To all chanel wallet owners.. Please take a look.

prettystuff

Dec 21, 2013
Would you live with this on your wallet's zipper?

I'm just so sick of making multiple trips down to the boutique whenever I purchase/receive an item from Chanel. Sigh. :Pullhair::storm:

The imperfect side (Stitching on right side of the zipper)

263zuxw.jpg

The perfect side

1zebmfr.jpg

Thats a hard one, I would definitely take it to chanel and compare, if there is a better one, exchange. If they are all the same then i think it is ok. It's sort of one of those things that would bother me if i knew others were made better, but if it was meant to be that way then totally fine with it LOL

Me neither.

It obviously bothers you. . . just go back.

I agree. It wouldn't bother me and I am thinking there is a good chance I wouldn't have even noticed it if the wallet were mine.

But, what I have learned after a few years here is everyone is different with what bothers them and what doesn't. Whether it would bother me or another tpfer doesn't really matter because you have to live with it.

I think it does bother you and will continue to bother you. Will you think about it every time you pick the wallet up? If so, take it back so you can be happy every time you hold your wallet-- for what we pay for Chanel you should be happy!

I agree. It wouldn't bother me and I am thinking there is a good chance I wouldn't have even noticed it if the wallet were mine.

But, what I have learned after a few years here is everyone is different with what bothers them and what doesn't. Whether it would bother me or another tpfer doesn't really matter because you have to live with it.

I think it does bother you and will continue to bother you. Will you think about it every time you pick the wallet up? If so, take it back so you can be happy every time you hold your wallet-- for what we pay for Chanel you should be happy!

Yes, it bothers me every time I pick this baby up. I guess it is true that everyone has a differing tolerance level on imperfections. I doubt I can live with this flaw on any of my new Chanel purchases. I have other wallets from Prada and none of their stitching is like this.

I will try to have it exchanged, otherwise I will go for another wallet.

Yes, it bothers me every time I pick this baby up. I guess it is true that everyone has a differing tolerance level on imperfections. I doubt I can live with this flaw on any of my new Chanel purchases. I have other wallets from Prada and none of their stitching is like this.

I will try to have it exchanged, otherwise I will go for another wallet.

:yes: Yes, we all have our personal threshold.
I was just saying since it bothers you enough to post a thread, I don't think it's something you'll get over. Best to exchange it. . . considering it's unused.{?}

Thats a hard one, I would definitely take it to chanel and compare, if there is a better one, exchange. If they are all the same then i think it is ok. It's sort of one of those things that would bother me if i knew others were made better, but if it was meant to be that way then totally fine with it LOL
+1
And to add on, your post made me check my zipper and both sides are perfect. This is not something that I would normally notice or check, but knowing what I know now I would change for a new one if it's available. If it's the last piece, I'll live with it

I would bring it back. They have to finish the stitch somewhere but it shouldn't be that obvious... There's definitely ways to make it look cleaner and since it's the zipper pull, it looks like it would unravel over time and the last thing you want is a stitch hanging off of it a few months from now...

Last edited: