Paris Souvenir: Chanel WOC or Cartier ring?

Which should I get?

• Chanel WOC: timeless

• Chanel WOC: quilted caviar

• Cartier trinity ring

• Cartier Love ring

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 24, 2007
I'm off to Paris for the first time later this month. I'd like to get a small souvenir and narrowed it down to a Chanel WOC (timeless or quilted w/GHW) or a Cartier ring (trinity or Love). I do not have a premium designer bag or luxury ring at this time. This would be my first.

I love the classic look and versatility of the WOC. I would not use it daily for work, but for weekends, going out for dinner, etc. I am just a little hesitant to spend so much on a small handbag.

I love the classic look for the Cartier rings and like that it could be an heirloom.

With the constant price increases for both, I'm having a hard time deciding. Thank you in advance for your input.

I would get the Cartier love ring or trinity, both are timeless and I love buying jewellery as a souvenir of a great trip! plus you get to wear it all the time instead of just on weekends :biggrin:

They are all lovely choices but I think for versatility I would get a Trinity ring! As Candice says, you can wear it all the time rather than on weekends and the three different tones of gold will tie in any other jewellery you wear really nicely. What a fun decision though - let us know what you decide to get and have an amazing time in Paris! :cool:

I purchased a Chanel WOC the last time I was in Paris, as I found that the selection there couldn't be beat! I also think it might be easier to get a Trinity ring on the resale market..

Is this something you're gifting to yourself or your SO is gifting you?

Case for both sides:

If yourself: I'm a Cartier lover through and through but the Cartier items you've listed are ubiquitous. I think a WOC (if you manage to find one you love) is harder to come by and for that reason I would get Chanel from the motherland!

If your SO: Cartier from your trip to Paris is waaaay more romantic a story than your SO getting a Chanel bag ;) (Now if it were Hermes then that would be a different story...)

Either way, can't go wrong! Enjoy your trip!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. I would probably just go with which ever has the most cost savings to buy there versus here. I bought the quilted woc and the love wedding band right before the price increases here in the US and the woc went up by $325 and the love band went up by $50. The woc was very hard to track down since it sells out so quickly and has pretty long waiting lists. I am not sure how much the woc is after conversion and detax in France but if its a decent savings and easy to find I would recommend the quilted woc. The timeless woc went up by $100 so prior to the increase the woc's were $275 difference in the cost with the quilted being more and now they differ by $500 so if I had to buy one at today's US prices I would probably opt for a timeless since it is now significantly less than the quilted one.

Is this something you're gifting to yourself or your SO is gifting you?

Case for both sides:

If yourself: I'm a Cartier lover through and through but the Cartier items you've listed are ubiquitous. I think a WOC (if you manage to find one you love) is harder to come by and for that reason I would get Chanel from the motherland!

If your SO: Cartier from your trip to Paris is waaaay more romantic a story than your SO getting a Chanel bag ;) (Now if it were Hermes then that would be a different story...)

Either way, can't go wrong! Enjoy your trip!
And this is why tpf'ers are such enablers! :lol: I agree, this would be the ideal scenario, but I haven't suggested it to my husband yet.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. I would probably just go with which ever has the most cost savings to buy there versus here. I bought the quilted woc and the love wedding band right before the price increases here in the US and the woc went up by $325 and the love band went up by $50. The woc was very hard to track down since it sells out so quickly and has pretty long waiting lists. I am not sure how much the woc is after conversion and detax in France but if its a decent savings and easy to find I would recommend the quilted woc. The timeless woc went up by $100 so prior to the increase the woc's were $275 difference in the cost with the quilted being more and now they differ by $500 so if I had to buy one at today's US prices I would probably opt for a timeless since it is now significantly less than the quilted one.
Thanks, this is good to know. I wasn't sure what the price increases actually equated to for these two WOC. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I arrive at the store.

Thanks, this is good to know. I wasn't sure what the price increases actually equated to for these two WOC. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I arrive at the store.

You're welcome! Have fun on your trip and I hope you will find the souvenir of your dreams! If you do get a woc with ghw I think the chain strap is almost as pretty as a piece of jewelry. Here is a pic I took of mine with some gold yurman jewelry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 344