Dooney return time?

suntenya

Dec 1, 2013
Has anyone returned something they bought off the Dooney site? How long does it typically take to be refunded?

I found out I need to return a bag I bought off the site because I spent a little too much money! And I am hoping they refund fairly quickly. :shucks: Ahh I hate when this happens!

That same thing is getting ready to happen to me. I don't need to be spending the money right now but it's like I am completely obsessed with getting a certain bag that I know I won't be at peace until I order it. I want it so bad.

But to answer your question, I'm sorry I don't know anything about their returns.

That same thing is getting ready to happen to me. I don't need to be spending the money right now but it's like I am completely obsessed with getting a certain bag that I know I won't be at peace until I order it. I want it so bad.

But to answer your question, I'm sorry I don't know anything about their returns.
I know exactly what you mean! I ended up returning my black Camilla today. I absolutely love the idea of the bag, but I was not in love with it when I got it and saw it in person. The strap wasn't quite long enough and it was too big to hold on the crook of my arm all day. The leather is also so fragile. I read it gets scratched easily. So I didn't want to have to baby it all the time. For an expensive bag like that, I really have to love it. At least that is what I told myself to feel better about returning it. :girlsigh:

I know exactly what you mean! I ended up returning my black Camilla today. I absolutely love the idea of the bag, but I was not in love with it when I got it and saw it in person. The strap wasn't quite long enough and it was too big to hold on the crook of my arm all day. The leather is also so fragile. I read it gets scratched easily. So I didn't want to have to baby it all the time. For an expensive bag like that, I really have to love it. At least that is what I told myself to feel better about returning it. :girlsigh:

March of this year is when I first saw the Dooney Florentine satchel. Before then, and I have no idea why, I had never paid much attention to the brand. However the shape and size of that thing caught my eye. Then I went to a Macy's so I could actually put my hands on it to see if I really liked it as much as I thought I would. Well I feel completely in love and the rest is history. I purchased my first Dooney, the medium Florentine satchel in natural, which is also the nicest, most expensive handbag I have ever owned.

Admittedly, I didn't do much research on the specifics of Florentine leather until AFTER I had purchased it. Not that it would have mattered, no way I was returning it. But in my research, I learned that the Dillen leather was more forgiving and durable against rain, scratches etc. I then found the medium Dillen satchel which is identical in looks and size to my beloved Florentine satchel. So two weeks after I got my Florentine, I found on the Dooney website that the medium Dillen satchel was on sale for $298 instead of $398. Being addicted to this quality of bag now, I ordered that to have to carry when the weather was bad or I was uncertain if I would be caught out in the rain.

However, NOW, I am wanting the medium Florentine satchel in lavender so bad I can't see straight. I had wanted the Tmoro or Bordeaux but decided that I would love that pop of color. Just a little bit ago I was looking at my accounts, crunching the numbers to see if I could make it comfortably work.

I will let you know what I decide!!!

Last edited:
Match of this year is when I first saw the Dooney Florentine satchel. Before then, and I have no idea why, I had never paid much attention to the brand. However the shape and size of that thing caught my eye. Then I went to a Macy's so I could actually put my hands on it to see if I really liked it as much as I thought I would. Well I feel completely in love and the rest is history. I purchased my first Dooney, the medium Florentine satchel in natural, which is also the nicest, most expensive handbag I have ever owned.

Admittedly, I didn't do much research on the specifics of Florentine leather until AFTER I had purchased it. Not that it would have mattered, no way I was returning it. But in my research, I learned that the Dillen leather was more forgiving and durable against rain, scratches etc. I then found the medium Dillen satchel which is identical in looks and size to my beloved Florentine satchel. So two weeks after I got my Florentine, I found on the Dooney website that the medium Dillen satchel was on sale for $298 instead of $398. Being addicted to this quality of bag now, I ordered that to have to carry when the weather was bad or I was uncertain if I would be caught out in the rain.

However, NOW, I am wanting the medium Florentine satchel in lavender so bad I can't see straight. I had wanted the Tmoro or Bordeaux but decided that I would love that pop of color. Just a little bit ago I was looking at my accounts, crunching the numbers to see if I could make it comfortably work.

