Kingston hobo?

bestrdh

O.G.
Feb 21, 2012
I'm debating getting something in Ivy since it's discounted, my first instinct was a small Flo since I have a few BUT the Kingston is catching my eye.... For those who have both, which do you prefer and why?? Thanks!!

I liked the Kingston when I had it. It was technically my first Dooney but it wasn't the right one for me. And I ended up ordering the teal small satchel (an "as is" on QVC) and then I ordered more bags at discounted prices and realized I didn't love the Kingston enough at "full" price to keep her. I had the chestnut. It was a nice, sturdy, powerful bag. Didn't feel heavy on the shoulder. Was quite roomy. I would get her again in the future. I enjoyed chestnut but I saw a Kingston in black here and fell in love with it. That would be my Dooney black bag. Someday. But I am a satchel gal. I have two larger sized ones and one small. I like the lady-like feel to her and the different ways to carry her.
And I always eyed the satchels on QVC but the green/red interior intimidated me so I ordered the Kingston. Then I made my way back after all. Go figure.
It's a tough call and a personal one. Might be a matter of touching and trying them both to know for sure.

I ended up getting another small Flo...just stick with what I know I guess:P, someday I might have to fondle a Kingston in person!

That's great. Did you get Ivy? I think it's a good idea to see the Kingston in person to try it on. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on QVC. I went to the outlet to buy it and after trying it on I just couldn't get myself to get it. It just felt kind of big, heavy, and stiff. I love the look of it though, and that strap is probably my favorite of all the Dooney bags. Every time I go to the outlet I pick one up and try it on and always put it back.

That's great. Did you get Ivy? I think it's a good idea to see the Kingston in person to try it on. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on QVC. I went to the outlet to buy it and after trying it on I just couldn't get myself to get it. It just felt kind of big, heavy, and stiff. I love the look of it though, and that strap is probably my favorite of all the Dooney bags. Every time I go to the outlet I pick one up and try it on and always put it back.

Yes I got the Ivy and also a Crimson. This will make 5 satchels for me, all small but one in a large (Chestnut)