What should the prices be?

No, I think they shd basically keep the bays at £895 and gradually introduce cheaper lines making the bays their most expensive 'pinnacle' bag. A bit like the birkin is for hermes.

Ideally or realistically? Hehe
I doubt bays would go below £500. Even the seasonal colour are now £1100, so they might be 40% off! independent retailers might do 50% towards end of sales. Classic colours are @895 I don't think they will go on sale but prices won't go up this year. Seasonal colours for lily will probably,y be like bays, 40% @ M & 50% else where.
What I'm interested in is whether the seasonal colour for double zip bays or willow would be incl in the sale. I'm eyeing up the double zip but if they don't discount I would probably save more for Chanel

So if the news reports are true and they re indeed going to reduce their prices what should they be?
Standard lily 395?
Standard alexa 595?
Standard bays 495
What do you reckon guys?
Sorry to disappoint, but they aren't going to drop the prices on any of their current range. They will introduce new bags which are less expensive and let inflation catch up with the higher price range, so no further price increases for a while. :smile:

No, I think they shd basically keep the bays at £895 and gradually introduce cheaper lines making the bays their most expensive 'pinnacle' bag. A bit like the birkin is for hermes.
Because "the Hermes way" worked so well before! ;) I love the mental image of M hiding all the Bays from sight and only offering them to customers they deem worthy.

I also think staples like neutral colour Bays, Alexa and Lily won't be reducing their prices. Seasonal colours might get slashed by a bigger-than-expected percentage in the summer sales though.

Here's hoping they don't reduce their price. My bags would be worth nothing after spending a lot of money on them. If people don't want to pay the prices buy pre-loved or start buying Michael Kors/Coach. Simples.

Here's hoping they don't reduce their price. My bags would be worth nothing after spending a lot of money on them. If people don't want to pay the prices buy pre-loved or start buying Michael Kors/Coach. Simples.

You are in a minority....you are the customer mulberry wanted but there just aren't enough of you thus the profit warnings.......the rest of us mere mortals are happy for price reductions in the sales and outlets and lower priced ranges...bring it on the bigger the reductions the better!!!!!

So if the news reports are true and they re indeed going to reduce their prices what should they be?
Standard lily 395?
Standard alexa 595?
Standard bays 495
What do you reckon guys?

Prices will still start at 495 bays clutch price but we will hopefully see more bags in the less than £700 range....they can keep the ones over £1000

Interesting point. I personally don't consider my bags to be investments or worth "anything" in monetary terms in any event - from a technical standpoint they are insured but I buy bags that I consider classics and more importantly that I love enough to keep forever - I've never sold one. This means once the money is gone from my pocket it doesn't really make a difference to me how the market price moves.

I can see how opinion would differ, however, if selling on to recover at least a proportion of the price is built into your bag-owning model. And I do agree that it's up to the consumer whether they are prepared to pay the asking price.

I'm a mid-range/sale shopping mulberry lover, so very happy to see that Mulberry are looking to introduce more "affordable" ranges.

I love love love my mulberry bags, but I did buy a Michael Kors cross body bag to use in the rain. I don't love it so much lol!

It cost more than I paid for my first Anthony messenger back in the day...

You are in a minority....you are the customer mulberry wanted but there just aren't enough of you thus the profit warnings.......the rest of us mere mortals are happy for price reductions in the sales and outlets and lower priced ranges...bring it on the bigger the reductions the better!!!!!

I am not the kind of customer they are after. My answer is below. :smile:

Interesting point. I personally don't consider my bags to be investments or worth "anything" in monetary terms in any event - from a technical standpoint they are insured but I buy bags that I consider classics and more importantly that I love enough to keep forever - I've never sold one. This means once the money is gone from my pocket it doesn't really make a difference to me how the market price moves.

I can see how opinion would differ, however, if selling on to recover at least a proportion of the price is built into your bag-owning model. And I do agree that it's up to the consumer whether they are prepared to pay the asking price.

You both misunderstand me. I couldn't EVER see me spend over £1000 on a bag. To me that's just ridiculous and if I want another bag I should be able to sell the bags I currently own without fearing a big price drop. I use all my bags fearlessly and I am not the type to keep them in the back of my wardrobe as a trophy. I could never tell if I will love a bag forever, hence I am totally against a price drop. As others have said, Mulberry should bring out a cheaper range. That I'd have no objection to.

As I've said previously, if you are unhappy at the price, try another designer... There are plenty of up and coming designers out there that will do equally good bags for a fraction of the price. Problem is we all like the Mulberry label. :graucho:

i'm with you on this one, if they slashed the prices now i'd be quite upset really :tdown:! i've spent a lot of my hard earned money on my bags and i like to think i chose them wisely in case i did want to sell them one day, slashing the prices would mean they would potentially be worth very little... :sad:

As I understand you, you're saying that you hope they don't reduce the price of the bags that we have currently paid hard-won money for as it would reduce their value. I have to agree with this. I'm happy for a price freeze, or a more accessible range to be introduced, and I'm always happy to bag a bargain in the outlets(!) but I think to reduce the standard price of current stock sends out the wrong messages.