VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Considering some more VCA pieces but not 100% sure the direction to go.

I already have the vintage MOP vintage alhambra earclips and 10 motif necklace.

I'm considering getting the frivole pendant and small earrings, small perlee hoops and 5 motif vintage MOP bracelet. This 'collection' would give me sets, which is appealing. I could wear the perlee hoops with the 10 motif. I have pave studs that would be great with the frivole pendant. The bracelet I could use with the 10 motif to lengthen, or wear with my earclips, etc.

However, I'm wondering if I should skip all of it and put the money towards a diamond clover perlee. But I'd want to wear it everyday. Seems like I could.

I love the idea of having lots of VCA pieces to play with but on the other hand, I do typically like to wear the same jewelry everyday so it's appealing to have one fabulous piece I'd wear all the time.

I'm sure I'll get everything on my list at some point over the years but trying to figure out the next step. Appreciate your thoughts. Do you get compliments over a piece vs another? Do you wear certain pieces everyday?

That's a tough decision! All pieces are beautiful, so it really comes down to what you love.

Which items do you like more? Imagine you had to choose between some "smaller" items and the perlee clover, which option would make your heart skip a beat?

If you think you'll get everything on your list eventually, maybe choose the piece(s) that increase in price most?

What do people think of nid de paradis?

My apologies if I missed any details along the way. I say this because I don't know if you already have other VCA pieces. I think I prefer some of their other designs more than this one. It also doesn't scream iconic VCA to me. If you already have many of the other ones then I'd say get this but if you don't have too many then I's go for another style.

Considering some more VCA pieces but not 100% sure the direction to go.

I already have the vintage MOP vintage alhambra earclips and 10 motif necklace.

I'm considering getting the frivole pendant and small earrings, small perlee hoops and 5 motif vintage MOP bracelet. This 'collection' would give me sets, which is appealing. I could wear the perlee hoops with the 10 motif. I have pave studs that would be great with the frivole pendant. The bracelet I could use with the 10 motif to lengthen, or wear with my earclips, etc.

However, I'm wondering if I should skip all of it and put the money towards a diamond clover perlee. But I'd want to wear it everyday. Seems like I could.

I love the idea of having lots of VCA pieces to play with but on the other hand, I do typically like to wear the same jewelry everyday so it's appealing to have one fabulous piece I'd wear all the time.

I'm sure I'll get everything on my list at some point over the years but trying to figure out the next step. Appreciate your thoughts. Do you get compliments over a piece vs another? Do you wear certain pieces everyday?

I would get the bangle first if I could afford it, then get the other bracelet to extend your 10 motif or the frivole pendant since you already have two earrings that would coordinate etc. The clover bracelet especially since it has diamonds keeps going up higher and higher so if I had the means I would take care of that first. Just my .02

I got my small Cosmos ear clips back from VCA (after they forgot to put the posts in). I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the medium because they looked so good on my SA. Thankfully I came to my senses because these are are beautiful and big enough for me.

I was asked to post a modeling picture, so here we go.

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother because my pictures are so bad!

I got my small Cosmos ear clips back from VCA (after they forgot to put the posts in). I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the medium because they looked so good on my SA. Thankfully I came to my senses because these are are beautiful and big enough for me.

Sbelle, your picture is GREAT! By the way, that size looks sufficiently substantial on you, so I think it was the right choice. Beautiful!

Reactions: kimber418
sbelle~ Your Cosmos earrings are amazing and they look beautiful on you! Thank you for posting. Do you have the pave frivole also? Just wondering because I have the pave frivole and have been thinking about the Cosmos lately. I know they are bigger than frivole but wonder how the Cosmos feels on? Are they comfortable?

Beautiful! I think these are a great size on you.

Perfection!

i got my small cosmos ear clips back from vca (after they forgot to put the posts in). I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the medium because they looked so good on my sa. Thankfully i came to my senses because these are are beautiful and big enough for me.

sometimes i don't know why i even bother because my pictures are so bad!

stunning!!

I would get the bangle first if I could afford it, then get the other bracelet to extend your 10 motif or the frivole pendant since you already have two earrings that would coordinate etc. The clover bracelet especially since it has diamonds keeps going up higher and higher so if I had the means I would take care of that first. Just my .02

Perfect two cents. :smile:

That's a tough decision! All pieces are beautiful, so it really comes down to what you love.

Which items do you like more? Imagine you had to choose between some "smaller" items and the perlee clover, which option would make your heart skip a beat?

If you think you'll get everything on your list eventually, maybe choose the piece(s) that increase in price most?

You're right. While I think the perlee hoops are beautiful, I know I could find similar hoops for less. Vs the others, they are conversation starters as the saying goes.

Wow, stunning! They suit you very well! I think the small size is perfect for you!

Which pair do you like better - the all diamond cosmos earclips or the diamond/mop ones?

Which ring did you get?

The one I posted from opulent jewelers, :graucho: I have never seen anything like it anywhere.

UtA1RKq.jpg

Gorgeous earrings!
Perfect. Love them.