Do Your Dreams Make Sense?

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
I'm not talking about the flying pigs variety.

I'm talking about those that contain real people you know (or not) and real places and events but not in real combinations or sequences.

Maybe it's about a person you know, but in a city neither of you have ever been. Or a situation that can't possibly occur due to geography or technology for example. They may have full, detailed conversations that make sense within the dream, but no sense at all in reality.

They may be real enough that you're confused when you wake up, wondering where you are or what just happened.

I tend to have very vivid dreams, so much detail involved it's like a movie! I tend to not read much into them, but I've also had a few where family members were ill and died and then a few years later it happened. I really try not to read into those!

Mine are mash-ups of all kinds of crazy stuff. The only time I have a vivid, realistic dream is when I have a night terror. Thankfully, I don't have them often

I have a mixture of very vivid, detailed bizarre dreams that really bother me and then rather ordinary dreams with family members or friends. In the bizarre dreams the theme is usually me being late or lost for something important. I even wake up with anxiety at times.

I'm not talking about the flying pigs variety.

I'm talking about those that contain real people you know (or not) and real places and events but not in real combinations or sequences.

Maybe it's about a person you know, but in a city neither of you have ever been. Or a situation that can't possibly occur due to geography or technology for example. They may have full, detailed conversations that make sense within the dream, but no sense at all in reality.

They may be real enough that you're confused when you wake up, wondering where you are or what just happened.

I get these a lot. They're super vivid, I can recall bits of pieces after when I wake up.

I always feel exhausted when I have these weird dreams.

I'm no longer confused since I have them frequently, and I even dream about the same imaginary place/situations with some variations. It's just weird because it's so detailed, but doesn't make sense in my life lol.

I get these a lot. They're super vivid, I can recall bits of pieces after when I wake up.

I always feel exhausted when I have these weird dreams.

I'm no longer confused since I have them frequently, and I even dream about the same imaginary place/situations with some variations. It's just weird because it's so detailed, but doesn't make sense in my life lol.

You and I sound very similar in dreams--very detailed and I remember them when I wake up. This morning I woke up with my heart pounding after dreaming that I was helping my parents move--they were both younger and healthy and in reality that was decades ago! Maybe because of Mother's Day I was thinking about them and then had the dream.

You and I sound very similar in dreams--very detailed and I remember them when I wake up. This morning I woke up with my heart pounding after dreaming that I was helping my parents move--they were both younger and healthy and in reality that was decades ago! Maybe because of Mother's Day I was thinking about them and then had the dream.

I get dreams like that, but with my grandparents who have deceased, in a home I moved out of during my childhood.

The situations were modern, like them using a cellphone or something, but the setting was in the past.

The external triggers can be random, movies/TVs, reminiscing, current thoughts.

So I have no control, and me in the dream knows it's a dream but I still roll with it. Lol

This morning I woke up with my heart pounding after dreaming that I was helping my parents move--they were both younger and healthy and in reality that was decades ago!

Now, make one of them a clerk at a Cinnabon, in an indoor shopping mall deep in the Australian Outback. You're driving along a major interstate freeway in .... let's say ..... Maine, you make a turn off an exit ramp and next thing you know you're driving through the concourse of the shopping mall, into the elevator, then pull up at the Cinnabon, order seafood from whichever parent, then find yourself eating that seafood in a school cafeteria, but it's a school you've never heard of in a state you've never been to.

That's just a small sample of the kind of thing I'm talking about.

And no, I don't eat a load of bad mushrooms before bedtime.

Now, make one of them a clerk at a Cinnabon, in an indoor shopping mall deep in the Australian Outback. You're driving along a major interstate freeway in .... let's say ..... Maine, you make a turn off an exit ramp and next thing you know you're driving through the concourse of the shopping mall, into the elevator, then pull up at the Cinnabon, order seafood from whichever parent, then find yourself eating that seafood in a school cafeteria, but it's a school you've never heard of in a state you've never been to.

That's just a small sample of the kind of thing I'm talking about.

And no, I don't eat a load of bad mushrooms before bedtime.

I've had some dreams (or nightmares) kind of like what you described!

I have had three dreams over my life that have been repeated. They are actually quiet eery.

One of them was me on the Titanic. I think I was a passenger and then I was running up the stairs and the water was rising up behind me. (You like when Jack and Rose are running up and then the water falls into that glass dome - my dream was like that). I ran up to the boat deck and there was music playing. It was cheerful and it was coming closer and going away. Then I hear babies crying and women sobbing... Then I wake up.

I have had that dream occur three times over my life. EXACTLY the same. It was really creepy/surreal/scary.

The other one was in the 18th century. I was at an opera house, in one of the boxes (you know above everyone else, near the middle) and Mozart's Marriage of Figaro is playing in the background. People around me, talking, laughing, etc. and I just sat there watching the opera.

This one has happened twice. I its bizarre as each of these dreams occur every once few years and that they are actually quite clear, I mean I swear I can feel the water touching my shoes.

I told my mum that and she told her friends that and some of the who are quite superstitious say that these flashbacks are clues to the lives that I previously lived.

The last one happens the most is when I am at LV and I am literally buying everything I see. About to swipe the credit card, and well my alarm goes off!!

I wonder what these dreams mean.. I mean they are really creepy and ALL in the past.. Anyone can explain?