Dilemma: Ebene croco 35B, yes or no?

A few thoughts/questions: What is current price and is the color and hardware what you want?
I would get it (but that's just me and I adore croc) if I didn't already have a 35 black porosus, is this ebene croc porosus or nilo or gator? I think matte is soooo classy and durable!
Do you wear browns? I don't wear browns so for me black was the best choice but I think ebene is elegant and more unique and dark enough to act like black. Good luck and let us know your decision...It's exciting to be offered a croc at the H boutique, isn't it???

I think ebene is elegant and more unique and dark enough to act like black. Good luck and let us know your decision...It's exciting to be offered a croc at the H boutique, isn't it???

Colour-wise I totally agree. OP, what colour do you want? What colour bags do you tend to reach for usually?
Personally, matte Ebene croc in either nilo or Porosus would be beyond amazing.

To me, neutrals in the brown color family in matt are simply divine, it looks so luxe. If it's in the color hw you want, and fits into your wardrobe palette, I'd jump on it.
I too was on the fence before taking the plunge on my Cocoan Dalvy. On one side, I don't aat all wear browns. On the other, this one was a rare GM, and in Chèvre de Coromandel. Finally I couldn't resist, and frankly, it works with my whole wardrobe mainly made of black, grey and navy. And I can tell you I never, ever, regretted this! Ebène is a great cw, and on the dark side. You'll never have any problem pairing it with other colors. I would go for it in a heartbeat!

I must be in the minority. I was offered an Ebene croc two years ago, and passed. It is nice enough, but I wear blacks or colors mostly, never really browns. So I personally prefer either black bag or bright bag, not brown even if it's super dark brown. I have an indigo bag, and I almost never wear it because of the contrast I see when I put it next to black...

I must be in the minority. I was offered an Ebene croc two years ago, and passed. It is nice enough, but I wear blacks or colors mostly, never really browns. So I personally prefer either black bag or bright bag, not brown even if it's super dark brown. I have an indigo bag, and I almost never wear it because of the contrast I see when I put it next to black...
Really, purselover? Ilove mixing black and navy, my go-to outfits are usually made of this!

Really, purselover? Ilove mixing black and navy, my go-to outfits are usually made of this!

Oh I wished I could fix my eyes!! I have tried!

ETA: To OP, I think you should pick your first croc based on what color bags you have in your wardrobe that you use the most. Croc is more of an investment, so if you have and use alot of dark brown bags, then ebene would be a beautiful choice!

Last edited:
I too was on the fence before taking the plunge on my Cocoan Dalvy. On one side, I don't aat all wear browns. On the other, this one was a rare GM, and in Chèvre de Coromandel. Finally I couldn't resist, and frankly, it works with my whole wardrobe mainly made of black, grey and navy. And I can tell you I never, ever, regretted this! Ebène is a great cw, and on the dark side. You'll never have any problem pairing it with other colors. I would go for it in a heartbeat!

OT here, but Anfang if you can find a suitable thread to post your Dalvy in I'd love to see it, it sounds dreamy!

Thanks everyone! Your advices are all very helpful. As similar to most of you, I don't wear brown at all. I wear mostly black, grey and navy, that's why I hesitate in the first place. But yeah, ebene is very dark that I can use it as black. My bags are in all colors except black or brown so I think it's a plus too! :biggrin:

Prettychic, it's around USD55k, but I don't know which croc it is, I shall check that out too ;)

Thanks everyone! Your advices are all very helpful. As similar to most of you, I don't wear brown at all. I wear mostly black, grey and navy, that's why I hesitate in the first place. But yeah, ebene is very dark that I can use it as black. My bags are in all colors except black or brown so I think it's a plus too! :biggrin:

Prettychic, it's around USD55k, but I don't know which croc it is, I shall check that out too ;)
Do please keep us updated! Matte croc anything is really exciting!

Do please keep us updated! Matte croc anything is really exciting!
This. Matte croc anything is sooooo dreamy. But it all depends on your feeling about brown. I personally love "off" darks (indigo, graphite) with black or almost anything. Wonder if Ebene qualifies...brown and black seems dicey.

Greys and coco browns can go beautifully together, black too, especially if you add another neutral in there like a cream and remember this cw of Quadrige, navy and brown in beautiful harmony ;)

*photo courtesy of MaiTai

Attachments

• DSC00026_2.jpg
    DSC00026_2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 468
Ebene in Matt croc is a lovely "black coffee' type of brown, but it is not dark enough to pass as black. It is a lovely dark neutral though, and strangely is darker than most brown clothes, but I love wearing brown with black and navy with black so I'd say look at the bag, if the scales are nice, you like the hardware colour and you fall in love with the bag then fabulous, if not then pass....

ps, BritAbroad, that quadrige scarf is gorgeous, must find one