Sooo upset!!

zuzu717

Sep 19, 2013
I was at Toys r Us about an hour ago and happened to glance at my Speedy handles and a small chip on my handle caught my eye :sad:
It looks like the leather has been chipped and looks like it can peel. I know for sure that it wasn't there earlier today. I don't have any idea how it happened. So my question is can LV fix this one spot on the leather or would I have to get the whole handle replaced? Tried to get a good pic of it :sad:

Attachments

• 1399085659549.jpg
    1399085659549.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 971
You don't sound rude at all. My issue with it is that a small part of it is lifted and looks like it has the potential to chip more. You can't really see that from the pic.
It would be upsetting.. but i would put a tiny dot of permanent texta in matching color to hide the spot, works well with the piping aswell.. It won't bother you as much.. then maybe one day replace the handles if you need. I don't think it will get worse because it is very very tiny. GL x

What a drag :sad:
The good news is that it doesn't look bad or obvious. To anyone else, they probably wouldn't notice.

I wouldn't worry about replacing the handles unless it became much worse.

I agree try doing a little make up job yourself. I am pretty sure to repair they will probably have to replace the handle. I know how you feel because my bags are very dear to me.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I totally understand ur situation! It happened exactly the same to my tadao two days ago! The leather chipped and scratches on the hardware! I didn't even know that the leather could be chipped! But i think ur handle doesn't look bad at all, people don't even notice it! Take it easy cuz I get over about my bag already lol

This happened numerous times to my DE speedy 35 due to the nature of the treated / glazed handles. The marks didn't ever get any worse. However, if it does for you I would THEN consider replacing. Not right now :smile:
Really sorry it happened though :sad: x

Thank you all for your responses. Yeah it's not that big but it's noticeable because it stands out against the brown handles. I would just hate for it to get bigger. Does anyone know what I can use to prevent that. Would a leather repair kit work? TIA...

I wouldn't do anything and I am extremely OCD with my bags. In a few days you probably won't notice it.
Be aware of evil shopping carts. There are always sharp spots or "burrs" at connection points. I either carry my bag or set on my jacket.

I wouldn't do anything and I am extremely OCD with my bags. In a few days you probably won't notice it.
Be aware of evil shopping carts. There are always sharp spots or "burrs" at connection points. I either carry my bag or set on my jacket.

Okay. Thanks for that! Hopefully I will stop thinking about it. Lol