Help!! Oil stain on my miumiu

june17

O.G.
Jan 16, 2014
So i got an oil stain on my favorite miumiu bag. I tried to remove it using cornflour as suggested eveywhere, but ended up there are patches of white stain on it.
I brought it to a bag spa cleaning and they said they need to recolour it, as they saw the white corn flour patches as a decolouration.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396596008.315237.jpgI'm so stressed out! Help please!!

My child once spilled an entire bottle of baby oil on my couch. I put baby powder with corn starch in it from Johnson & Johnson and placed it on the stain. After 24 hrs the oil was gone. I really put a lot on the oil. I didn't just sprinkle it on.

My child once spilled an entire bottle of baby oil on my couch. I put baby powder with corn starch in it from Johnson & Johnson and placed it on the stain. After 24 hrs the oil was gone. I really put a lot on the oil. I didn't just sprinkle it on.

Did it completely removed?
I'm desperate!! The bag spa told me to recolour everything cos they feel that the white patches are actually decolouration. But i agree with you, it looks like it is not permanent. It just like the powder stuff bonded with the oils.
I don't know what else to do. ;(

Hi, I'm sorry about the stain. I think there are several ways to restore the color, for the white patches I would first try with a clean soft brush and see if helps.

You could also see the LMB tips page here: http://www.lovinmybags.com/tips.html

Seriously, I know the lady at LMB and she will help you for sure, I believe it doesn't look permanent, as others mentioed, more like it bonded because we still see the color when looking closely... I'm sure she could help you use the right stuff in order to restore it :smile:
Her name is Barbara, good luck!

I came across this blog today: http://americandrycleanersleather.blogspot.se Could be worth mailing the guy? I'm unfortunately not in the states or would have sent an email with a few bags for him to look at! Goodluck! X

I'm not in states either. :nogood: I live in Australia where the services available for these kind of issues are very limited.
I brought it to the good handbag cleaner, but their answer was to recolour it.

so have you gotten a chance to try a soft bristle brush on the corn flower/oil spots? Perhaps, a quality leather cleaner might help? Lexol?

Thanks for the input. Yes, i've tried soft brush to remove the corn flour, but no result, the white spots are still there.
I haven't tried leather cleaner cos i read somewhere that it might not work for matte-finished leather like my bag.

Seriously, I know the lady at LMB and she will help you for sure, I believe it doesn't look permanent, as others mentioed, more like it bonded because we still see the color when looking closely... I'm sure she could help you use the right stuff in order to restore it :smile:
Her name is Barbara, good luck!

Thanks MarikaBe! I'll try to email her. I'm not in states though, do you think she will answer my query?

I found a spot on my new bag - round a bit smaller than a dime. Since the bag wasn't in a kitchen or bathroom at home and the stain is near the bottom, not on a place my hands would have been, I think happened the night before I discovered it. We were at a restaurant and I think some sort of food substance containing oil did it.

I've been trying cornstarch, heating, rubbing. The spot seems to have gone from being perfectly round to having irregular edges. But it's not going away. I'm afraid to use anything else on it. I want to treat the bag to protect it but want to do all possible to get the stain off before I lock it in with Applegarde.
Suggestions?
I thought about trying an eraser but I'd want to try it on a different part of the bag and I may create another mark.Most folks are under the impression that you can get out ink, grease, oil, or makeup from their Coach bags. Because Coach bags are unsealed, and the leather breaths, much like your own skin, these stains are not removable. According to Coach, if your bag has any of these stains, the best method is to do nothing. Over time these stains will blend into the leather and become less evident as the leather ages. Any attempt of removal will only damage the leather.

I found this on an Ebay guide to care of Coach leather:

Quote:

Most folks are under the impression that you can get out ink, grease, oil, or makeup from their Coach bags. Because Coach bags are unsealed, and the leather breaths, much like your own skin, these stains are not removable. According to Coach, if your bag has any of these stains, the best method is to do nothing. Over time these stains will blend into the leather and become less evident as the leather ages. Any attempt of removal will only damage the leather.Unquote

If this is correct, I guess I may have done more hard than good with the cornstarch

Last edited: