (36?) with dresses but her build/height is larger than mine.

I actually went back to Cartier yesterday and tried both on and still love the 28. It's only about a $500 difference or so between sizes. Again, my only hesitation is that it's quartz. I lurk on watch forums and they say that, if taken care of properly (regular battery changes to prevent battery leakage) a quartz can chug along 25 to *maybe* 50 years. I'm secretly hoping they make a 28 mechanical option for the sake of having an heirloom piece.

And if you're getting the RG/diamond later - what size would you consider for that? If you're set on a, for example, 33 size for that I would maybe choose the 28 for this purchase for more variety. Let us know what you decide! Looking forward to seeing what you decide on!

Hi all, I know a lot of you lovely ladies and gents have different variations of this watch

I've been reading past threads and going the website trying to figure out sizing and price differences

I was looking at the smallest... Which I believe is the 28mm.
What is the next size? Is that the 33mm? And is that called the mid size? Does anyone have comparisons between the two? I only have a modeling pic of the 28mm. I had my heart set on the 28, but I've started to (gasp) grow out of layering bracelets on both hands... And I liked that the 28mm would layer. However looking at my style and watches and the line of work I will be doing, minimum on wrists is preferred.
So now I am wondering would it be better to get the next size up? I do not want an oversized watch. That is not my style and I want this to be classic and use this daily for the next decade if you will. I thought the smallest would be most classic but lately I've seen on princess kate and instagrammers like upcloseandstylish and bb10lue with the next size up or bigger... It looks very chic on them on their own. So now I am wondering should I get the next size? Also the reason why I like the BB is the Roman numerals, I love the face, would the next size up feature the face better? When I tried on the watches last year at Cartier, the sales associates liked the next size better on me, but I was very focused on getting a small watch because I was switching from a watch that was way too big for my wrist (Michelle with diamonds). My wrist is small, my 16 sz love goes a third down my wrist (or a little more). I have both a casual skinny jean/sweater style or office wear. As for what I would wear this with. Right now it would be a half eternity ring. On my other hand I wear a couple of different bangles, love bangle and eternity diamond bangle, with a fashion bangle thrown in and maybe a small gold bead bracelet as a buffer. And I plan on getting (second hand) a thin love ring and trinity ring for the opposite wrist to the watch...

With that said what would you do?

Sincerely an excited but very confused jewelryholic
its 28mm, 33mm, 36mm then 42mm
you should do 33 or 36
28 is really very small ans i find the face of the watch is overwhelmed by the thickness of the round border

I think I like the 33 better but really the 28 which i think is too small also looks great on you. I personally don't like the diamond markers because my fav thing about this watch is the Roman numerals

I forgot to say they didn't have the Roman numerals to try it so I tried this size, if I got the 28 I would get with roman numerals

its 28mm, 33mm, 36mm then 42mm
you should do 33 or 36
28 is really very small ans i find the face of the watch is overwhelmed by the thickness of the round border

36 isn't an option for me, it looks rediculous literally like the giant face is sitting on my wrist. I thought the same of the 33 that it shows off the design of the watch better, but if it doesn't suit my wrist idk if I have to accept maybe this design doesn't suite my wrist size? /:

I don't mind the 33 size, but that's as large as I'd go. But I do not like diamonds on my watches so I'd go without those. I wish they offered it with a date at the smaller sizes though, but I assume the complications just are a pain at that smaller size.

I don't mind the 33 size, but that's as large as I'd go. But I do not like diamonds on my watches so I'd go without those. I wish they offered it with a date at the smaller sizes though, but I assume the complications just are a pain at that smaller size.

I agree, I think it's only the 36 and 42 that offer the date. Would you get the automatic vs the quartz? Finding our now that the 28 doesn't come in automatic but that that's the preferred type of luxury watch is really throwing me off/confusing me more. I always planned on a watch collection (after another 10-15 years) but I don't want somethig that will stop working so soon if that's really the case. Never knew there was so much to a watch, I just always loves the clean aesthetic of a BB lol.

I think you should consider your overall build. I think the large (I'm not sure what the size is, but it's men's) works for me because while I'm thin, I'm very tall with broad shoulders, I'm not a small girl.

I also just think you have to go with what inspires you. I saw a mom at my daughter's preschool, she was VERY tall, over 6 feet, and she wore my watch so well, i literally couldn't get it out of my mind.
Your BB looks perfect on you...but you are tall and have the carriage.

I'm now leaning towards the 33mm...really not too big. 5'5" isn't that short, I think you can handle this size nicely.