Yes, let me know what you decide! I believe I did see the lavender flo on the ilovedooney site so you wouldn't have to pay full price. You might also find it at an outlet and phone order it. I believe that color is 50% off. If you call an outlet, I would recommend the *******, CT store or the Reading, PA store. They are both very experienced in phone orders and are patient and kind! If one doesn't have it you could try the other. Sorry if that only made you want to buy it more!! haha

Yes, let me know what you decide! I believe I did see the lavender flo on the ilovedooney site so you wouldn't have to pay full price. You might also find it at an outlet and phone order it. I believe that color is 50% off. If you call an outlet, I would recommend the *******, CT store or the Reading, PA store. They are both very experienced in phone orders and are patient and kind! If one doesn't have it you could try the other. Sorry if that only made you want to buy it more!! haha

Lol no don't be sorry. I am sorry for hijacking your thread! It's just I am new to this brand and am so in love with these handbags and I'm craving someone to discuss it with, my husband just isn't cutting it in discussing and sharing my interest and excitement over my new high end handbags lol.

In regards to what you mentioned about calling the outlet, does it matter that I reside many states away from CT?

Again I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Lol no don't be sorry. I am sorry for hijacking your thread! It's just I am new to this brand and am so in love with these handbags and I'm craving someone to discuss it with, my husband just isn't cutting it in discussing and sharing my interest and excitement over my new high end handbags lol.

In regards to what you mentioned about calling the outlet, does it matter that I reside many states away from CT?

Haha don't worry about it! I love talking with about this stuff! It doesn't matter if you live in another state. I don't have an outlet near me so when I hear about bags at a good price at the outlets I call up one of those and see if they have it and how much it is. They do a good job of describing it and will even send you a picture if you ask them. And then they ship it out to you. If it ships from their store is is $7.50 shipping and they use whatever the tax rate is of your state. I have had only good experiences with those two outlets. People have had bad experiences with others so those two are on our good list :smile: Please let me know if you have any other questions!!

The woman I spoke with at Reading is Veronica and the one at ******* is Pattie. But there are other nice employees there too.

Been there and live it every day -"crunching the numbers..." AND obsessing over a bag. Lol. Ugh!
:smile:

Ilovedooney has it for $244 so that is already less than the special on the Dooney site. I bet if an outlet has it, it's even cheaper!

Been there and live it every day -"crunching the numbers..." AND obsessing over a bag. Lol. Ugh!
:smile:

Ha ha. Yes, a lot of number crunching has been done today. I really need to show more self control but it's just not happening with this. I always thought to myself that it didn't matter what kind of handbag I carried as long as it got the job done. Never understood why anyone would get so caught up in one particular brand or spend hundreds of dollars on "just"
a handbag. Well........ NOW I KNOW WHY.

I really don't think I'll ever be able to carry any of my old rinky dink purses again. It's hard to describe how in love I fell with my florentine when I first discovered it and then when I went to check it out in person. I immediately understood why so many ladies love Dooney. Then two weeks later I even turned around and ordered a satchel in the Dillen leather that way I would still have a nice handbag to carry on rainy days or days my son has Tball games and we are at the field where things tend to get dirty. I am going to try my best to be mindful when I carry the Florentine leather.

I do have a question for someone with experience with Florentine leather, as I am just starting out on this road with all these nice leathers and what I do know is very minimal:
is there any kind of leather protectant that I should put on my nautural Florentine satchel? I didn't know if people normally did this and if they do, what kind do they use? Thank you in advance.

If Reading and ******* don't have it, they can check in the computer to see if any outlet has it or the warehouse.

I return here within a cloud of my own guilt yet busting with excitement. I did it. My mind is so distracting when I get stuck on something I want so bad so I went ahead and got it. I went on the Dooney website again to look at it to make sure it's what I truly wanted and I saw they actually had it marked down to $298 from $398. I don't know much about Dooney leathers but I didn't think they would ever put Florentines on sale. Do they do that often? I have much to learn. Anyways they had 4 or 5 colors of the medium Florentine satchel on sale and it must have been meant to be because lavender was one of them. The justification I did in my mind was that since it was $100 cheaper than I originally thought it was going to be,
that I should go ahead and take advantage in case it was a one day thing or something.

But yes, I ordered it. I'm very excited. However my husband will not be. Gonna have to stalk the crap out of the window to catch the delivery truck before they ring the doorbell.

Does anyone reading this happen to have seen a lavender satchel in person? If so, is it pretty true to color? Thank you in advance.

I believe lavender is at 65% if you can find one....that color was discontinued about a month or so ago, that's when I bought mine:graucho:

Thank you for your reply. Hmmm so they discontinued it. Maybe that was why the Dooney website had it for $100 off original price?

I am certainly glad I went ahead and ordered it though since it's been discontinued. I fell in love with that color.