Coach umbrella problems

NurseLV

Dec 26, 2013
Hi everyone. I usually hang out over at the LV forum but I bought a Coach umbrella about a year ago and now I'm having problems. It was a $58 umbrella but I had a $50 card from a SA so I only ended up paying $8 for the thing. Now a year later it won't close. To keep it down I have to wrap the little tie around it. Has anyone had this kind of problem with a Coach umbrella (FP not MFF)? If so what did Coach do to fix the problem? I called my local store to ask what could be done and they told me they would repair it for free but I had to pay shipping ($10 each way to Jax). When I complained that this would cost me more than I actually paid for the umbrella, they told me to bring it in and they MIGHT waive the shipping. What should I do?

I went into my outlet and told the manager about my umbrella malfunctioning and asked what I could do, the umbrella was a year old, she said with no problem to bring it in and shed swap it out for another one without a receipt!!! I thought that was awesome so you might consider asking :smile:

I agree- I have several Coach umbrellas both Boutique and Factory-I have had problems with only one and it also won't close, or close completely all the time....I took it to my store the other day and they ordered another one for me....not exactly the same, but that didn't matter. Good luck! Just for the record, I wouldn't pay to have it repaired...the shipping is outrageous considering what you initially paid for it!

Just a follow up: I took the umbrella into FP today and they informed me that they don't repair umbrellas and there was nothing they could do. I am pissed that Coach doesn't stand behind their products but not as pissed as I would be if I had paid $58 for it. No mention of me getting another one for free or at a discount from them. Oh well, lesson learned. Won't buy anything else from Coach.

Sorry about your umbrella, and the response from Coach. I have a few mini umbrellas from Coach. I bought them from FOS….I really consider them on the same level as an umbrella from Target.

I have 2 Coach umbrellas. I haven't had any issue but I also am pretty careful with them, considering the extremely windy/rainy days we can get here. For the price I paid, I wouldn't really consider them to be a lifetime investment. I enjoy them more for their happy prints on miserable days!

I think it would be pretty hard to guarantee a $58 product for life ?! Jmo

I never said it should last for life but I would expect it to last longer than a year (3-5 years at least!) I probably didn't get 15 uses out of it. I'm not being unreasonable as other posters have said they at least got coupons when theirs broke after a short time. Thanks anyway.