Daria Owners ~ Help Please

GillianAnnie

Dec 28, 2012
Hi all

It's been a while since I posted (and my collection has grown) but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience of removing scratches from the Daria disc? I got a blue Daria Satchel for Christmas and have used it a lot and now the disc has a fair amount of scratching. I think it's superficial so might polish out but I don't know if the silver colour is solid or if it's a brass disc sprayed in shiny silver. If it's the latter I would worry about polishing the silver colour completely off! I know this is probably going to happen with use and the only way to really stop it is to never use the bag, but that defeats the object of having it. I'm very careful and it's not very noticeable to anyone else but I'm a bit paranoid about perfection. I might have to ring Mulberry to ask their advice but thought I would try here first.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

It's been a while since I posted (and my collection has grown) but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience of removing scratches from the Daria disc? I got a blue Daria Satchel for Christmas and have used it a lot and now the disc has a fair amount of scratching. I think it's superficial so might polish out but I don't know if the silver colour is solid or if it's a brass disc sprayed in shiny silver. If it's the latter I would worry about polishing the silver colour completely off! I know this is probably going to happen with use and the only way to really stop it is to never use the bag, but that defeats the object of having it. I'm very careful and it's not very noticeable to anyone else but I'm a bit paranoid about perfection. I might have to ring Mulberry to ask their advice but thought I would try here first.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I have a daria hobo and it has very light hairline scratches. I just use a polishing cloth (with no products on) to wipe over on mine and it buffs up nicely

Luckily I only have light scatches but if they ever got really bad then I know Mulberry can replace the plaque for a small fee

Some of the other ladies on here may be able to advise more if you was needing to use a product on it ?

x

I had to send mine back for some tarnishing on the zip fob, I mentioned to the SA at the time I'd like the plaque replaced too as it had some very light scratches on it. They quoted me £25, however they actually did it free if charge.

I know there have been a few threads on this subject as some were concerned it was a fault and they scratched too easily.

I think it you try to polish it out, it may affect your warranty, try Mulberry first

Either way, its worth having done as the bag is like new and I think £25 is very good value even if done outside warranty.

Thanks ladies. I doubt it would be worth having it replaced after only 4 months as it would probably just happen again and I would have to have a new disc every time I used it! It's good to know that Mulberry do this though so thanks for that advice. I wonder if the silver colour scratches easier than the gold? Does anyone know if the disc is a solid colour or brass underneath?

I have one with a silver disc & it does have a few surface scratches I think that this is just the nature of this bag. I don't know if it is brass underneath but I would definitely not try to polish it I would just use it & have it replaced just before the warranty runs out. :oh:

I have one with a silver disc & it does have a few surface scratches I think that this is just the nature of this bag. I don't know if it is brass underneath but I would definitely not try to polish it I would just use it & have it replaced just before the warranty runs out. :oh:

Never thought of that ;) thanks!

For anyone who is interested in this, I phoned my local Mulberry store this morning and was told that if the bag is less than a year old they will change the hardware free of charge, *no matter how many times it needs doing*. I was very surprised to hear this and a bit gutted I didn't realise this before my Valentine Alexa was out of warranty, as it has a few hairline scratches on the lock. Apparently the Daria is prone to scratching, as anyone who owns one will know, as the surface area is quite large, but if you have one that is not a year old it's worthwhile to know you can replace the disc if needs be.

For anyone who is interested in this, I phoned my local Mulberry store this morning and was told that if the bag is less than a year old they will change the hardware free of charge, *no matter how many times it needs doing*. I was very surprised to hear this and a bit gutted I didn't realise this before my Valentine Alexa was out of warranty, as it has a few hairline scratches on the lock. Apparently the Daria is prone to scratching, as anyone who owns one will know, as the surface area is quite large, but if you have one that is not a year old it's worthwhile to know you can replace the disc if needs be.

Yes under a year old they will replace lockplate if it's scratched and carry out repairs FOC. I have a gold disk on mine and have had the bag probably 3 years or so but only had it renewed once. Well worth doing for £25-£30.

I had the lockplate replaced probably a year ago but don't have any further scratches at all. I do have quite a few bags and rotate them but iv would say this is one of my most abused bags and haven't really had any probs with it

That's interesting to know thank you and do you know if this is only for darias or other bags? I have a midnight alexa for about 3 months and have scratches on the front lock plate which really annoying me , will they replace that free of charge too? Thanks in advance

Yes under a year old they will replace lockplate if it's scratched and carry out repairs FOC. I have a gold disk on mine and have had the bag probably 3 years or so but only had it renewed once. Well worth doing for £25-£30.

I had the lockplate replaced probably a year ago but don't have any further scratches at all. I do have quite a few bags and rotate them but iv would say this is one of my most abused bags and haven't really had any probs with it

That will explain why they did mine FOC as it was within warranty, also the new plaque and zip have had their warranties extended for a further 12 months

That's interesting to know thank you and do you know if this is only for darias or other bags? I have a midnight alexa for about 3 months and have scratches on the front lock plate which really annoying me , will they replace that free of charge too? Thanks in advance

Yes they should do :biggrin:

Yes any bag (or product) is covered.

That will explain why they did mine FOC as it was within warranty, also the new plaque and zip have had their warranties extended for a further 12 months

Fab! I know people complain about Mulberry a lot but I actually think they're a great company with great products and my experience of their customer service has been excellent.