Trying to make a decision! Need help!

RKDubs

Sloths and Sparkles
Mar 9, 2013
Hi everyone!

I am trying to decide on my next bag... So far I like the following LVs:

Artsy MM Empreinte in either Earth or Black
or the
Arsty MM in monogram (however, I do have the following pieces in monogram: stresa, tivoli, speedy, totally, horizontal batignolles & I do have the evora in DE)

There is an LV store close to me, so I could try the bag on and see if it works. I do love the experience of going to the actual store, but I have a few LV bags so I am wondering if maybe I should branch out and try another designer?

I know I'm on the LV Forum, but I was thinking about Chanel... I really like the Chanel Cambon Multipocket Reporter, however is that a "younger" bag? I am 29, but I do really like it. I also like leather Gucci Sukey bags and leather Gucci Pelham bags. I am not opposed to buying pre-loved from a website like Yoogi's Closet or Fashionphile (although I admittedly have never done that).

Anyway -- what do people think? Should I stick with LV that I can buy in store after trying on (so I would have to choose which Artsy), or venture into pre-loved land to explore Chanel, or lastly, try something from Gucci?

Any thoughts? I can't spend more than $5,000, and less would be better of course :smile:

Thanks so much!

You had me at Chanel.

Haha I love the Cambon reporter! And I think it works for all ages but does depend on your style I guess. I do like the artsy and this is a close second behind the Chanel. The mono is pretty pricey and you already have a lot in mono so I'd vote Empreinte in noir!

You had me at Chanel.

Haha I love the Cambon reporter! And I think it works for all ages but does depend on your style I guess. I do like the artsy and this is a close second behind the Chanel. The mono is pretty pricey and you already have a lot in mono so I'd vote Empreinte in noir!

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm a doctoral student and my style varies from study-casual to academic presentations-business dressy. I really like the Cambon reporter too, but I'd have to buy pre loved from Yoogis or Fashionphile -- have you used them before? I'm really torn! The Chanel is different tho... Hmm!

Fun dilemma :smile:

Artsy in noir since you already have other mono bags. I personally am not loving that particular Chanel bag. Gucci is always a good choice too but they do have sales and you can always add them to your collection later on.

thanks for the input everyone! i think i'm definitely gonna try the Arsty Noir first to see how it feels, looks, etc. if i love it -- that will be my pick :smile:

Ok, so I got a little rebellious and ordered the Chanel Cambon Reporter. I have been lusting over a "casual" Chanel for awhile now that fits my life style. I think this bag will definitely suit me and complement my collection. I'll post a pic when she arrives! Thanks!

I just purchased a Chanel I was very pleased with my bag and my SA at NM. I still adore and use my LV but I wanted to expand my horizons and try someone else's leather!

Congrats! You should post a pic in the Chanel thread once you receive her!

I just purchased a Chanel I was very pleased with my bag and my SA at NM. I still adore and use my LV but I wanted to expand my horizons and try someone else's leather!

Congrats! You should post a pic in the Chanel thread once you receive her!
Good idea! I totally will! She is pre-loved and I am thrilled to add her to my collection. It is exciting to try something new :smile:

Did you post a pic of your new Chanel?

Ok, so I got a little rebellious and ordered the Chanel Cambon Reporter. I have been lusting over a "casual" Chanel for awhile now that fits my life style. I think this bag will definitely suit me and complement my collection. I'll post a pic when she arrives! Thanks!

Can't wait to see your reveal! Congrats!!