the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vixy! It was VERY hard to purchase the Italian residence. It was made easier by the fact that I am a citizen of the European Union as well as American...so this helps with some of the crazy tax laws. Italian real estate is notoriously 'nebulous' and unclear. I bought the place from a wealthy family, and I remember the matriarch at the final signing stuffing the documents and more into a paper bag....very nebulous. The whole thing was very scary, hard and I don't think I'd have the guts to ever do it again. There are terrible stories of people getting scammed, ripped off, etc. Thank god it was a clean transaction, but my heart was in my throat the entire time.
Then we had to figure out how everything works, and I don't speak Italian. I spent a few years living there full time, and now we travel as a vacation spot, though less often then I would like. It is in Barga, which is a small city about half hour from Lucca in northern Tuscany. The mountains and water are so near by....Florence is an hour away..perfect vacation spot. But alas, traveling with all of the family is expensive and hard.

Wow, that sounds like a exciting yet scary experience at the same time! Buying land in a foreign country is always frighten. Different rules and regulations, if something should go wrong, it's hard to figure out if there are any recourse etc.
I guess sometimes you have to take a risk if it's worth it and it sounds like it was!

I am just trying to picture the closing with documents being stuff in a paper bag!
I probably wouldn't be able to help myself and burst out laughing!

Your vacation home sounds wonderfully idyllic! Rolling mountains and fresh crisp air. So beautiful! Do you rent it out or have somebody taking care of it when not in use?

Thanks for all the compliments on Smoke, ladies! Most of my pictures are taken with my cellphone - Droid Mini! I take a lot of pics and toss a lot of junk pics, thankfully processing and film are no longer an issue. lol

Very nice, JKP! Smoke is smokin' as usual.

May I ask, from your collection, what is the smallest width you have? If I remember correctly, the two from UJ are thinner? Trying to figure out whether I would like something narrow. TIA for any info.

My 2 small widths are from UJ, both are about 7mm. When I first got them I was so worried about cracking and breaking them because of how delicate they felt compared to my other bangles, but both are actually really strong. Both are very opaque and don't chime as well when it is just the 2 of them, but when I stack with a larger bangle, it brings their song out.

Wow another thread! I haven't been here much lately. (Father sick in hospital).
Germanshepherd? Received your UT bangle that took a side trip to Canada yet? Received "Ellen" yesterday and I adore her!!!

Love the color and how even the grain looks here, well done!

Hi Miss Piggy! Hugs to you!

Thanks Silver Mom! I am astonished that I did it. It is fun to be able to go there. I love it...and I hope that I will be able to in the next couple of years. What is great is that it is a tie to my German/European side. Summer in a year, my parents will be taking my older children for a summer there and in Germany. I am glad that they have a chance to get to know their roots too, as they are EU citizens as well. My big hope is that they will get good at German and perhaps consider going to university there.

That is super awesome. I think if I regret anything about my youth, it's that I didn't travel more or go abroad or do an exchange program. I know it's still possible, but thinking about trying to travel with a 4 year old just makes me tired. :biggrin:

The ending was a bit lame. But I'm not sure how I would like it to end if I had it my way. I wouldn't want them to be torn apart either....

As for Legend...I am still trying to get through it...for some reasons it's not clicking with me. There are some slow parts...not sure if the series should really be at 76 chapters.

Is there a schedule for new Empress Ki episodes? When I looked the other day there were only 45 chapters now there is 47 wah! I better get back to it.

If you haven't seen Rooftop Prince, you should take a look. It's really funny.
Oh only after watching Bubu Jingxin...unless you started on something else already??
I guess Legend does get kinda slow sometimes but I really liked it. I guess because I thought the show was so beautiful i.e. the clothes, the jewelry, the way they decorated the set etc. I was not bored because there was so much to see. i don't think there are many more chapters of Empress Ki. I am not going to watch any more dramas for a while now. Taking a break.

Here is my newest babies, just bought 2 days ago

Attachments

• twin.jpg
    twin.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 471
  • twin2.jpg
    twin2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 465
  • twin3.jpg
    twin3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 466
  • twin4.jpg
    twin4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 463
Sorry to hear that your father is sick, I hope he feels better soon.

Ellen is absolutely glowing and so gorgeous!! Very nice!!

Thankyou! Vixy and Miss Oinky for your compliments!
In certain lighting I can almost see shades of lavendar. Very interesting and ever-changing she seems.

Thank you for the welcome and for posting pictures of your buttons. This thread is simply amazing - I can spend hours just drooling over all your beautiful bangles.

Druzy, may I you about your YS source? Is it an online store?

Status
Not open for further replies.