Review on 14p dark silver reissue?

purse_gaga

Jan 26, 2011
Hi ladies,

I have an opportunity to own this baby-- a 14p dark silver reissue. I have been combing the forum to see if anyone has left some comments on their assessment of the bag's quality and durability, but have found none. It will have been my first Chanel in true metallic, so I would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!

Here are some pictures.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398784028.894234.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398784069.270806.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398784200.511555.jpg

I just bought a very similar one, the same leather same season, only in different color. Mine is in rose gold/champagne metallic. Having been using the bag for about one week, I think it is pretty and easy to maintain. Although it's lamb skin, it is more carefree than the normal lamb skin ones because of the metallic appearance. My SA told me it does not have the wrinkle looking and it will not peel. Congrats on your new baby!

I have to say this bag is gorgeous.

I picked up this color and the silver in my local boutique and was trying it on when SA whispered gently it's NOT for 'daily use'. I probe further.
She said do expect some peeling or rubbing off at the corners.
This is a delicate bag.
That's when I decided not to buy it. Seriously my heart ache cos I really like the Reissue that comes without the distressed look. This 'smooth' finish caught my heart.
But well, I am not going to plonk 5k into a bag which may have problems later.
Now that's what I know and this is from one SA.
But I have read threads here on metallic finishes before.

There have been threads discussing on metallic finishes in Chanel bags.

Others with metallic bags can chime in.

I love metallics I wish CHANEL would do something when corners would start fading 😣. Anyhow, the bag is stunning!
Hi ladies,

I have an opportunity to own this baby-- a 14p dark silver reissue. I have been combing the forum to see if anyone has left some comments on their assessment of the bag's quality and durability, but have found none. It will have been my first Chanel in true metallic, so I would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!

Here are some pictures.

View attachment 2597693

View attachment 2597694

View attachment 2597696

The color is stunning. Plus this color is a neutral with just enough oomph to give a plain outfit a boost. I could wear this to the office with my business attire (bc silhouette is classic and dark grey makes it just subdued enough) aaand I could wear it for a night out...you should get it....versatile.

I've been debating whether to get the gold one and wondering the same thing! But this dark silver is so much prettier!!! I've been told by 2 SAs that it's not as delicate but they could just be saying that. Can I ask where this dark silver is available? I'm over the gold now that I've seen this color haha