LoVe bracelet for 30th....

Mpassan03

O.G.
Apr 18, 2009
I am planning in getting a YG love bracelet for my 30th :graucho: - for those of you that have it...

Have you gotten used to wearing it all the time. I plan to wear all the time as the SA said taking it off will ruin it and be very $$$$$ to fix. I usually take off ALL my jewelry when working out and sleeping....

Also I have a medium Cartier BB that I wear on my left hand. The SA said wearing my love with the watch could ruin the bracelet (where the sapphire sticks out will dig into the bracelet). He said it is usually worn on the right wrist. I typically wear my bracelets in the right and could stack the love. However,I am write handed and type/write a lot for work.

What do you all prefer?? I am getting the 16 - he said that's my size -slides down my hand a little. The 17 slid too much and he said it would bug me when on the computer.

Just want to get opinions before taking the plunge!! All feedback is appreciated!

I am planning in getting a YG love bracelet for my 30th :graucho: - for those of you that have it...

Have you gotten used to wearing it all the time. I plan to wear all the time as the SA said taking it off will ruin it and be very $$$$$ to fix. I usually take off ALL my jewelry when working out and sleeping....

Also I have a medium Cartier BB that I wear on my left hand. The SA said wearing my love with the watch could ruin the bracelet (where the sapphire sticks out will dig into the bracelet). He said it is usually worn on the right wrist. I typically wear my bracelets in the right and could stack the love. However,I am write handed and type/write a lot for work.

What do you all prefer?? I am getting the 16 - he said that's my size -slides down my hand a little. The 17 slid too much and he said it would bug me when on the computer.

Just want to get opinions before taking the plunge!! All feedback is appreciated!

I do not have the bracelet but have the cuff. So I can kinda give you some info.
I wear my watch on my left hand and do not stack anything with it! I fear of scratching up my watch or jewelry.
My right arm I usually wear Hermes KDT and my LOVE cuff or Hermes clic clac. I like to preserve my jewelry so they shine brightly in the light! LOL. I have the freedom to take off my cuff when I go to sleep or do anything physical. Thats the plus side of wearing the cuff. I wear size 19 and I like it loose. I have heard that people usually get a size up or 2 just cuz if their wrist swells during the weathers. Also you purchase a wrist sweat band that those sport people wear so you dont bang your love during writing, typing or any physical activities. Please read the Cartier discussion. there is tons of info that can help.

I'm don't like wearing jewelery all the time. I don't even bother to wear my wedding ring sometime.
But, love bracelet is the one thing that stays on for 2 years. It is the best investment I've ever made, considering that I've been using it every single day.

I used to not like wearing my jewelry and sometimes even when I was working needed to take of my jewelry especially my watch. I used to wear a big round Michele which I guess could be similar to your BB in terms of size. I never once felt the need to take off this bangle. I take everything else off without an issue. As for layering I didn't like them together and even with bangles I use buffering bracelets. I end up wearing watch on right hand and bracelets on the other and write with my right. I'm size 16. Ironically trying to figure out what Bb size to wear lol. While I was told to not to Wear watch on right to protect the watch bracelet, it was more important to protect the love for me

I am in the same boat as you! I have a medium BB watch I got last year for my 30th and decided to get the love this year. I am between two sizes. I ordered one and it fits but it only slides up 1.5 inches up my arm. On my wrist it doesn't feel too tight or anything but my arm is quite rough after my wrist. Thinking of going up one size but not sure if it will be too big. I also type a lot so I am hoping it won't get in the way but thinking it might be nice to be able to push up a bit so it's not in the way

You'll get past the fear of scratching it or even noticing that you're wearing it after the first month. The biggest adjustment I had to make was my habit of resting my head on my forearm when I sleep or watch telly on the couch. The bracelet prevents me from doing this comfortably. I keep it on my right and wear my watch on my left. I'm not big into stacking and usually wear each piece alone. (This has kept me from loading up on CDCs, which is probably a good thing!) I honestly love the larger look of the 17 on me (I like how much farther up my arm it goes when wearing casual outfits) but wound up with a 16 since I wear it continuously. I type a lot and having the 17 dangling down like a bangle would drive me nuts. I wear long sleeves (when I need to look profesh) and I can't push the 17 up my arm with long sleeved dress shirts. A snug fit is more suitable if you plan to wear it 24/7, I think.

