Flap Sizes

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
Ok so can someone please help me with the sizes on Classic Flaps? I am looking to buy my first flap but so confused about sizing.
I am in Australia and have seen at the boutique 4 sizes -
small
medium
Large
Jumbo

But it seems in US that you dont have large?

I have been all over the internet and cannot find an accurate current size chart - I guess I am really asking is the Large size in Australia what they call Jumbo size in US?

Is there a reliable size chart available?
Thank you in advance :smile:

No. In the US is

Small/Medium 9 in
Medium/Large 10 in
Jumbo 12in
Maxi 13in

There is a reference sticky at the top of the forum with a thread with all codes & dimensions. Not sure if in Australia they call the M/L large or the Jumbo large but if you ask the dimensions or give the code you can't go wrong.

ETA: Linked the thread for you.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...mensions-of-the-timeless-classics-485001.html

Thank you it is just so confusing. I am struggling to find any large - so debating between medium or jumbo - I am not very tall but also not petite either (an average sized lady) so really trying to find the right size.
Local boutique has been little help - service is not so good there sad to say.

I am also from Sydney and only started purchasing Chanel recently.

When I am at the boutique in Sydney, the SA's I have spoken to make reference to European sizing, that is, medium (US s/m), large (US m/l), jumbo and maxi. There is no small.

And there seems to be no standard/consistency in what is considered a mini. I have had a SA refer to a rectangular mini as a 'small' and the square mini as a 'baby'.

Hope that helps a little and that I haven't confuse you at all!

I am also from Sydney and only started purchasing Chanel recently.

When I am at the boutique in Sydney, the SA's I have spoken to make reference to European sizing, that is, medium (US s/m), large (US m/l), jumbo and maxi. There is no small.

And there seems to be no standard/consistency in what is considered a mini. I have had a SA refer to a rectangular mini as a 'small' and the square mini as a 'baby'.

Hope that helps a little and that I haven't confuse you at all!

Ok so I am looking at buying a pre-loved Chanel Flap from US - and they call it a medium flap - but it is 10 inches wide - so is that our European (Aussie) Large?

In US we have ..
Mini
Small
Medium/Large
Jumbo
Maxi.

I also heard (not sure 100%yet) that CHANEL is planing to eliminate the "jumbo name" and call it now Large. So that might be the reason why they told you small, medium, large and jumbo?. Hth😉

Ok so I am looking at buying a pre-loved Chanel Flap from US - and they call it a medium flap - but it is 10 inches wide - so is that our European (Aussie) Large?

Yes, the 10 inch is European/Australian large.

I'm curious as to why they haven't kept the name of sizing consistent worldwide. It would be a lot easier!

I think the issue is that in the boutiques the staff call the bags by a certain name yet the majority of us Chanel lovers call them by another for some strange reason. Sometimes when you speak to a new SA they are not even familiar with the term WOC, then when you explain what you want they advise you it is actually called the O-Mini Bag, they can try to call it what they want but as far as everyone that buys the items, we still tend to stick to the names we have always used.

In terms of flaps here in the UK, we have the Small, Medium, Jumbo and Maxi, you can also add into that list the Extra Mini, Mini and Square Mini. To be on the safe side I always refer to the size of the item and ideally the product code to avoid any confusion, hopefully these codes will help you.
Extra Mini Flap (A65050)
Mini Flap (A69900)
Square Mini Flap (A35200)
Small Flap (A01113)
Medium Flap (A01112)
Jumbo Flap (A58600)
Maxi Flap (A58601)

I also heard (not sure 100%yet) that CHANEL is planing to eliminate the "jumbo name" and call it now Large. So that might be the reason why they told you small, medium, large and jumbo?. Hth😉

She did not seem to know a lot, I am thinking she mentioned small & really meant the mini, she did not show us that one but mentioned it, but she did get out the medium and large and compared them side by side - they were quite different - the difference between the large and she then showed us the Jumbo.

Yes, the 10 inch is European/Australian large.

I'm curious as to why they haven't kept the name of sizing consistent worldwide. It would be a lot easier!

I know - I was going to buy my new bag from the boutique in about a month, but now with the price increase being rumoured for 30% it has put it out of my reach, so I am looking at buying pre-loved instead as I have previously from Yoogis.

But the sizing is confusing as I am reading it in US terms and trying to see how that relates to what I saw in the Australian Store !!!

I know - I was going to buy my new bag from the boutique in about a month, but now with the price increase being rumoured for 30% it has put it out of my reach, so I am looking at buying pre-loved instead as I have previously from Yoogis.

But the sizing is confusing as I am reading it in US terms and trying to see how that relates to what I saw in the Australian Store !!!

I know! The rumours also got to me and I brought forward my purchase haha

Best of luck finding exactly what you want!