Advice needed on first purchase :)

SoadyJones01

May 11, 2013
Hi everyone, so some of you may know that I'll be purchasing my first ever pair of Chanel sunglasses soon - and first Chanel item too! I'm very excited :smile:

I'm interested in these sunglasses and wondered if anyone had them.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397905187.953783.jpg

Just a bit concerned about the patent leather on the arms and how this might age or wear over time? I've never heard of sunglasses with leather on before.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you

Here are two others that I like, so any recommendations would be appreciated too :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397905206.356870.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397905226.190063.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397905241.698796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397905241.698796.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 524
I have the third pair in black and like them fine :smile:

I really liked these but my SA could not find them in the system. so in addition to the ones you are looking at, ended up with another pair like them that have little bows instead of camellias on the side (I cannot find the on the chanel website though) and love the cat eye shape! :graucho:

sunglasses are so specific to each person! I have a hard time because I have like no bridge to my nose and very ummmm full cheekbones LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 505
I have the third pair in black and like them fine :smile:

I really liked these but my SA could not find them in the system. so in addition to the ones you are looking at, ended up with another pair like them that have little bows instead of camellias on the side (I cannot find the on the chanel website though) and love the cat eye shape! :graucho:

sunglasses are so specific to each person! I have a hard time because I have like no bridge to my nose and very ummmm full cheekbones LOL

Lol, I totally agree that sunglasses depend on shape of face etc. I definitely prefer over sized, usually more rounded than completely square but happy to experiment with shapes and sizes!

I actually really like the third pair, they were my initial choice until I saw these with the leather on

I've never tried a cat eye shape, very pretty!

I have a black pair with the bows in white - I got them last year and love them. I really like the bow sunglasses pictured in your post.

Thank you, the bows are adorable! I think the pair you're referring to are the very first pair of Chanel sunglasses that I ever wanted but now can't find. Im worried about preloved sunglasses as they're so hard to authenticate.

They are pretty easy to find in US (with black or white bow).

So go to a few boutiques and see if you can find a pair in UK

If not, I am pretty sure you can find a pair in US when you come over

Thank you, the bows are adorable! I think the pair you're referring to are the very first pair of Chanel sunglasses that I ever wanted but now can't find. Im worried about preloved sunglasses as they're so hard to authenticate.

I just checked and the style number is 5171 for the ones I have. I got them in the Chanel boutique at Selfridges in Manchester. Good luck with deciding which ones to go for :smile:

I love the cat eye Txrosegirl posted or the bow sunglasses. I think unless you really know your face shape well...you should try them on in person. They all fit a little differently. And, you will be able to tell which ones suite your face the best. And, which ones feel the best! Don't forget to post when you get them. GL

They are pretty easy to find in US (with black or white bow).

So go to a few boutiques and see if you can find a pair in UK

If not, I am pretty sure you can find a pair in US when you come over

Thank you, that's good to know that they're still available in US. I've seen the ones with the black bow but haven't seen the white bow ones for some time.Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places!