True Blood - Season 7 Finale Season

FreeSpirit71

I don't think so...
O.G.
Oct 9, 2010
I'm not crying, really....:crybaby::sad::shucks::cry::rain:

tumblr_n3h8g3QVqc1ql39g0o1_1280_zps0c2210d5.jpg

Pay your last respects. #TrueBlood’s final season begins June 22nd at 9pm. #TrueBloodForever
Source: TrueBlood on Facebook

Yeah, the script writing was sometimes dodgy but this is just really sad.

The seventh and final season of True Blood will kick off Sunday, June 22, at 9 p.m., HBO announced on Thursday. Also set to debut in June? The Leftovers, the network's highly anticipated new drama from lost boss Damon Lindelof that stars Justin Theroux, which will debut on Sunday, June 15, at 10 p.m., right after the Game of Thrones season four finale. Well played, HBO. Well played!
In addition to revealing the beginning of TB's end, HBO also unleashed the first teaser for the final season, which you can watch below. Warning: you may want to grab a sweater because it's a little chilling!

In the creepy promo, we take a virtual walk through Bon Temps' graveyard and look back on some of the characters we've lost along the way. (Still miss you, Terry!) But the final tombstone we see belongs to the show itself!
True Blood's seven-year run will wrap this summer with 10 episodes, with HBO president Michael Lombardo promising fans "a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show."

"True Blood has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,"Lombardo said in a statement after the show's ending was announced. "Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show."

True Blood's final season kicks off on Sunday, June 22 on HBO.

Source: http://www.eonline.com/news/528159/t...eepy-promo-now

Don't know if I feel sad that it's ending or relieved. The last few seasons have been kind of lackluster. It's like they're stretching things a little too far trying to find a big bad for each season. Hopefully I will like how they end the show because I hated how Charlaine Harris ended the book series. Either way, I will be watching every week with dh as I always do. I just hope it's worth watching.

I agree. The writing at times hasn't done justice to either the characters nor the actors. But, I've been watching it from the beginning and will watch the finale for closure.

And oy, don't get me started on the ending of the books.

Don't know if I feel sad that it's ending or relieved. The last few seasons have been kind of lackluster. It's like they're stretching things a little too far trying to find a big bad for each season. Hopefully I will like how they end the show because I hated how Charlaine Harris ended the book series. Either way, I will be watching every week with dh as I always do. I just hope it's worth watching.

I definitely feel sad, although some seasons were better than others, it was always better than most of what is on tv. I'm not ready for it to end. :sad:

Hopefully it will not end as the books did, they seem to know how disappointed readers were, I have hope they'll go in a different direction and give a more satisfying ending!

I like this show from the start but I must say the last season wasn't very exciting to me, I hope next and final season would be better.

Nah, Eric Northman (per the writers, not the actor) had his biggest moments in Seasons 2, 3 and 4. Particularly 2 and 3. Excellent, character revealing scenes. Since then, his character has been eroded by writing inconsistencies.

But I'm hanging around to round out my viewing. By all accounts, Askars has very few scenes per episode this season, which is a shame as there's no doubt he's the breakout star from the show.

Nah, Eric Northman (per the writers, not the actor) had his biggest moments in Seasons 2, 3 and 4. Particularly 2 and 3. Excellent, character revealing scenes. Since then, his character has been eroded by writing inconsistencies.

But I'm hanging around to round out my viewing. By all accounts, Askars has very few scenes per episode this season, which is a shame as there's no doubt he's the breakout star from the show.

Oh I would put Eric of this past season on the level of those earlier 2 & 3 , outside of season 4, which didn't thrill me as much as it should have. 5 and 6 meh. Season 6 gave him a chance to showcase his brains, heart and ruthlessness all in one. It was an excellent season for him and very true to the original character. For me season 6 was Eric back in form as I fell for his character early on. Only wish it could have been longer.

So there's a difference of opinion for you. :P