I thought the LOVE was quite heavy at first but after a while I forgot I had it on my wrist. I have traveled extensively and gone to spin religiously and never had to take it off. I haven't taken it off since my DH put it on ;) It has become my pseudo-wedding ring since I can't wear my wr all the time (eternity band).

An early congrats on your 30th!

Last edited:
I wear my Love on my left arm with my Cartier Santos watch. I never take the bracelet off. That is sort of the point of the bracelet...you are not supposed to remove it. Your love is supposed to keep the screwdriver and lock it onto you. Only they can remove it. That is the whole concept. You can read about it online. You will be fine. Buy the bracelet tighter as it is supposed to be snug and not slide around. I wear my watch closer to my hand and the bracelet is higher on my wrist. If the thought of wearing the bracelet all the time bothers you then buy the cuff. Also the bracelet will scratch it is gold. If you want to keep it pristine and remove it daily the cuff would be the way to go. Hope that helps a bit...enjoy and happy birthday!!!!

I just got my love last month and I wear it everyday and I don't foresee taking it off. It fits really well, not too big and not too small. The only thing I had to get used to was the arm it is on. I never realized I slept with this arm under my head, so had to stop that. Other than that, no issues. I wear it alone but I plan on getting either the cuff or another bracelet to stack with. I wear mine on the right, but I don't wear a watch daily.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I don't fear the scratches- the first one on my BB was rough but I got over it and LOVE my watch. Used to feel big but again, got used to it.

I think the sliding down would drive me nuts. I think it would just be an adjustment but I could get used to it. I usually have to wear blazers at work or on "casual" days, cardigans and/or long sleeves.

When I saw it in the store, I loved it even more then I thought I would!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I don't fear the scratches- the first one on my BB was rough but I got over it and LOVE my watch. Used to feel big but again, got used to it.

I think the sliding down would drive me nuts. I think it would just be an adjustment but I could get used to it. I usually have to wear blazers at work or on "casual" days, cardigans and/or long sleeves.

When I saw it in the store, I loved it even more then I thought I would!

I have the size 16 also and have been wearing it for 8 years, never taken it off. It fits comfortably. I wear it on my left so I can play tennis, and do other sports without worrying about it. I even play volleyball with it on. Just wear a wristband over it. I don't even wear my wedding ring or engagement ring 24/7, but this bracelet stays on. I don't wear a watch anymore. When I do, I wear it on my right wrist. You will love it and get used to it after a couple of months.

When I first bought my Love I remember having a moment of panic at the idea that I couldn't take it off (I am a bit claustrophobic) but I ended up getting used to it really quickly. Within a few days I didn't even think about it being on my wrist. It just becomes a part of you and you forget about it. Aside from my Love, I don't wear any other jewellery 24/7. I always take my rings, watch, necklaces off every night when I get home but I don't think twice about my Love.

About stacking with your watch... my SA told me the same thing so I wear my Love on my right hand. I do stack it with other bracelets sometimes but that has resulted in quite a few scratches. I don't mind the scratches but tend to not stack all that often mainly because I don't want it to get destroyed...

I am thinking of getting a Love soon as well and I would love some feedback too. I am worried about choosing a color. I wear almost all white gold jewelry and also have a stainless watch with a diamond bezel. But the white Love just doesn't stand out for me. I was thinking of a RG or WG but I'm worried about mixing the metals. Do a lot of you do this? And I also assumed I would wear with my watch but now I'm thinking I would wear it on my right arm (especially if I don't get WG). I do have one diamonds by the yard bracelet in WG that I wear on that wrist every day. Would that look crazy with a RG or YG Love??

I am thinking of getting a Love soon as well and I would love some feedback too. I am worried about choosing a color. I wear almost all white gold jewelry and also have a stainless watch with a diamond bezel. But the white Love just doesn't stand out for me. I was thinking of a RG or WG but I'm worried about mixing the metals. Do a lot of you do this? And I also assumed I would wear with my watch but now I'm thinking I would wear it on my right arm (especially if I don't get WG). I do have one diamonds by the yard bracelet in WG that I wear on that wrist every day. Would that look crazy with a RG or YG Love??
I was concerned about the same thing before i got my YG love in April 2013. My rings are either white gold or platinum & my watch is a ss Tank Francais. I wear my watch on my left wrist & love bracelet on my right wrist. It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, i am about to get a second YG love to stack. Good luck deciding!