Is this a old design

Hi ladies,
I did it. I finally bought my first hermes product to start my hermes collection :smile:

Yesterday, in the frankfurt hermes boutique, I bought a wallet. In the receipt the description is 'Portefeuille dogon recto-verso veau evercolor'. I was so excited because this is the first time I come across a wallet in hermes orange so I got it on the spot.

But today, after much research, I found that this design is a past season design?? And the newer ones are wider in size with a pouch inside? Mine has a zipped back for coins.

So may I please seek some professional advice on this? Is mine an old stock of past seasons? :sad:

Also, may I know if evercolor is a good material for a wallet??
TIA!

Have you searched on here for Dogon styles? I think the R-V is a newer version, certainly from the SLG reference thread it would appear so. I have the Compact which has served me very well over a number of years.

Does it matter to you very much if it is a 'past season' design? If so, maybe H isn't the brand for you as it more about classic, timeless design and longevity (especially with regard to leathergoods) rather than bang up to the minute fashion and trends.

Hi ladies,
I did it. I finally bought my first hermes product to start my hermes collection :smile:

Yesterday, in the frankfurt hermes boutique, I bought a wallet. In the receipt the description is 'Portefeuille dogon recto-verso veau evercolor'. I was so excited because this is the first time I come across a wallet in hermes orange so I got it on the spot.

But today, after much research, I found that this design is a past season design?? And the newer ones are wider in size with a pouch inside? Mine has a zipped back for coins.

So may I please seek some professional advice on this? Is mine an old stock of past seasons? :sad:

Also, may I know if evercolor is a good material for a wallet??
TIA!

I believe this version is in fact the newer and rarer of the dogon. I love mine which I got last Dec.