Handbag Storage Solutions

Twoboyz

Jan 1, 2014
Hi GF's,

With my fast growing collection of Dooney's, I am facing a storage problem and am trying to find the best solution. I'm wondering what you all do for storage. I don't have a spare bedroom or a walk-in closet so I am very short on space. I'm quickly learning that stuffed handbags take up a lot of room! I was thinking I have all of these beautiful bags that I love so much, but they are all hidden away in my armoire. I was thinking why not get something I could display a few of them in. I saw on some youtube that some ladies were storing their handbags in glass display cabinets. I thought this might be a nice solution. It would give me easy access to some of my favorites, while seeing them as well. What do you guys think? Would you do this? Would you worry about them being stored out in the light?

Here is a display cabinet I found at Ikea. It even has an insert for a light in the top. Wouldn't that be beautiful? Would you worry about the light damaging or discoloring the leather? I'd love to do this, but not at the expense of damaging my bags. What you you ladies do for storage? Thanks :smile:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Hi GF's,

With my fast growing collection of Dooney's, I am facing a storage problem and am trying to find the best solution. I'm wondering what you all do for storage. I don't have a spare bedroom or a walk-in closet so I am very short on space. I'm quickly learning that stuffed handbags take up a lot of room! I was thinking I have all of these beautiful bags that I love so much, but they are all hidden away in my armoire. I was thinking why not get something I could display a few of them in. I saw on some youtube that some ladies were storing their handbags in glass display cabinets. I thought this might be a nice solution. It would give me easy access to some of my favorites, while seeing them as well. What do you guys think? Would you do this? Would you worry about them being stored out in the light?

Here is a display cabinet I found at Ikea. It even has an insert for a light in the top. Wouldn't that be beautiful? Would you worry about the light damaging or discoloring the leather? I'd love to do this, but not at the expense of damaging my bags. What you you ladies do for storage? Thanks :smile:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Ohhhh, that's a nice cabinet and the bags would look great in it.

I personally like the idea of storing them in a "see through" cabinet but the exposure to direct sunlight would worry me, especially with Flo bags and that seems to be a majority of what your bags are. I would worry about the leather fading. :thinking:

I personally like the idea of storing them in a "see through" cabinet but the exposure to direct sunlight would worry me, especially with Flo bags and that seems to be a majority of what your bags are. I would worry about the leather fading. :thinking:
I have mine in my closet in dust bags and others in large boot boxes in dust bags on the floor because I ran out of space up top.

Yeah, that was my worry too. I might skip the glass cabinet and get something slim like this but enclosed. I'm very limited on space. Thanks for your input.

I like the cabinet but you would need several. Right?

Haha, yes ideally I would need several. I was thinking I could showcase four of my favorites, or change it up based on the season and what I would use most often. Then I wouldn't have to switch them in and out of dustbags. Half the time I don't know where the one I'm looking for is, because I have them in underbed storage containers on top of my armoire. I'd love for them to be visible so I could just grab and go.

I like that closetmaid. It looks really nice and it's still relatively inexpensive. I think it would be perfect. I'm thinking too if they are in a cabinet like that, they wouldn't always necessarily need to be in their dustbags, which is a plus for me.

I like that glass cabinet for bags you will be wearing trough the week, lets say. For all the others check billy with glass doors, I think its called billy valbo.I have the one with plastic/wood doors in my laundry/entry room for shoes and I tried to put my bags to check how would they fit. It can hold around 10 to 15 bags deppending on the size of the bags. These bookcases are pretty slim and dont take much space. Im gonna have two in the closet. One for bags, other one for shoes. If they will not fit in the closet, one will go in the bedroom, turned away from the window.

I like that glass cabinet for bags you will be wearing trough the week, lets say. For all the others check billy with glass doors, I think its called billy valbo.I have the one with plastic/wood doors in my laundry/entry room for shoes and I tried to put my bags to check how would they fit. It can hold around 10 to 15 bags deppending on the size of the bags. These bookcases are pretty slim and dont take much space. Im gonna have two in the closet. One for bags, other one for shoes. If they will not fit in the closet, one will go in the bedroom, turned away from the window.

Thanks Nebo, I'll look at that one. There is also the one that goes with my armoire. It's a slim one, but I need something not as deep due to lack of space.

This one is pretty.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49902649/#/S09898649

Yes, that is the one. They are not too deep at all. Here is a picture of mine ( plastic/wood doors) in the laundry room, so you can have a feeling of the bookcase IRL.

You think the bags would be ok displayed in something like that ( glass doors), without the dust bags, if the sun doesnt hit them at all? I would love to do something like that in the bedroom and look at the bags every day :smile:

Attachments

• billy.jpg
    billy.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,993
Yes, that is the one. They are not too deep at all. Here is a picture of mine ( plastic/wood doors) in the laundry room, so you can have a feeling of the bookcase IRL.

You think the bags would be ok displayed in something like that ( glass doors), without the dust bags, if the sun doesnt hit them at all? I would love to do something like that in the bedroom and look at the bags every day :smile:

That's a nice cabinet. Thanks for posting the picture. I don't know, I winder too if they would be okay. My bedroom gets pretty bright,but I don't think any direct sun would be shining on it. Plus the windows are supposed to have UV filters too right? I'm going to google it and see.