Hardware size comparison

Oct 23, 2012
Hi, I'm fairly new to Balenciaga. Just got my first one :biggrin: I prefer the regular hardware over the Giant (G21?). I'm looking at a bag that has the G12. I don't have any way to see in person first. I'm wondering how much size difference there is. I've tried searching TPF and the internet to no avail. Can anyone provide me side by side pics, especially up close, of the regular and G21, please? Or if someone knows where this is posted already either here or the internet, I would appreciate knowing where I can find it. TIA

Last edited:
I don't have a picture to post, but I am also a big fan of the regular hardware too.! It was the only hardware that I would purchase in the past. That said, I DO love the new G12 hardware. It is does not appear much larger to my eyes than the regular hardware; now, I have actually 6 bags with the G12. The G21 is quite a bit larger, and many around here prefer it to the G12. You probably already are aware of this, but the G12 and the G21 do not have the tassels on them just in case that is a deal breaker for you. Hope this helps!

I don't have a picture to post, but I am also a big fan of the regular hardware too.! It was the only hardware that I would purchase in the past. That said, I DO love the new G12 hardware. It is does not appear much larger to my eyes than the regular hardware; now, I have actually 6 bags with the G12. The G21 is quite a bit larger, and many around here prefer it to the G12. You probably already are aware of this, but the G12 and the G21 do not have the tassels on them just in case that is a deal breaker for you. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the response! The G12 and the regular look really close to me as well but it's hard to know for sure if they aren't side by side. So if the bag has tassels (and yes, I do love them but wouldn't say it's a deal breaker), then it's definitely regular hardware?

Is it pre-loved? I'm asking because if it has tassels then it should be regular hardware. There is no rule though that says someone could have added tassels to the G12 or G21 zipper pulls.

I really don't think you will mind the G12 in terms of size and weight of the bag. G21 hardware does add weight to some styles such as the part time.

Is it pre-loved? I'm asking because if it has tassels then it should be regular hardware. There is no rule though that says someone could have added tassels to the G12 or G21 zipper pulls.

I really don't think you will mind the G12 in terms of size and weight of the bag. G21 hardware does add weight to some styles such as the part time.

It is pre-loved but from what I've been able to find out it came with the tassels. I'm not concerned about the weight. I have some pretty heavy bags. LOL! It's more about the looked. I prefer the smaller hardware. If there's not a lot of difference between the regular and the G12 then I'm probably okay.

It is pre-loved but from what I've been able to find out it came with the tassels. I'm not concerned about the weight. I have some pretty heavy bags. LOL! It's more about the looked. I prefer the smaller hardware. If there's not a lot of difference between the regular and the G12 then I'm probably okay.

Hopefully, someone will post a picture for you to see the size difference. I don't want you to be disappointed. Most likely, if it has tassels it is the regular hardware on the bag.

Now, the other concern I have for you is the condition of the bag since you cannot preview it before purchasing. I am not brave enough to do that! It could have dark, nasty handles, badly rubbed corners, etc. it's pretty risky to buy preloved without seeing or getting it authenticated first. Sorry.....I don't want you to have a bad experience.:shrugs:

Hopefully, someone will post a picture for you to see the size difference. I don't want you to be disappointed. Most likely, if it has tassels it is the regular hardware on the bag.

Now, the other concern I have for you is the condition of the bag since you cannot preview it before purchasing. I am not brave enough to do that! It could have dark, nasty handles, badly rubbed corners, etc. it's pretty risky to buy preloved without seeing or getting it authenticated first. Sorry.....I don't want you to have a bad experience.:shrugs:

I appreciate all your advice! :smile: The bag I have now was purchased pre-loved. I had it authenticated here on TPF. It looks brand new! Better than her pics actually. I know I got very lucky. I planned to have this one authenticated as well but I'm waiting for the seller to post additional pics so I can have that done. I was hoping to solve the issue with the hardware. If it's too large, I wouldn't purchase so I don't want to waste someone's time having it authenticated. Hopefully someone will post some pics like you said. Thanks for all of your help!

Oh goodness! I didn't mean to imply that pre-loved is bad. I was under the impression that you didn't have any pictures, etc. Sounds like you know what to do! I wish you the best!

Oh goodness! I didn't mean to imply that pre-loved is bad. I was under the impression that you didn't have any pictures, etc. Sounds like you know what to do! I wish you the best!

No, I didn't take it that way. It is hard sometimes to know what you're getting even if you are looking at pictures. I knew what you meant :smile: At this point I'm most concerned with the size of the hardware. I'm just trying to make sure they aren't too big for me.

On the left (Latte City) is G12 in Rose gold, on the right (Ardoise City) is G21 in Rose gold. The orange Day bag is regular hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 209